Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 306 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

He was injured for most of last season (which definitely fits our historic signing model).  I'm assuming we're spending the Morelos money up front (risky).  I don't think Roofe is necessarily the Morels replacement, I think if we sign the Swiss boy he'll play more central and Roofe out wide.

I've watched a couple of  St Gallen games lately as I've been bored and Betting on anything,  great to watch and batter in the goals, as do a few of the Swiss sides. 

7 minutes ago, Farcity said:

I've watched a couple of  St Gallen games lately as I've been bored and Betting on anything,  great to watch and batter in the goals, as do a few of the Swiss sides. 

4 of my friends have been sticking weekly £25 bets on over 2.5 goals in the Swiss first and second leagues (the challenger leagues, perhaps?). Walked away with £650 on Friday night.

7 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

4 of my friends have been sticking weekly £25 bets on over 2.5 goals in the Swiss first and second leagues (the challenger leagues, perhaps?). Walked away with £650 on Friday night.

Good win that, im not surprised though. I reckon the Austrian 2nd Division would be pretty high in the over 2.5 goals too. 

3 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Good win that, im not surprised though. I reckon the Austrian 2nd Division would be pretty high in the over 2.5 goals too. 

Cheers- will look into that one. Know they have won a couple of times on the Norweigan first too.

Roofe is a strange one, started playing no bad for leeds then decided to go to anderlecht, think he should do well enough in the scottish league for rangers though. Thought he was a bit older too but only 27 if i remember from wiki earlier

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

He was injured for most of last season (which definitely fits our historic signing model).  I'm assuming we're spending the Morelos money up front (risky).  I don't think Roofe is necessarily the Morels replacement, I think if we sign the Swiss boy he'll play more central and Roofe out wide.

I would have thought Roofe would be played up top?

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I would have thought Roofe would be played up top?

He can play up top, or out wide I believe.  Hasn't really kicked on at Anderlecht but Kompany has struggled in his 1st year.

Be interesting to see how we line up now with him and Itten

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

He can play up top, or out wide I believe.  Hasn't really kicked on at Anderlecht but Kompany has struggled in his 1st year.

Be interesting to see how we line up now with him and Itten

Wonder if Morelos will be away by Thursday? Do we chance playing him, and him getting injured? Suspect it will be too late to register the new boys.

17 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Wonder if Morelos will be away by Thursday? Do we chance playing him, and him getting injured? Suspect it will be too late to register the new boys.

can't register anyone for the game so its likely to be him unless they go left field and play Barker or someone with pace through the middle. 

58 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lewis Macleod is looking for a move back up here after leaving Wigan.

Any takers for a such an injury prone player ?

Hearts like signing players that are made of glass and then complaining about their injury list.....
😜

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Not really sure I see Fletcher getting much game time at Celtic anyway.  They've got at least 2 forwards better than him and possibly 3 if the Polish boy continues his pre season form.

We appear to be adopting some sort of scatter gun approach to signing strikers which may or may not be linked to some sort of succession plan for Edouard. 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Not really sure I see Fletcher getting much game time at Celtic anyway.  They've got at least 2 forwards better than him and possibly 3 if the Polish boy continues his pre season form.

Talk is he was he was going to take Bayos spot in the team as Celtic are sending him on loan to St Mirren, and with all the Griffiths talk, its hard not to think that Celtic might be two strikers down soon enough....

20 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Talk is he was he was going to take Bayos spot in the team as Celtic are sending him on loan to St Mirren, and with all the Griffiths talk, its hard not to think that Celtic might be two strikers down soon enough....

So play about 46 minutes all season and score no goals.  I'll do that if they want to pay me Bayo's wages!

49 minutes ago, slasher said:

We appear to be adopting some sort of scatter gun approach to signing strikers which may or may not be linked to some sort of succession plan for Edouard. 

That's been our recruitment strategy for years.