Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 282 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 8/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, fringo said:

Didn't Leicester "only" pay £17m for Maguire 24 months ago ?

Crazy money in England every season.

And yet there's clubs like Bolton and Bury who can barely keep the lights on, as Premier League clubs inflate wages for the rest of football and hold all the commercial revenue for themselves.

Not concerned in the slightest by this, only the timing. 

He is, arguably, regressing as a player and would be fairly easily replaced. If someone is daft enough to throw several millions at the club for his services then let them fill their boots. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, Och Aye said:

McKenna hands in transfer request 

I can't see anything good coming from that even if he does get on the plane to Croatia on Wednesday.

He's one of 4 fit back four defenders (and now his commitment will be questioned). ☹️

32 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I can't see anything good coming from that even if he does get on the plane to Croatia on Wednesday.

He's one of 4 fit back four defenders (and now his commitment will be questioned). ☹️

Not sure i agree with that.  There's no way to know what is behind the transfer request.  One option is that McKenna's agent, with ulterior motive, has given out some shit advice.  McInnes will be annoyed at the timing but also the apparent breakdown in communication.  There was previously an understanding.  The other option is of course that the club turned down the QPR/Forest offers without consulting or communicating with McKenna which got his back up.  There may be other reasons....

However you look at it, McKenna is contracted to the club until 2023.  There's no reason to believe he won't be professional enough to remain fully committed until a mutually agreeable solution is found.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

By way of his focus, I mean.

Certainly he'll have lost some goodwill with the fans.

I don’t agree with that, he was always gonna leave this year or next, he’ll know the fee required and he fancied a move now that teams are circling. 

He's perfectly entitled to do that and I wouldn’t grudge him the move if the asking fee is met. 

No point keeping someone if they don’t want to be there. 

I would assume the request went in a while ago, but was kept quiet and now the agent is being a cunt, because he’s an agent. 

Good luck to Tierney, been an amazing player, got us an incredible amount of money and has went without a fuss.

Now that money should immediately be spent on another left back, a right back and a long term replacement for Brown. I suspect however this move will make a couple of folk rich and we won't see much, if any of it invested. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Is Kieran Tierney all that?

Reminds me of a young Lee Wallace. 😬

From a Scotland viewpoint I hope he proves he is all that.

At least he's moving to a club that's competing against decent opposition on a weekly basis and will probably get a decent way into the Europa League, rather than deciding to play against part-timers in the Scottish Challenge Cup...

Good move for Tierney and Celtic.  In all honesty I'm not sure how much he'll feature for Arsenal and there's question marks over his fitness but it's good to see another Scot at a top club down there and £75K a week for hims not to be sniffed at!!

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Good move for Tierney and Celtic.  In all honesty I'm not sure how much he'll feature for Arsenal and there's question marks over his fitness but it's good to see another Scot at a top club down there and £75K a week for hims not to be sniffed at!!

I think most Celtic fans would be happy for Tierney and the club..... if we had any confidence we'll spend the money 🙄

Am I the only person who thinks the Tierney deal has been for for weeks (if not months)? Announce it on deadline day so it looks like Celtic squeezed the best possible deal from Arsenal and Celtic don't play him so he doesn't get injured?