Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 296 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 5/28/2020 at 6:49 AM, EddardStark said:

Have Rangers run the financing package via Michael Stewart ?

Its hardly surprising this transfer is questioned. Every club is under financial strain because of lockdown and clubs including rangers have furloughed non playing staff but they found 3m to buy hagi. 

If aberdeen were sign any player with a transfer fee id be questioning it.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Its hardly surprising this transfer is questioned. Every club is under financial strain because of lockdown and clubs including rangers have furloughed non playing staff but they found 3m to buy hagi. 

If aberdeen were sign any player with a transfer fee id be questioning it.

Rangers in being arseholes shocker. Fortunately the furloughed staff are probably too staunch to see the problem with this

13 hours ago, Kirk said:

Rangers in being arseholes shocker. Fortunately the furloughed staff are probably too staunch to see the problem with this

Not to defend Rangers, but To be fair I don’t necessarily think furloughing staff should stop a business from making any future investment. There will be plenty companies in far healthier financial positions than most football clubs taking full advantage of the Job retention scheme to furlough staff and minimise they impact to their business.

Why would Rangers (or any other club) pay staff that can’t work when the government are offering to take the hit?

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Not to defend Rangers, but To be fair I don’t necessarily think furloughing staff should stop a business from making any future investment. There will be plenty companies in far healthier financial positions than most football clubs taking full advantage of the Job retention scheme to furlough staff and minimise they impact to their business.

Why would Rangers (or any other club) pay staff that can’t work when the government are offering to take the hit?

Rangers arent breaking any laws but other companies and individuals are being critisiced for taking advantage of the scheme when they dont need to.

Unless rangers are contractually obliged to sign hagi, its not a need therefore some might ask why a company is taking advantage of a government scheme but agreeing to purchase something fot 3m. This isnt like a regular company where the investment could secure the company future.

Its not breaaking laws but if ANY club has furloughed staff, i dont think its right to be buying players

Would it not be some sort of negligence if Football clubs didn’t accept the financial support available?

I can see your angle and I don’t entirely disagree, they probably shouldn’t be front of the queue for hand outs, I have a “charity begins at home” attitude to football clubs coming round with the begging bowl to subsidise paying guys £100,000 a year to play football.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Would it not be some sort of negligence if Football clubs didn’t accept the financial support available?

I can see your angle and I don’t entirely disagree, they probably shouldn’t be front of the queue for hand outs, I have a “charity begins at home” attitude to football clubs coming round with the begging bowl to subsidise paying guys £100,000 a year to play football.

Them, of all clubs, should be chased for furloughing staff. 

On one hand they shaft the taxpayer slithering off into oblivion having dodged their responsibilities then appearing in the queue a few years later hoovering up handouts from the same taxpayers they were happy to rob previously. Shameless. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

Them, of all clubs, should be chased for furloughing staff. 

On one hand they shaft the taxpayer slithering off into oblivion having dodged their responsibilities then appearing in the queue a few years later hoovering up handouts from the same taxpayers they were happy to rob previously. Shameless. 

Different entities apparently😜

Hayes and Simunovic not getting their contracts renewed. Neither of them really good enough, done a turn here and there but quite how Simunovic was still here for as long as he was, was mental. Compounded by the fact Lennon played him in the Copenhagen game and cost us our best chance at a run in Europe for years.

14 minutes ago, Mox said:

Hayes and Simunovic not getting their contracts renewed. Neither of them really good enough, done a turn here and there but quite how Simunovic was still here for as long as he was, was mental. Compounded by the fact Lennon played him in the Copenhagen game and cost us our best chance at a run in Europe for years.

Didn't Calvin Miller get released too ?

About five or six years ago he was named one of the best teenagers in Europe in some daft football magazine. Predictably the Scottish press then started building him up based on almost nothing. 

13 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Miller was on loan at Dundee, and didnt impress at all.

OK going forward, but just OK, very poor defensively, and a bit clueless and lost at times.

Aye, he played a couple of games under Rodgers and you could tell He was way out of his depth.

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers arent breaking any laws but other companies and individuals are being critisiced for taking advantage of the scheme when they dont need to.

Unless rangers are contractually obliged to sign hagi, its not a need therefore some might ask why a company is taking advantage of a government scheme but agreeing to purchase something fot 3m. This isnt like a regular company where the investment could secure the company future.

Its not breaaking laws but if ANY club has furloughed staff, i dont think its right to be buying players

Haven’t Rangers just got rid of 6 or so players?Company I’ve been working for turned over £18m last year and have still put a lot of staff on furlough yet have also let 5 staff go in Spain. At the same time they’ve employed someone in graphic design in the UK. They have to promote their products and this designer can help them do that whereas the people in Spain couldn’t.

It’s just simple business. I assume that’s Rangers thinking too (possibly giving them too much credit here). They have a product to sell to their season ticket holders and maybe they think Hagi can do a job that Halliday and the others couldn’t do. Despite some tragic situations some people are in, business has to continue and managers of those businesses can’t sit on their hands. Whether Rangers shafted taxpayers in the past or not sadly shouldn’t come into their thinking. Nobody should be looking at the past for any other reason but to learn from it.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

I reckon Hayes will be back up the road and see out his career with Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I reckon Hayes will be back up the road and see out his career with Aberdeen

English champ sides sniffing around. No chance the dons will compete with that

Just now, vanderark14 said:

English champ sides sniffing around. No chance the dons will compete with that

That's the problem aye, as soon as English teams start sniffing around there's no chance.

15 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Any clubs signing players while furloughing folk should have their stones kicked....legally nothing wrong with it, morally it's a fucking disgrace

4 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Any clubs signing players while furloughing folk should have their stones kicked....legally nothing wrong with it, morally it's a fucking disgrace

I hear what you’re saying, but surely the whole point is surely, companies with big burdens for staff who they don’t need and can’t pay, can offset that loss...

Id like to think our football clubs are making up the 20% or paying everyone full salary, while using the job retention scheme to keep everyone employed.... I doubt it, but you never know.

Ironically I’m Usually against just giving money to football teams,  but in this instance I think they should take it. 🤷‍♂️

Strongly disagree...clubs have every right to utilise the furlough scheme, but when they have no idea when football will resume, and more importantly when they will be able to play in front of fans and subsequently can't accurately calculate their own cash flow, signing players and ultimately increasing their costs is lunacy...the other addition to that is, that there are some clubs whipping money out of people's bank accounts for season tickets, for a season they haven't a clue when will start. Its fucking disgraceful 

8 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Strongly disagree...clubs have every right to utilise the furlough scheme, but when they have no idea when football will resume, and more importantly when they will be able to play in front of fans and subsequently can't accurately calculate their own cash flow, signing players and ultimately increasing their costs is lunacy...the other addition to that is, that there are some clubs whipping money out of people's bank accounts for season tickets, for a season they haven't a clue when will start. Its fucking disgraceful 

Aye, I don’t disagree again. My rangers Supporting mate was asking me about this the other day.

MFC have said, if you’ve paid for a 20/21 season ticket, you will see 19 games in the flesh at fir park (or get your money back) and you will get the first cup (hopefully European) game free for your loyalty.

Whereas I believe other clubs are saying “renew your season ticket at a cost of £450 for a season that might never happen, or some other mug will have your seat.” Or words to that effect. 

“ps: if you want to go to cup or away games, we want another £40 off you, but we’ll give you a small discount on our overpriced sportswear.”

Clubs will need to start signing players whether they are forloughing or not. From today many players contracts run out and won't have any income. Clubs possibly restarting training soon for a possible August start. They've got to get their squads in place soon.