Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 284 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Greg Taylor signing next week allegedly for 900k. Apparently we are also going to try and tempt the sheep with a £4m offer for McKenna 🙄

Can't pretend I'm overly enthusiastic about either although someone has pointed out we are near the knuckle for home grown players for Europe. 

Would McKenna not be cup tied, as would Taylor i imagine??

3 hours ago, slasher said:

I see we're linked with Gumny (Lech Poznan) who would be a big upgrade on Lustig. However we've been linked with him for about 8 months now, so ah'll no haud ma breath. 

The report I saw mentioned a £6m price tag. Plus another Left back whose name I've forgotten. 

12 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Meling is the chap. Scored against us in one of our numerous meetings together, but Forrest has given him a tough time for the most part.

Can't say I agree with that at all. Meling showed up very well against us and I'd certainly take him ahead of Taylor. 

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Nott'm Forest want rid of Jason Cummings and he wants to come back to Scotland.

If Forest decide to rip up his contract would you be OK with your club taking a chance on Cummings ?

No. Part time player, full time walloper. 

3 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Meling is the chap. Scored against us in one of our numerous meetings together, but Forrest has given him a tough time for the most part.

Thanks for that. Couldn't remember his name at all. 

Is he worth the £6m being quoted though? 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thanks for that. Couldn't remember his name at all. 

Is he worth the £6m being quoted though? 

It's the Polish boy Gumny getting touted for £6million. By all accounts he's head interest from some big teams in Europe so might be worth it. Who knows.

Don't think I've seen a potential fee for Meling. Doubt it'll be half of what is being touted for Gumny.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Forest decide to rip up his contract would you be OK with your club taking a chance on Cummings ?

I thought he looked a cracking player when at Hibs but it seems the Scottish Championship is his level. 

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It's the Polish boy Gumny getting touted for £6million. By all accounts he's head interest from some big teams in Europe so might be worth it. Who knows.

Don't think I've seen a potential fee for Meling. Doubt it'll be half of what is being touted for Gumny.

You're right! That's what happens when you're sneakily reading the football gossip at work and your boss wanders by. 

Half the info went in and even then it was scrambled. 😁

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No. Boys a liability and anyway, he’s not fit to shine Lawrence Shankland’s forehead.   

Rangers signing Andy King on a season long loan from Leicester. I was starting to worry that they 10 players we have that can play in midfield (not counting wingers) would leave us a bit short so glad that’s been addressed. 

Surely to god there must be outgoings imminent to this bloated squad. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers signing Andy King on a season long loan from Leicester. I was starting to worry that they 10 players we have that can play in midfield (not counting wingers) would leave us a bit short so glad that’s been addressed. 

Surely to god there must be outgoings imminent to this bloated squad. 

Hope for your sake he's fit. Arrived at Derby in January, played a few games (pretty anonymous) and got injured never to be seen again.