Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 264 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

36 minutes ago, stocky said:

it used to be Kilmarnock that got the guys who were no longer any use for Rangers  (McCoist,Durrant etc)  Now it seems the other way around... 😉 

Exactly. Admittedly Stewart was good for Killie but pish for Aberdeen, twice. 

Jones is a gamble. He's quick but is he clever enough to use that? 

As has been said it seems like quantity over quality. 

Apparently we are in for another Liverpool youngster on loan. Probably means Kent is not going to be back. 

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Noooooooooooo😣. That rat faced prick BR can fuck off...

What, he should fk off because Celtic have got important matches against Livingston, st mirren and Hamilton next season? Not to mention those close battles he'll have against some seasoned English league 1/championship level midfielders. The leagues virtually won already next season and at least 1 cup and lets face it probably another treble.

But no it'll be a disaster if mcgregor leaves.

28 minutes ago, JECK said:

What, he should fk off because Celtic have got important matches against Livingston, st mirren and Hamilton next season? Not to mention those close battles he'll have against some seasoned English league 1/championship level midfielders. The leagues virtually won already next season and at least 1 cup and lets face it probably another treble.

But no it'll be a disaster if mcgregor leaves.

Aye ok. Did you forget we have CL qualifiers, European football. McGregor is the replacement for Broony. It's all about opinions, you are entitled fella. 

I see Celtic have tweeted about not being to reach an agreement with Turbull’s agent (specifically says the agent and not the player). Seems an unusual move. Obviously done to try and pressure the agent/player in to accepting the offer but not something you see clubs going public with usually. 

20 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I see Celtic have tweeted about not being to reach an agreement with Turbull’s agent (specifically says the agent and not the player). Seems an unusual move. Obviously done to try and pressure the agent/player in to accepting the offer but not something you see clubs going public with usually. 

We are an absolute embarrassment, it reads like the update of a 16 year old on Facebook after being spurned by a girl.

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Big Pedro will be getting it tight again. If the boys reps think he can get near £25k p/w down at Barnsley or wherever fair play to them. Whether they'll be willing to match the offer to Motherwell is another matter. I really don't see why we felt the need to comment. If Motherwell want to do their business through the media that's up them 👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Big Pedro will be getting it tight again. If the boys reps think he can get near £25k p/w down at Barnsley or wherever fair play to them. Whether they'll be willing to match the offer to Motherwell is another matter. I really don't see why we felt the need to comment. If Motherwell want to do their business through the media that's up them 👍

What did Motherwell say to the media? Haven’t been following it at all. 

As far as I know Turnbull isn’t even in the country, he’s in Magaluf (not with Ross McCormack!)

Motherwell were very public about having accepted an offer, which may have been a klaxon for any other interested parties.

Agents are the worst cunts though! 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

What did Motherwell say to the media? Haven’t been following it at all. 

They've gone to the media from the first bids. If that's how they want to go about it up to them, but it can backfire and its not the way I would want to see Celtic conduct future business. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Exactly, Motherwell have done nothing wrong, we are run by complete dunces.

Listen m8, if you're advocating we chuck £25k p/w and £3.2m at a promising kid who's had 6 good months you're a bigger fuckin dunce than anyone running Celtic's affairs. 

2 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Nothing. Celtic ran to the media greetin 

If by that you mean they have posted an account of why the deal has broken down you are correct. As far as I hear the deal isn't dead yet but personally I think we should withdraw the offer now and move on 👍

Celtic’s statement reads a bit “who do you think you are? We were too good for you anyway....”

In fact it’s exactly the sort of shite that I’d expect from Ibrox.

I doubt he’s looking for £25k a week either.

20 minutes ago, slasher said:

They've gone to the media from the first bids. If that's how they want to go about it up to them, but it can backfire and its not the way I would want to see Celtic conduct future business. 

Listen m8, if you're advocating we chuck £25k p/w and £3.2m at a promising kid who's had 6 good months you're a bigger fuckin dunce than anyone running Celtic's affairs. 

If by that you mean they have posted an account of why the deal has broken down you are correct. As far as I hear the deal isn't dead yet but personally I think we should withdraw the offer now and move on 👍

Every club will go to the media when a bid comes in, I'm sure there are examples of Celtic doing the same. It's usually to alert other clubs of the bid. Nothing wrong with motherwells actions in this instance.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Every club will go to the media when a bid comes in, I'm sure there are examples of Celtic doing the same. It's usually to alert other clubs of the bid. Nothing wrong with motherwells actions in this instance.

If the first Motherwell fans; who have just renewed their season tickets, knew of this transfer was Turnbull getting paraded at parkhead their would’ve been outcry from the Motherwell support. For obvious reasons Celtic is the last place we want him to go.

I think there is an element of alerting others, but also starting the process of letting the fans down gently.

It’s great our CEO will engage with fans, he’s genuinely one of us.

27 minutes ago, Rohan said:

How good is Turnbull anyway? Obviously the lad has potential its just not like celtic spending that kinda money on a player in Scotland

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player at fir park who was so effortlessly good.

He’s not got the magic you got from McFadden, but he’s far more consistent and is involved in everything.

He’s stood out at every age group since he was about 8 as something special.

From 2009:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/wishaw-wonder-kid-david-signs-2611635

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player at fir park who was so effortlessly good.

He’s not got the magic you got from McFadden, but he’s far more consistent and is involved in everything.

He’s stood out at every age group since he was about 8 as something special.

From 2009:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/wishaw-wonder-kid-david-signs-2611635

Yep. Can't compare with McFadden but when they were same age I'd take Turnbull in my team every time.