Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 295 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Looks like we are taking up the option we have on young Hickey. Also linked with a swap deal.... Benkovic for Ajer plus cash. 

Celtic get the cash? That seems like an excellent deal for Celtic.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Looks like we are taking up the option we have on young Hickey. Also linked with a swap deal.... Benkovic for Ajer plus cash. 

Was Hickey at Celtic before Hearts? How does the option work, price wise?

Edited by Stu101

On 5/26/2020 at 2:04 PM, Stu101 said:

Was Hickey at Celtic before Hearts? How does the option work, price wise?

On 5/26/2020 at 3:10 PM, slasher said:

Yeah. There was both a buy back and a sell on clause. Not sure of the fee but its not huge. 

It’s pretty grim in the sense Celtic can hoover up all the young talent and even have options to bring back the ones they didn’t want if they make it elsewhere. Great business from Celtic, and ultimately looking after their shareholders fans is their main MO. 😜

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See Rangers fans on Twitter are awarding themselves the "first signing of the pandemic in the UK" trophy.

While telling the world that Celtic "demanded" the league title while people were dying. Despite the fact that their prayers for null and void was all you could read on social media for about a month and their club released a statement saying they opposed playing games behind closed doors.

Fuds.

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Funny one right enough. He looks a tidy little player but there’s no denying Rangers went right off the boil when he started playing for them. Could be just a coincidence though.

I'd have thought it could be better spent elsewhere. Time will tell I suppose. 

Just now, Farcity said:

I'd have thought it could be better spent elsewhere. Time will tell I suppose. 

He's the type of player we need.  Whether he's the right one remains to be seen.  Biggest problem from this season is that we rarely seemed to play him in the right position, a problem that's plagued Rangers managers for as long as I can remember (Basil Boli at right back, Duncan Ferguson outside left, Charlie Adam left mid, John Fleck left mid, Franny Jeffers).

43 minutes ago, Debian said:

Such seethe over a signing.  

You don’t know what that word means do you?

From the limited time that I seen him, he looked hot and cold, which is probably to be expected. Potentially a good player in there, but a bit of a risk.