Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 265 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 hours ago, slasher said:

They've gone to the media from the first bids. If that's how they want to go about it up to them, but it can backfire and its not the way I would want to see Celtic conduct future business. 

Listen m8, if you're advocating we chuck £25k p/w and £3.2m at a promising kid who's had 6 good months you're a bigger fuckin dunce than anyone running Celtic's affairs. 

If by that you mean they have posted an account of why the deal has broken down you are correct. As far as I hear the deal isn't dead yet but personally I think we should withdraw the offer now and move on 👍

If he wants £25k a week then you walk away, you don't tweet like a teenage boy going through puberty after getting patched at the school disco. This is entirely symptomatic of where we are right now and it all stems from appointing that cretin Lennon, we're an embarrassment.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic’s statement reads a bit “who do you think you are? We were too good for you anyway....”

In fact it’s exactly the sort of shite that I’d expect from Ibrox.

I doubt he’s looking for £25k a week either.

Great to see Rangers getting a mention in this saga.  When have Rangers done this please?  Answers on a pile.

13 hours ago, slasher said:

Big Pedro will be getting it tight again. If the boys reps think he can get near £25k p/w down at Barnsley or wherever fair play to them. Whether they'll be willing to match the offer to Motherwell is another matter. I really don't see why we felt the need to comment. If Motherwell want to do their business through the media that's up them 👍

I wonder who ran to the mhedia to tell folk 'he's been offered 10k a week, and that's more than oor Virgil was on' ya brass-necked fucktard

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Rumours abound that Hibs are getting some new investment. Speculation it’s those weird Barclay Brothers.  

Haven’t seen anything in the media, that would be really funny.

28 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I wonder who ran to the mhedia to tell folk 'he's been offered 10k a week, and that's more than oor Virgil was on' ya brass-necked fucktard

You've just quoted me saying we shouldn't have done that ya feckin eejit 🙄

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic’s statement reads a bit “who do you think you are? We were too good for you anyway....”

In fact it’s exactly the sort of shite that I’d expect from Ibrox.

I doubt he’s looking for £25k a week either.

I don't know the exact figures, I doubt many people really do. What I have been told is that his reps have asked for around double what was on offer. 

1 minute ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

'If Motherwell want to do their business through the media thats up to them'...

...you support a club who do everything through the media...well maybe not 'everything'

Motherwell have went public on every stage of the process. Even to the point Burrows was spunking his load about the 'transformational effect' the transfer fee from Celtic would have on the club. Common sense tells you to wait until the deal is done I would say. It's the way most other clubs go about it. 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Motherwell have went public on every stage of the process. Even to the point Burrows was spunking his load about the 'transformational effect' the transfer fee from Celtic would have on the club. Common sense tells you to wait until the deal is done I would say. It's the way most other clubs go about it. 

...'most other clubs' but not the Cellic.

except it seems that the actually do, ya hypocrite 

2 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

...'most other clubs' but not the Cellic.

except it seems that the actually do, ya hypocrite 

Celtic’s tweet last night was their first on the matter. As I've already said we shouldn't have commented. We should withdraw the offer and let his agents get on with touting him around down south. Anyway, I would have thought that the likes of you would be delighted he's not going to Celtic! 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Celtic’s tweet last night was their first on the matter. As I've already said we shouldn't have commented. We should withdraw the offer and let his agents get on with touting him around down south. Anyway, I would have thought that the likes of you would be delighted he's not going to Celtic! 

Celtic have lap dogs in the media who do their dirty work for them.

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm more than delighted that he's not signing for that shower of cunts, yes

It’s weird after the record telling us last week Turnbull had told pals he was desperate to sign for Celtic....

:lol:

It’s maybe a bit unusual, but Turnbull isn’t a Celtic fan whose boyhood dream was to pull on the hoops.

He will sign for Celtic if it’s the best thing for his career and/or bank balance. Celtic mean no more to him than Barnsley or Birmingham city. So Celtic’s whole “you had your chance, we won’t ask twice” tantrum is pathetic.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s weird after the record telling us last week Turnbull had told pals he was desperate to sign for Celtic....

:lol:

It’s maybe a bit unusual, but Turnbull isn’t a Celtic fan whose boyhood dream was to pull on the hoops.

He will sign for Celtic if it’s the best thing for his career and/or bank balance. Celtic mean no more to him than Barnsley or Birmingham city. So Celtic’s whole “you had your chance, we won’t ask twice” tantrum is pathetic.

The record lifted some unsubstantiated pish from social media as they do. You're head of communications then had his own 'tantrum' about it. As far as I can see you're saying its great that Motherwell are keeping the fans informed every step of the way but Celtic are having a tantrum by informing fans of where the deal is now? 

Who Turnbull supports is irrelevant to me and most other Celtic fans. The boy has an offer.... he can either take it or leave it 👍

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

The record lifted some unsubstantiated pish from social media as they do. You're head of communications then had his own 'tantrum' about it. As far as I can see you're saying its great that Motherwell are keeping the fans informed every step of the way but Celtic are having a tantrum by informing fans of where the deal is now? 

Who Turnbull supports is irrelevant to me and most other Celtic fans. The boy has an offer.... he can either take it or leave it 👍

The statement reads like some of the bitter reactionary nonsense that comes out of Ibrox. As others have said, it’s like a teenage boy that’s been rejected at the school disco.

It’s not keeping people informed, it’s either a tantrum or an attempt at grandstanding.

The point about the team he supports is to do with the sense of entitlement, like he should be grateful to have a “magnificent” offer on the table from Celtic.

A simple “we met the demands of the club, but have failed to agree terms with the player” would surely have sufficed.

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The statement reads like some of the bitter reactionary nonsense that comes out of Ibrox. As others have said, it’s like a teenage boy that’s been rejected at the school disco.

It’s not keeping people informed, it’s either a tantrum or an attempt at grandstanding.

The point about the team he supports is to do with the sense of entitlement, like he should be grateful to have a “magnificent” offer on the table from Celtic.

A simple “we met the demands of the club, but have failed to agree terms with the player” would surely have sufficed.

I kind of agree on the statement and I've already said we shouldn't have said anything. I think you'll find it's been done more to head off likely critticism of our CEO from Celtic fans than anything else. You've taken a bit of a quantum leap on the sense of entitlement stuff though. Celtic can hardly be held responsible for the Record reporting social media pish as fact and Grant Russell rushing to correct it. 

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

Really them Tory bastards  ?

I’m hoping it’s as the thread states “Delusional Pish”.😀

Sir Tom Farmer is in poor health these days, can see him and his family wanting his share away to somewhere he agrees with though.

The sense of entitlement also applies for the statement, but yes can’t blame the club for the tabloid reporting as though he’s a lifelong Celtic fan.

Remember Celtic’s starting bid was £1.2 million, the offer accepted  was reportedly worth almost triple that.

If that’s how they conduct business, I certainly wouldn’t be taking their 1st offer either.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The sense of entitlement also applies for the statement, but yes can’t blame the club for the tabloid reporting as though he’s a lifelong Celtic fan.

Remember Celtic’s starting bid was £1.2 million, the offer accepted  was reportedly worth almost triple that.

If that’s how they conduct business, I certainly wouldn’t be taking their 1st offer either.

I'm not particularly impressed by how either club has conducted this but it'll be interesting to see where it goes now. We should be prioritising areas of the team that have been a concern for the best part of 3 years now imo

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Did they same with McGinn, Celtic counted on his support though for them.  They actually matched Villa’s offer in the end but clearly they couldn’t match the individual demands.  

3 hours ago, slasher said:

I found the way Burrows has dealt with this from start as being very, very strange.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I found the way Burrows has dealt with this from start as being very, very strange.

Not really. He does his best to be open and honest with the fans, who after all own the club.

If the 1st we got wind of it was him on the back page of the Daily record holding up a Celtic shirt (stephen Pearson), Burrows would take absolute pelters.

He’s responded to speculation and dismissed some of people’s worries, ie. Turnbull would be sold on the cheap to the first half decent bid.

Celtic have the newspapers to put across their narrative, Motherwell go direct to the fans, as some of the media don’t even send someone to our pressers unless we are playing the OF, let alone do our dirty work for us.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-16447366

😂