Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 278 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Pace was never a big part of his game. Although I thought he was deceptively fast with the ball at his feet.

At Motherwell he complemented a pacy winger on the other side (Chris Humphrey) well. You tended to find if Murphy was quiet, Humphrey would tear it up or if they doubled up on Humphrey, Murphy would take advantage of the extra space on the left.

At 30, he’ll still be a better player than Hastie will ever be.

I just don't see him fitting into the team, or even the match day squad anymore. 

Time will tell. 

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

At his age, after an injury like that, I'm expecting him to be nowhere near the same player again. 

I also don't think he was that good prior to the injury. At his best I'd say he's only good enough to be a squad player. He's too slow for the style we are supposed to be playing. 

Maybe you should stick with St Mirren eh

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I see we're heavily linked with Andrea Bertolacci (AC Milan) and this Ecuador midfielder Cifuentes. Wouldn't mind both tbh but I say again..... Where's the feckin RB? 🙄

It looks like you've got one now.

Hatem Abd Elhamed - Hapoel Be'er Sheva and Israel right back.

No fee mentioned.

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I see we're heavily linked with Andrea Bertolacci (AC Milan) and this Ecuador midfielder Cifuentes. Wouldn't mind both tbh but I say again..... Where's the feckin RB? 🙄

Ajer will be the right back despite proving over the last 18 months he's our best centre half. 

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It looks like you've got one now.

Hatem Abd Elhamed - Hapoel Be'er Sheva and Israel right back.

No fee mentioned.

We can't have gone from trying to sign Piccini and Castagne to this? Elhamed can play CB as well so I'm hoping there's still a quality RB to come 🙏

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

We've still got Danny Simpson on trial. 

No thanks 🙄

Cifuentes however would be a great signing. He'd be a great partner for Brown in Europe and would also allow us to rest him more often 👍

49 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agreed.  Hopefully they have another option in mind because we are short in that area.  

I think the board had banked on Ntcham being away by now. If he's staying I don't see us spending much more. Maybe one permanent signing and a loan...... one of which surely tae fuck will be a RB! 

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

I think the board had banked on Ntcham being away by now. If he's staying I don't see us spending much more. Maybe one permanent signing and a loan...... one of which surely tae fuck will be a RB! 

Tierney at right back could work imo 

18 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Daily Record saying Stevie May is on his way back to St Johnstone on a 3 year contract after agreeing his release from Aberdeen.

United were linked with him, thank fuck he is heading back to Saints. Utter shite. 

2 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

He will be back soon..... Just like Ashley will be knocking on the door for his retail money... What's your thoughts on that??? 

I think it’s an utter fucking shambles but then things were going too well so we were probably due a reality check. I won’t get too wound up on what any liabilities might be till I here the actual figures though. The tabloids and forums etc have a tend to sensationalise these things as we know. I’ll admit it doesn’t look good though. 

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What's the story with Chris Cadden's move to Columbus Crew (though loaned to Oxford for next season) and Motherwell's fee ?

Are they getting him for nothing ?

It’s a bit foggy, apparently Oxford made enquiries and were put off by the ~£250k development fee Motherwell would be due. Now he’s signed for Columbus Crew; who don’t need to pay as much (or any?) development fee (depending where you read) and been immediately loaned back to Oxford....

Be interested to see if he ever makes an appearance in the MLS?

Alrhough I had heard months ago he was interested in a move out their....

Could be an elaborate means of Oxford getting him in cheaper and there are apparently links between the two clubs...

Edited by sbcmfc