Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 271 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Interesting that Celtic have signed a young midfielder from Bolton. 

I wonder if he was the 2nd choice on the list after Turnbull? 

I've no idea if he's any good or not but he hasn't had much 1st team football and last season was his breakthrough, albeit when Bolton were being relegated. 

I wonder if he's heading back out on loan? 

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I've no idea if he's any good or not but he hasn't had much 1st team football and last season was his breakthrough, albeit when Bolton were being relegated. 

Luca Connel. 18 year old ROI midfielder on a 4 year deal. Celtic and Co. No fuckin around this transfer window. We mean business.🤣

34 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No, he was always on the radar even before Turnbull. Picked up for potential and cheap, not the same category of player Turnbull would fit into. 

53 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

No, he was always on the radar even before Turnbull. Picked up for potential and cheap, not the same category of player Turnbull would fit into. 

Cheers. As I said I know heehaw about the lad so was guessing. 👍

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have any of the tabloids referred to him as a 'wunderkid' yet?

36 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Have any of the tabloids referred to him as a 'wunderkid' yet?

Not that I've seen but I don't read the tabloid chip wrappers. 

And to be honest I don't read the broadsheet underlay either. 

Newspapers are no longer relevant. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not that I've seen but I don't read the tabloid chip wrappers. 

And to be honest I don't read the broadsheet underlay either. 

Newspapers are no longer relevant. 

Very true!

Maybe someone else will know the answer to my original query.

According to the Sun..... Man Utd in for McGinn at.......  £50 million

Hibees and St Mirren fans gettingvthe calculators out!😀

fond memories of Aberdeen fans on here saying Jack was far the better player to McGinn.

22 hours ago, giblet said:

fond memories of Aberdeen fans on here saying Jack was far the better player to McGinn.

£50m? If Villa get that for him they need jailed for rape.

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Would sum up the absolutely mental state of English football quite nicely.

I think it was Alan Sugar that said that English football suffers from the 'prune juice effect' - basically the more money they get, the more they'll spend on players and their wages (ie. straight in, straight out).

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, giblet said:

Why would St Mirren be interested? Surely they got their sell on when he went to Villa?

9 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

I think it was Alan Sugar that said that English football suffers from the 'prune juice effect' - basically the more money they get, the more they'll spend on players and their wages (ie. straight in, straight out).

Whilst I agree with that, there is still an element of inflating transfer values when an English club bids as everyone knows the Premiership clubs have more money than funny. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why would St Mirren be interested? Surely they got their sell on when he went to Villa?

I guess would depend on what was in contract - maybe development fee @ 5%

When Sone ALuko went to Reading for 7 Million there was word of aberdeen being due a share of this for development - I did look into it quite deeply at the time 

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There's also a solidarity payment - https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players-2018-2925437.pdf?cloudid=c83ynehmkp62h5vgwg9g [page 72].

Without knowing exactly when he joined St Mirren as a youngster, I can't say the exact percentage of the transfer fee that would go to St Mirren - but it would be at least 1.5% (or £750,000 for £50m). If he joined St Mirren before he was 12, they would receive 3.5% (or £1.75m).

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Poorless laughing at the thick delusional Geordies. They lap up Rafa and blame fat Mike for everything then off goes Rafa chasing the pounds. 

Bit like Rodgers when he departed fae paradise 😜

11 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

There's also a solidarity payment - https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players-2018-2925437.pdf?cloudid=c83ynehmkp62h5vgwg9g [page 72].

Without knowing exactly when he joined St Mirren as a youngster, I can't say the exact percentage of the transfer fee that would go to St Mirren - but it would be at least 1.5% (or £750,000 for £50m). If he joined St Mirren before he was 12, they would receive 3.5% (or £1.75m).

If this did happen ( big if as it’s probably Scottish Sun talking bollocks) I’m reliably informed that Saints would receive £3m.

That would mean that the 2 biggest transfer fees that Saints have ever received in their history would be for the same player who no longer played for us.

£1m when he went from Hibs to Villa, then this IF it happened, it’s a strange old game, but well done to our previous chairman Stewart Gilmour for the sell on contract clauses. 

22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Tom Rogic linked with moved away from Celtic.

Not a bad player on his day but he is frequently out injured. 

Get him sold. The cunt can’t play a full game. Basically he’s a part time employee.

7 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Apparently Dylan McGeouch has turned Aberdeen down, but James Wilson has agreed a permanent deal.

Reports suggest Wilson will be confirmed on a 2 year deal this morning. There’s a player in there, hopefully he stops shooting from 40 yards every week to try and impress everyone now.