Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 287 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

39 minutes ago, kumnio said:

But May is an absolute donkey, I know you’re saying he was a workhorse, but he should have been put down. His goalscoring record was abysmal. Aberdeen need much better than him. 

Which they have in Cosgrove, he’ll score the goals if he gets the right balls. Stewart and anyone else we had in behind Cosgrove aren’t a patch on May. As I said, it’s no coincidence that we played out best football of the season when they were on the park together and have went rapidly downhill since. 

12 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Folk pulling themselves into a quick over the Norwegian from Southampton. He’s barely kicked a ball in a year so what is it I’m missing then??

Never heard of the cunt yet now he’s the new Pele. 

Good morning Mr Sunshine

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Good morning Mr Delta. Honestly, what am I missing with this wonderful signing?

He was a player at one point, been awful at Southampton and if he does well at us then someone will step in buy him for more than we could. 

He looks decent but I find it utterly astonishing that with a few days left of the transfer window we've got 8 wingers and seem unable to shift players we don't need. We've got five left wingers alone, that is fucking mental, I don't even want to know how much money we are spending on people that are clearly not wanted.

17 minutes ago, Mox said:

He was a player at one point, been awful at Southampton and if he does well at us then someone will step in buy him for more than we could. 

He looks decent but I find it utterly astonishing that with a few days left of the transfer window we've got 8 wingers and seem unable to shift players we don't need. We've got five left wingers alone, that is fucking mental, I don't even want to know how much money we are spending on people that are clearly not wanted.

If he was any good it wouldn’t be us taking him on.Our fans are utterly laughable as is our recruitment policies.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Your last paragraph pretty much word for word describes Rangers!

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, macy37 said:

If he was any good it wouldn’t be us taking him on.Our fans are utterly laughable as is our recruitment policies.

Strange way to look at it. Why did Dembele, Edouard, Ntcham, Julien (maybe a bit early with that one!) sign for us? They all seem pretty good.

Plenty of different reasons for transfers. This one seems to be yer man has had a tough time at Southampton after a really promising early patch in his career, hence the £16million signing. He's now at an attacking club, challenging for trophies and in Europe. Seems to be fair enough reasons why he wants to join.

Our fans are laughable at times. They piss their pants at the sheer mention of Rangers coming and refuse to believe any decent player would want to join us.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Nice to see Rangers giving Scottish players a chance :rolleyes:

I will almost sound like I am going to defend rangers here but if we are honest, every club will buy better if they can regardless of nationality. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I will almost sound like I am going to defend rangers here but if we are honest, every club will buy better if they can regardless of nationality. 

Players like Greg Taylor, John Souttar, Scott McKenna and Craig Halkett are better than some of these big money foreign signings they have made.

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Is your mates source Sky Sports and every other major UK media outlet? :lol:

no idea

I  havent watched any tv today nor checked an media outlet except the TAMB, I only trust the TAMB. 

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Players like Greg Taylor, John Souttar, Scott McKenna and Craig Halkett are better than some of these big money foreign signings they have made.

and then they'd be accused of hoovering up other club's talent. 

The only gripe I have is when they buy players from other scottish clubs and don't give them a chance.

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Rangers spending £7m. Hope Liverpool aren't scheduling that over more than a couple of seasons. 

Another average winger to add to the 9 they already have.

He was good in the league last season, granted after a dodgy start.

Average player in a below average league is ok with me.  He would be the best winger we have, if its true and I'm not convinced it is. 

9 wingers?  Name them.

1 hour ago, Emoji said:

He was good in the league last season, granted after a dodgy start.

Average player in a below average league is ok with me.  He would be the best winger we have, if its true and I'm not convinced it is. 

9 wingers?  Name them.

To be honest I always felt decking Scott Brown and taking the piss out of a gubbed Lustig made him look better than he was. He'll be an improvement of course, but for £7million I'd be after a lot more.