Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 257 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't think many Celtic fans will miss him. Wildly inconsistent player.

We should have cashed in last summer but I think he will be a massive loss. He's the best CB at the club and our early start of the season defensive problems were instantly better when he came back into the team.

35 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Welcome home India 😍😍

Edit it to add:

Ash Taylor re signing for Aberdeen tomorrow.

Meh. 

Is that the one that McInness was allegedly having a fling with? 😂

Im sure she’d have no shortage of volunteers with the aftersun. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Is that the one that McInness was allegedly having a fling with? 😂

Im sure she’d have no shortage of volunteers with the aftersun. 

It certainly is. We won our first 8 games or something then that rumour came out about a split in the dressing room 😂

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Welcome home India 😍😍

Edit it to add:

Ash Taylor re signing for Aberdeen tomorrow.

Meh. 

Highly unimpressed with this (Ash Taylor allegedly returning not the photos of his burd). Thought he was average first time round prior to being relegated from League One. 

11 hours ago, Farcity said:

He won't be re-signing. No way. Im guessing he will be the dude taking the pics of the lovely India and their bairns. 

100% no. Otherwise this is going to be a long summer. 

Photo doing the rounds of him in what is apparently Dyce airport last night.

Really hope not as well.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll be on my own amongst the Don's fans here but I really dont see this as such a bad signing if Taylor does come back 

Nah you're not alone. It's curious that some of the McInnes out brigade (not necessarily on here) are unhappy at Taylor coming back, yet we appear to have had better seasons and performances with him rather than without.

27 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Nah you're not alone. It's curious that some of the McInnes out brigade (not necessarily on here) are unhappy at Taylor coming back, yet we appear to have had better seasons and performances with him rather than without.

I’m very much in the Mcinnes must stay camp.

As for Taylor, I’ve made my feelings clear. To counter your points on him playing in a team that performed there are a few points of note. Taylor was fortunate to play in a considerably better Dons team that included Hayes in his pomp, McGinn while interested and with pace, Rooney while he could move and an up and coming Pawlett. Arguably also Ward in goals, Logan still rampaging, Reynolds, Shinnie and either Robson or McLean in front of him. I think he did ok but was by no means responsible for the team’s performances while he was around.

In terms of Taylor himself, he was actually ok in an opponents box but regularly went missing in ours late on in games when the pressure was on.  I thought he was a bit of a fanny to be honest. He’s just been relegated from League One (an unfair argument perhaps given my earlier comments on a team’s performance).  However, nobody else in League One appears to be looking at him which tells a story.  

He left Aberdeen because he didn’t like it, not sure what he thinks has changed.  

1 minute ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Main is a decent player...never going to be prolific though

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh. To be fair, I’ve not heard much positivity surrounding him from Motherwell fans and he was very poor earlier this season at a Pittodrie. That said, I seem to recall him ripping us a new one in last season’s League Cup semi......

Scottish cup semi?

He was great end of last season. Think he preferred our more industrial percentage football, so wasn’t surprised to see him linked with Hearts and Aberdeen (offence completely intended! 😂 ).

Lacking confidence at the moment, started the season badly and deteriorated, but there’s a player in there.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Scottish cup semi?

He was great end of last season. Think he preferred our more industrial percentage football, so wasn’t surprised to see him linked with Hearts and Aberdeen (offence completely intended! 😂 ).

Lacking confidence at the moment, started the season badly and deteriorated, but there’s a player in there.

Yes, Scottish Cup. 

Offence duly taken on chin. We’ve been horrific this season. 

40 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh. To be fair, I’ve not heard much positivity surrounding him from Motherwell fans and he was very poor earlier this season at a Pittodrie. That said, I seem to recall him ripping us a new one in last season’s League Cup semi......

Motherwell fans couldn't get their heads around a striker that didn't score many goal...he's industrious, he can be physical, he makes space for others. I've literally seen him play up front on his own, and make life difficult for a back 4. The treatment he got from Motherwell fans was a poor show in my opinion.