Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 273 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

Lamps in at Chelsea, sky having to rename Frank Lampards derby to eh.......... Derby,

Steven Gerrards Rangers safe at present

I really can’t work this one out. Wtf has he done to get him that job? His Derby were not a good side and were gifted into the play off final where they were comfortably beaten. 

32 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I really can’t work this one out. Wtf has he done to get him that job? His Derby were not a good side and were gifted into the play off final where they were comfortably beaten. 

Jody Morris would be better getting the job given all the chat of his previous work with the kids, given the transfer embargo.

Purely based on his playing career and the status that has given him.

I don’t even know who the Sheffield United manager is off the top of my head. and he got automatic promotion.

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

His brother is being linked with a loan move to Portsmouth with an option to buy also involved.

Odd seeing as he was the next “wonder kid” not long ago.

Im very surprised his brother hasn’t secured a spot at a better team than QOTS. 

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

I think none of the top managers would have touched that job with the transfer embargo.

He only got the job cos he is cheap, satisfies the 'hero status' and he knows it is his only chance to get near that level of club.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Odd seeing as he was the next “wonder kid” not long ago.

Im very surprised his brother hasn’t secured a spot at a better team than QOTS. 

I think Ross McCrorie is a cracking player in the holding midfield roll (he's shocking at CH).  I'd play him ahead of Jack but Gerrard seems to really rate Jack (who to be fair played well last season) so I don't see him getting much game time.  I'd hope this is just a loan to further his development with a view to integrating him in to the side for next season.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think Ross McCrorie is a cracking player in the holding midfield roll (he's shocking at CH).  I'd play him ahead of Jack but Gerrard seems to really rate Jack (who to be fair played well last season) so I don't see him getting much game time.  I'd hope this is just a loan to further his development with a view to integrating him in to the side for next season.

Seems it is a loan with option to buy.

17 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Jody Morris would be better getting the job given all the chat of his previous work with the kids, given the transfer embargo.

Purely based on his playing career and the status that has given him.

I don’t even know who the Sheffield United manager is off the top of my head. and he got automatic promotion.

Despite being something of a head case as a young player Morris seems to have developed into a very well-regarded coach.  It's somewhat ironic as he was punted as a player because he was considered to be a bad off the field influence on Lampard and Terry.   He's probably better suited to being the first team coach and assistant manager though, certainly at a club with such a high profile as Chelsea.

i get the impression that it was only a matter of time before Lampard became Chelsea manager but I was expecting that he'd have at least another season at Derby but I guess now is the time.   

Obviously Lampard will be well known to the club from his time as a player but he also worked coaching the youth teams whole he was doing his badges.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Despite being something of a head case as a young player Morris seems to have developed into a very well-regarded coach.  It's somewhat ironic as he was punted as a player because he was considered to be a bad off the field influence on Lampard and Terry.   He's probably better suited to being the first team coach and assistant manager though, certainly at a club with such a high profile as Chelsea.

i get the impression that it was only a matter of time before Lampard became Chelsea manager but I was expecting that he'd have at least another season at Derby but I guess now is the time.   

Obviously Lampard will be well known to the club from his time as a player but he also worked coaching the youth teams whole he was doing his badges.

Morris remains good friends with McInnes. Presumably, this is from their St Johnstone days. I think that’s one of the reasons we got Lowe on loan last season. Now hoping for some Chelsea cast offs/loanees (of which there are no shortage)......

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Morris remains good friends with McInnes. Presumably, this is from their St Johnstone days. I think that’s one of the reasons we got Lowe on loan last season. Now hoping for some Chelsea cast offs/loanees (of which there are no shortage)......

Islam Feruz is on his way.  Who knows, maybe one day ...

21 hours ago, macy37 said:

The media love in with Lampard managed to gloss over the fact he did no worse or better than Rowett. 

He basically lived off that 4 2 win over Leeds where he got lucky with injuries in the game and it forced his hand. 

When things are going well he's a media dream, but mid season when they struggled and he came under scrutiny he was nowhere to be seen. 

He's got some serious PR people behind him.

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Derby fans reckon they are 1st on that list. 

1 hour ago, Dairbee said:

The media love in with Lampard managed to gloss over the fact he did no worse or better than Rowett. 

He basically lived off that 4 2 win over Leeds where he got lucky with injuries in the game and it forced his hand. 

When things are going well he's a media dream, but mid season when they struggled and he came under scrutiny he was nowhere to be seen. 

He's got some serious PR people behind him.

The Leeds semi game was absolutely presented to him by Cooper and our joke keeper. If they’d survived to half time Leeds would have beaten Derby with ease. They capitulated thereafter.