Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 266 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great to see Rangers getting a mention in this saga.  When have Rangers done this please?  Answers on a pile.

The Huns have been using their rent boys in the media for years, don't kid yourself. 

On 6/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, sbcmfc said:

Celtic have the newspapers to put across their narrative, Motherwell go direct to the fans, as some of the media don’t even send someone to our pressers unless we are playing the OF, let alone do our dirty work for us.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-16447366

😂

I agree with Slasher that neither side has really done well on this matter but in this instance but, as Motherwell did, Celtic have also gone direct to the fans with the Twitter statement. 

It is unusual but, again as Slasher said, while it sounds like a teenager who’s just been papped off a burd be fancies, I do think it’s been done too try and ward off likely criticism by the fans of the deal not happening.

Celtic feel they have offered fair terms, from other stories it seems the Turnbull side thinks that doesn’t represent terms which would guarantee him as a first choice pick. Which, IMO, is a wee naive. What money you get at Celtic and your transfer fee doesn’t really indicate how likely you are to start. That’s been shown this season alone with Sinclair and Ntcham, about £6-7m worth of fees and probably both near the top of the pay scale, being benched for the likes of Johnston and Henderson at times. If Turnbull, or his agent, thinks that a certain salary equates to a guaranteed start then they are both in the wrong game. 

39 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I agree with Slasher that neither side has really done well on this matter but in this instance but, as Motherwell did, Celtic have also gone direct to the fans with the Twitter statement. 

It is unusual but, again as Slasher said, while it sounds like a teenager who’s just been papped off a burd be fancies, I do think it’s been done too try and ward off likely criticism by the fans of the deal not happening.

Celtic feel they have offered fair terms, from other stories it seems the Turnbull side thinks that doesn’t represent terms which would guarantee him as a first choice pick. Which, IMO, is a wee naive. What money you get at Celtic and your transfer fee doesn’t really indicate how likely you are to start. That’s been shown this season alone with Sinclair and Ntcham, about £6-7m worth of fees and probably both near the top of the pay scale, being benched for the likes of Johnston and Henderson at times. If Turnbull, or his agent, thinks that a certain salary equates to a guaranteed start then they are both in the wrong game. 

Aye, I don’t think it’s a monetary thing, certainly not from Turnbull's point of view, probably is from the agent mind you.

There’s no guarantee of first team football anywhere, but Celtic are reasonably strong in that area of the park.

I suppose if he’s not being offered the going rate for a first team player, it might indicate he’s not considered a first team signing, although as you say they could pay him whatever he wants and still have him in the reserves.

Celtic are shit scared of another John McGinn style saga, which Turnbull’s agent will be fully aware of, but I’d say their statement makes it very difficult for him to sign. They’ll look very weak if they back track and offer more.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Paul Coutts is available on a free transfer.

I reckon he'd be a good signing for some Scottish Premiership clubs. He does turn thirty one next month though, so not "one for the future".

Coutts seems to think he's got "another three years" left in England before "coming home". As ever, all depends what level he wants to play at our how much money he wants to make.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Interesting the tabloid angle is “Celtic walk away from Turnbull deal” rather than “Turnbull snubs Celtic”...

😂

Maybe see him in C&A again after all...

It's almost like the old firm have friends in the tabloids 🤣🤣🤣

The meltdown from Celtic fans on the Clyde 1 phone in over Turnbull has been hilarious this week:-

"He's dead to us now".

"He should be sine died by Celtic".

"No longer welcome at Celtic Park".

"Jesus Christ I'd love to get offered what Celtic were going to give him".

Edited by Toepoke

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

We're going to have more wingers than central midfielders at this point, and that's saying something!  That's 7 at my last count (if Kent comes back which seems to be quite advanced).

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We're going to have more wingers than central midfielders at this point, and that's saying something!  That's 7 at my last count (if Kent comes back which seems to be quite advanced).

Aren't Middleton and Hastie supposed to be getting loaned out to English teams ?

25 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aren't Middleton and Hastie supposed to be getting loaned out to English teams ?

That's what the press have said but not seen anything confirmed yet.  Still leaves us 5 for 2 spots which seems a bit top heavy.  Mind you I wouldn't be surprised to see Grezda leave in some shape or form.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers scattergun recruitment is almost as bizarre as ours. We desperately need a RB and CB...... so let's go out and get an attacking midfielder!  (or not as the case may be) 😂

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Rangers scattergun recruitment is almost as bizarre as ours. We desperately need a RB and CB...... so let's go out and get an attacking midfielder!  (or not as the case may be) 😂

We need a CB and LB so we've signed 3 wingers and 2 CM!!