Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 261 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Liam Kelly has activated a release clause in his contract. Celtic and QPR are supposed to be keen on him.

So that's Livi lost Declan Gallagher to Motherwell, Craig Halkett to Hearts and now possibly Liam Kelly. They were three key players for them, next season will be tough without them.

Will their manager even still be there or at Rugby Park instead ?

For those interested, the players Celtic are looking at according to those leaked papers are:

James Justin - Luton

Reece James - Chelsea (scrawled over - probably a no go)

Tommy Smith - Huddersfield

Mathias Jørgensen (a.k.a Zanka) - Huddersfield

Fikayo Tomori - Chelsea

Romain Perraud - OGC Nice 

Joe Aribo - Charlton

Rekeem Harper - West Brom

Scott McTominay - Manchester Utd (another scrawled over - probably a no go)

Brandon Barker - Manchester City

Neal Maupay - Brentford

Lys Mousset - AFC Bournemouth

They also reveal Celtic don't seem that that keen on keeping Olivier Ntcham, they are willing to consider offers for him.

Read them here

I don't know enough really to comment on Celtic generally, but that seems a strange shopping list of players. With the exception of McTominay who is obviously a top-class player (usually anyway) the only ones I know of with any real proven experience are our two & Maupay. Tommy Smith isn't the most gifted of players at the top level but is decent enough & generally seen as a good bloke to have around a dressing room. Zanka - can be brilliant, can be dire & often moody by all accounts. I'd have Neal Maupay in a heartbeat - although not hugely experienced, he's shown he can score regularly against decent sides.

The rest as far as I can tell barely seem to have much more than a handful of loan games in the lower divisions between them.

57 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I don't know enough really to comment on Celtic generally, but that seems a strange shopping list of players. With the exception of McTominay who is obviously a top-class player (usually anyway) the only ones I know of with any real proven experience are our two & Maupay. Tommy Smith isn't the most gifted of players at the top level but is decent enough & generally seen as a good bloke to have around a dressing room. Zanka - can be brilliant, can be dire & often moody by all accounts. I'd have Neal Maupay in a heartbeat - although not hugely experienced, he's shown he can score regularly against decent sides.

The rest as far as I can tell barely seem to have much more than a handful of loan games in the lower divisions between them.

I’d say that’s the market Celtic are in. They are looking for a rough diamond or a late developer that’s slipped under the radar. They can sell them VVD, Dembele, Armstrong etc. It’s a good model, Motherwell are doing that at national league level, combined with a good crop of our own kids.

Only chance of Celtic signing someone from a top league is on loan or if they don’t want/need the player.

Some of the headlines the Daily Record are putting out about Rangers transfer targets are hilarious!

”Gerard plans transfer raid on European champions”

“Rangers among favourites to sign Daniel Sturridge”

Rangers have signed a guy that couldn’t get a game at Killie, a boy that scored 3 goals for Alloa and a guy that barely kicked his own arse at Pittodrie.

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Some of the headlines the Daily Record are putting out about Rangers transfer targets are hilarious!

Rangers have signed a guy that couldn’t get a game at Killie, a boy that scored 3 goals for Alloa and a guy that barely kicked his own arse at Pittodrie.

I don't disagree with the nonsense hyperbolic headlines but love the way you've airbrushed Hastie's performances for Motherwell and it's not been confirmed we've signed Stewart yet.  Jones is shite mind you.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I don't disagree with the nonsense hyperbolic headlines but love the way you've airbrushed Hastie's performances for Motherwell and it's not been confirmed we've signed Stewart yet.  Jones is shite mind you.

😂

I’ve gone for the reverse hyperbole.

It’s not sour grapes, I’d have been happy for Hastie to re-sign at Motherwell and see how he develops, but I’m not convinced he’s more than a flash in the pan. He had 6 good games, then performances fell off a cliff when defenders figured him out.

I believe (not based on any inside info) Motherwell were quite happy to let him go and take the potentially £300k+ development fee. I don’t think him or Motherwell were ever going to get more money by hanging on.

14 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Liam Kelly has activated a release clause in his contract. Celtic and QPR are supposed to be keen on him.

So that's Livi lost Declan Gallagher to Motherwell, Craig Halkett to Hearts and now possibly Liam Kelly. They were three key players for them, next season will be tough without them.

Will their manager even still be there or at Rugby Park instead ?

His released clause was 50K.

I'd be surprised if Killie go for Gary.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Ah The Daily Rangers and their summer scoops. Would he get a game though, I’m still waiting on the dream strikeforce of Jardel and Ronaldo. 

He was at Dundee on loan, scored one great goal, and another decent goal, but generally he was pretty average. He looks good at times, but his end product was poor more often than not. 

Not good enough for Aberdeen imo, will end up at a smaller Premiership team. Can’t see him going to England as he is very weak. 

14 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Scott Wright released by Aberdeen.

Surprised at that - he's always looked a handful anytime I've seen him.

What do the Dons fans think?

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He was at Dundee on loan, scored one great goal, and another decent goal, but generally he was pretty average. He looks good at times, but his end product was poor more often than not. 

Not good enough for Aberdeen imo, will end up at a smaller Premiership team. Can’t see him going to England as he is very weak. 

Saw Wright on the highlights when he first started getting games for Aberdeen and thought he looked a good young player. Ah well. "They only show the good bits".

Might he be a good signing for Hamilton, St Mirren, Ayr or Inverness ?

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Scott Wright released by Aberdeen.

Surprised at that - he's always looked a handful anytime I've seen him.

What do the Dons fans think?

Typical winger.  Either excellent or poor.  Too many times it's the latter.  Pace to burn and skillful but that doesn't always equate to much in the SPFL.  Surprised if he was to be released though??  He's young, will fill out and can still learn.....

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Agree with your first sentence. 

One of the comments from McIntyre to McInnes on Wright's progress while on loan was that Wright was embarrassingly fit and toned compared to the rest of the Dundee dressing room!  Appreciate that doesn't make you strong but he's a bit of a gym bunny.