Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 274 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Man U in for £50m for a 21 year old that’s played 13 games for wait for it, Newcastle United.

I really hope the English game dies. 

Sean Longstaff.

There was a newspaper story last year that he was eligible for Scotland but it wasn't confirmed if he truly was.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Man U in for £50m for a 21 year old that’s played 13 games for wait for it, Newcastle United.

Do you think Ashley will rage the money?

😂

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Is that the boy who was on loan at Killie a couple of years ago?

If so, I hadn't even realised he'd been there until I googled his name the other week.

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

The Leeds semi game was absolutely presented to him by Cooper and our joke keeper. If they’d survived to half time Leeds would have beaten Derby with ease. They capitulated thereafter.

He had to bring Marriott on for Bennett and got lucky with the keeper making a mess of it. 

I sat through the 1st leg bored to tears at the ineptitude of the tactics. 

Again, in the final, he keeps Marriott on the bench and lets Villa dictate play until its too late. 

On 7/4/2019 at 9:02 AM, The Black Bra said:

From a Scotland point of view what would be better, Arsenal or Napoli? Wherever he goes (I’d he goes) would be handy if they converted him into a centre half....

It sounds like Arsenal aren't willing to hit the asking price but are willing to weight any deal with a couple of loans. 

Napoli are in for Icardi and James so I'd guess would have to sell to buy Tierney as well. I suspect this will rumble on for a while yet 🙄

57 minutes ago, slasher said:

It sounds like Arsenal aren't willing to hit the asking price but are willing to weight any deal with a couple of loans. 

Napoli are in for Icardi and James so I'd guess would have to sell to buy Tierney as well. I suspect this will rumble on for a while yet 🙄

Maybe someone could take him on loan for a season and then decide if they want him?

😜

(kidding aside, napoli could use a deal like that to circumvent FFP...)

On 7/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

£150k signing on fee I was told yesterday by somebody who knows him.

Not saying your wrong but thats about the 300th figure Ive read about Shankalnd. Almost overnight, half of the city of Dundee appear to have become Lawrence Shankland’s accountant. 🙈

3 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Not saying your wrong but thats about the 300th figure Ive read about Shankalnd. Almost overnight, half of the city of Dundee appear to have become Lawrence Shankland’s accountant. 🙈

Everyone in the know knows that it’s 200k signing on fee, and 3k a week. Rumours eh..

55 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Maybe someone could take him on loan for a season and then decide if they want him?

😜

(kidding aside, napoli could use a deal like that to circumvent FFP...)

We kind of hold all the cards here. The player is not agitating to go, he's on a long term deal and financially we've no need to sell unless someone hits the magic number. 

My gut feeling is he'll stay 👍

54 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Surprised shankland couldn't find an spl club or league 1 club in England. Playing another season in the Scottish championship can't be good for his career, he should be moving up levels based on his goal tally last season.

The SPL doesn't exist. And hasn't for years.

The only clubs in the Scottish Premiership he'd likely have had much of a chance of game time at will all be easily blown out of the water financially by Utd too.

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

The SPL doesn't exist. And hasn't for years.

The only clubs in the Scottish Premiership he'd likely have had much of a chance of game time at will all be easily blown out of the water financially by Utd too.

I think he would of had a chance with hibs or hearts or maybe even back with Aberdeen. English league 1 clubs could also of offered decent money as well. It's just disappointing to see a player who should be moving onwards with his career staying at the dreadfully low standard that is the Scottish championship.And who gives a shit about what it's called, spl or premiership or whatever. You knew what I meant.

Edited by mccaughey85

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think he would of had a chance with hibs or hearts or maybe even back with Aberdeen. English league 1 clubs could also of offered decent money as well. It's just disappointing to see a player who should be moving onwards with his career staying at the dreadfully low standard that is the Scottish championship.And who gives a shit about what it's called, spl or premiership or whatever. You knew what I meant.

He’s found his level. 

Close thread. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

He’s found his level. 

Close thread. 

Lol I take it you support Aberdeen, perhaps you can post me the goal record of Cosgrove, Wilson, may or hedges. I can guarantee you those players have not scored more than 60 goals between them in their entire careers. Hedges for example scored 4 goals in 59 appearances for Barnsley. I guess shankland is below Aberdeen with his 60 plus goals in 70 odd games. Better playing guys who cannot hit a banjo door.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol I take it you support Aberdeen, perhaps you can post me the goal record of Cosgrove, Wilson, may or hedges. I can guarantee you those players have not scored more than 60 goals between them in their entire careers. Hedges for example scored 4 goals in 59 appearances for Barnsley. I guess shankland is below Aberdeen with his 60 plus goals in 70 odd games. Better playing guys who cannot hit a banjo door.

Maybe the bigger clubs further up the leagues looked at the fact he’s scored 6 goals since Christmas and thought that the first half of the season was a purple patch from a guy who is about to turn 24 years old and already failed to make the grade in scotland’s top division once?

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Shankland scored 0 goals in 17 appearances when he played for Aberdeen. Kinda blows your theory away. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Shankland scored 0 goals in 17 appearances when he played for Aberdeen. Kinda blows your theory away. 

He has scored more in his career than all the Aberdeen strikers put together, how's that for a theory. But instead you will want Wilson and hedges, guys who haven't scored goals in their whole careers.

51 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He has scored more in his career (in the lower leagues of Scottish football) than all the Aberdeen strikers put together, how's that for a theory. But instead you will want Wilson and hedges, guys who haven't scored goals in their whole careers.

Fixed a part of it for you, I can’t recall saying I wanted Wilson or Hedges, can you show me where I stayed this please?

I just know I don’t want someone who has been linked to a lot of moves, but ended up with a team in the same division. Don’t you think that it tells you something?

He has been linked to Aberdeen, hearts, Rangers, Sunderland amongst others, but none of them thought it would be worthwhile to take a chance on him, I assume you think you know better than all of these scouting teams put together?

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Fixed a part of it for you, I can’t recall saying I wanted Wilson or Hedges, can you show me where I stayed this please?

I just know I don’t want someone who has been linked to a lot of moves, but ended up with a team in the same division. Don’t you think that it tells you something?

He has been linked to Aberdeen, hearts, Rangers, Sunderland amongst others, but none of them thought it would be worthwhile to take a chance on him, I assume you think you know better than all of these scouting teams put together?

Hedges also isn't a striker.

Other than one season playing for a full-time club in a part-time league, and then the first half of this season, Shankland hasn't really done much.

He didn't exactly do anything when loaned out by Aberdeen either.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but haven't seen any posts from PARKLIFE for a while. Is he still on here or did he quit it? Anyone know?

Was thinking the same myself. Maybe he's finally found the love of his life?

Also the current talk about Stevie May reminds me that Ormond in his various guises has vanished too. Met him in Kazakhstan and he's a smashing bloke.

It would be sad if they are lost to the board. They've been two of the better posters round here for the last couple of years.