Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 281 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers are now a perfect business model.  Celtic are too.  But Rangers are showing more ambition.  That's the difference.  Check the balance sheet at Ibrox.  I have.

😂😂😂

There’s a decent chance they’ll start the season with a 36 year old loanee as their main striker.

They do have 107 wingers on the books though. 👍🏻

On 7/30/2019 at 10:18 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers are now a perfect business model.  Celtic are too.  But Rangers are showing more ambition.  That's the difference.  Check the balance sheet at Ibrox.  I have.

The last financial report shows operating losses of £13.4m (year end to June 2018), with losses of £6.6m the previous year. Last season's Europa League run would've improved that and I think Rangers' transfer policy has got better (better players on, what I'd think to be, lower wages), but I'm not sure you can say they've got the perfect business model.

21 hours ago, macy37 said:

£20m for McBurnie. The game in England is mad. Celtic should be holding out for £40m for KT. 

80m for harry maguire too. How anyone can think hes worth more than van dijk is beyond me

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

80m for harry maguire too. How anyone can think hes worth more than van dijk is beyond me

You get more real estate for your money. Have you seen the size of his heid! 😂

21 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He's not, transfer fees are inflating all the time. If VVD was to be sold now he would easily be £100m+. There is also, always, a premium paid for English players by English sides to help with European squad rules.

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He's not, transfer fees are inflating all the time. If VVD was to be sold now he would easily be £100m+. There is also, always, a premium paid for English players by English sides to help with European squad rules.

I get that but when VVD was at southampton and even celtic he was a better player than Maguire. Its only been 18 months since VVD moved from Southampton, would prices inflate that quickly?

This is down to him being english and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I get that but when VVD was at southampton and even celtic he was a better player than Maguire. Its only been 18 months since VVD moved from Southampton, would prices inflate that quickly?

He’s stepped up a level at Liverpool, he’s played in 2 European cup finals in those 18 months. I think his value will have inflated that much.

Plus there’s a premium on Harry Maguire as he’s English, there’s also the problem that everyone has so much money, nobody needs to sell. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

He’s stepped up a level at Liverpool, he’s played in 2 European cup finals in those 18 months. I think his value will have inflated that much.

Plus there’s a premium on Harry Maguire as he’s English, there’s also the problem that everyone has so much money, nobody needs to sell. 

I meant would the price of a half decent centre half like maguire inflate that quickly, I wasn't referring to VVD's price. I agree he is worth more now.

What I am trying to put across is Maguire is not as good as VVD when he was at southampton. anyone who watched VVD knew that guy was going places, he was simply too good for the scottish league and a club like southampton, can you say the same about Maguire?

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I meant would the price of a half decent centre half like maguire inflate that quickly, I wasn't referring to VVD's price. I agree he is worth more now.

What I am trying to put across is Maguire is not as good as VVD when he was at southampton. anyone who watched VVD knew that guy was going places, he was simply too good for the scottish league and a club like southampton, can you say the same about Maguire?

Definitely not. Over rated because he’s english and price inflated because he’s english, it’s s double dunt. Not to mention they’ve lost the plot down there. 😂

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Maguire is priced at the level he is because Leicester don't want or need to sell him. They have put a ridiculous price on his head to try and put clubs off buying him, but knowing if they get that for him they'll be able to replace him.

When VVD went to Liverpool I don't think anyone though he was worth what was paid for him either. None of these players are "worth" what clubs are playing for them it's just that many of these clubs just have too much money now.

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Article in the Spanish press the other day bemoning the lack of good quality centre halfs available in Europe. Made reference to an Italian coach saying the same thing. Both saying it was resulting in prices being pushed up.

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Didn't Leicester "only" pay £17m for Maguire 24 months ago ?

Crazy money in England every season.

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Listen, let’s not bullshit here, there were plenty people thought VVD wasn’t good enough when he was with us. Many are posters on here and plenty write for the media that cover our game.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Listen, let’s not bullshit here, there were plenty people thought VVD wasn’t good enough when he was with us. Many are posters on here and plenty write for the media that cover our game.

thats an exaggeration but I get what you are trying to say. 

9 hours ago, fringo said:

Didn't Leicester "only" pay £17m for Maguire 24 months ago ?

Crazy money in England every season.

Maguire has benefited from Englands successful world cup campain and the english media. 

Time will tell but I don't see him stepping up in the same way VVD has.