Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 279 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

There’s definitely shades of the David Turnbull saga in the Kieran Tierney to Arsenal story.

You could argue Peter Lawell tweeting what Celtic want and what Arsenal are offering would be a bit more open and honest than it being fed to the media to put out..

Im guessing Celtic are looking to cash in, as they’ve already signed his replacement.

I’m not convinced Tierney is world class or even close to it?

I was really impressed with him, but he reminds me more of Lee Wallace every time I see him.

Maybe as he’s been playing through injuries for Celtic and out of position for Scotland I’ve just not seen the best of him, but at one point I thought he was or could be as good as Andy Robertson....

Looks like Lafferty will be away from Rangers in the next 48 hours.  No idea where yet but Gerrard has said his departure is imminent.  Hopefully a transfer rather than a loan although we seem to be almost incapable of getting rid of players before the end of their contracts.

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a bit foggy, apparently Oxford made enquiries and were put off by the ~£250k development fee Motherwell would be due. Now he’s signed for Columbus Crew; who don’t need to pay as much (or any?) development fee (depending where you read) and been immediately loaned back to Oxford....

Be interested to see if he ever makes an appearance in the MLS?

Alrhough I had heard months ago he was interested in a move out their....

Could be an elaborate means of Oxford getting him in cheaper and there are apparently links between the two clubs...

I hope youse get yir money :ok:

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Looks like Lafferty will be away from Rangers in the next 48 hours.  No idea where yet but Gerrard has said his departure is imminent.  Hopefully a transfer rather than a loan although we seem to be almost incapable of getting rid of players before the end of their contracts.

Isn't Grezda supposed to be in talks with another club as well ?

A few Scottish Premiership clubs will be interested in Jason Holt if Rangers decide to tear up his contract.

Graham Dorrans looks like he will be one of those constantly injured guys that hangs around until his contract is up ...... and then asks for a years extension :lol:

23 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I hope youse get yir money :ok:

Isn't Grezda supposed to be in talks with another club as well ?

A few Scottish Premiership clubs will be interested in Jason Holt if Rangers decide to tear up his contract.

Graham Dorrans looks like he will be one of those constantly injured guys that hangs around until his contract is up ...... and then asks for a years extension :lol:

I really hope Grezda is in talks with someone else as he's been an absolute dud.  From time to time you'll sign someone you can see is clearly a good player but for whatever reason it just doesn't work out however he has shown no redeeming qualities on or off the pitch.  I think Holt will go but he'll be one of the ones that goes on loan for the last year before we can get him off the books and it wouldn't surprise me if Dorran's was the same.  With Wallace, McAuley, Hodson, Candieas, Rossiter, Hardie, Alnwick (loan) and Herrera (loan) already away that'll go some way to trimming the fat off the squad.  Still Dodoo and possibly Halliday to add to that list (although the latter proved himself to be a useful utility man last season) and Middleton and Hastie might go out on loan.

53 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That's mainly because they are overpaid, and no one will take them on at their present wages, so they sit tight, and happily take the money.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I thought the "Keep Ulster Protestant" section of the fans loved him ?

You need to let this bigotry go away pal.  It’s not healthy. Grow up and let all that hatred just flow away.  love your team and country. Bigotry is a bad thing my friend. Let it go.

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You need to let this bigotry go away pal.  It’s not healthy. Grow up and let all that hatred just flow away.  love your team and country. Bigotry is a bad thing my friend. Let it go.

What was bigoted about it ?

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U go on about religion a lot. Calling me this and that. I don’t do that. Behave. Ulster Protestants etc. Move up from that talk.

What's wrong with condemning oxygen thieves who spout that kind of "Keep Ulster Protestant shite ?

Do you agree with them ?

Bye Ron.

19 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U go on about religion a lot.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

How is Jesco these days Scotty?

What a total fanny.