Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 255 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Rangers have offered a pre contract to Rennes centre back Mexer. 

I know nothing about this guy but at least he's an improvement on Worrall. 

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lewis Macleod has just been released by Brentford.

Possible signing for a team like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Killie ? Very injury prone though.

British or Irish, injury prone, release from championship, yup this is a mcinnes signing 

There's been a big clear out at Tannadice.

Coming soon to a lower league club near you - Fraser Fyvie, Morgaro Gomis, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie, Lewis Toshney, Luc Bollan, Keiran Inglis, Gavin Ritchie, Archie Thomas and Matti Zata 

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There's been a big clear out at Tannadice.

Coming soon to a lower league club near you - Fraser Fyvie, Morgaro Gomis, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie, Lewis Toshney, Luc Bollan, Keiran Inglis, Gavin Ritchie, Archie Thomas and Matti Zata 

Its tremendous 👍  Got some sympathy for Fyvie. Had a few injuries and in my opinion played when he really shouldn’t have. Bad management. Wish him all the best,  a lot of our fans reckon he is done for good. Hope he gets fit and does a job for someone. 

On 5/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, vanderark14 said:

British or Irish, injury prone, release from championship, yup this is a mcinnes signing 

If he wants a right back I see Brentford have also released Moses Odubajo. Decent player, unfortunately had two years out with injury but previously he must have been on the verge of the England squad.  At the time with him on one flank and Robbo on the other Hull must have had the best two attacking full backs in the Premier League

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Also linked with Curtis Main from Motherwell

He’s been pretty poor this season. Seems he was better suited to the “football” Robinson had us playing last season.

Makes sense he’s being linked with Hearts and Aberdeen.

😛

If you can find the Curtis Main of the 2nd half of last season you’ve got a player, but haven't seen him since last April.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:06 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Lewis Macleod has just been released by Brentford.

Possible signing for a team like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Killie ? Very injury prone though.

Would be surprised if he's not playing in the championship again next season.  

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

He’s been pretty poor this season. Seems he was better suited to the “football” Robinson had us playing last season.

Makes sense he’s being linked with Hearts and Aberdeen.

😛

If you can find the Curtis Main of the 2nd half of last season you’ve got a player, but haven't seen him since last April.

this is Mcinnes's biggest rebuild since he joined aberdeen and I don't think he will be up to it. He's already admitted he will be in the freebie market this year but I would 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

this is Mcinnes's biggest rebuild since he joined aberdeen and I don't think he will be up to it. He's already admitted he will be in the freebie market this year but I would 

To be honest I think he deserves a medal, most sustained period of Aberdeen achievement since the early 1990s.  Loses key players every season, as a non-Aberdeen fan I think he's done a fantastic job.  Unfortunately Celtic's superior finances mean its neigh on impossible for them to win the league but a lot of credit must go to him.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

To be honest I think he deserves a medal, most sustained period of Aberdeen achievement since the early 1990s.  Loses key players every season, as a non-Aberdeen fan I think he's done a fantastic job.  Unfortunately Celtic's superior finances mean its neigh on impossible for them to win the league but a lot of credit must go to him.

I completely agree. Too many Aberdeen fans forgetting how shit we were for such a sustained period of time. 👏

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I completely agree. Too many Aberdeen fans forgetting how shit we were for such a sustained period of time. 👏

If people consider setting a target of finishing 2nd or 3rd an achievement, then you would be right. 

But it’s an embarrassing stance to take before a ball has been kicked. 

It was far more enjoyable raking around the bottom of the league. That season where we damn near filled Brockville and had huge supports everywhere was my favourite season in terms of attending games. Nowadays it's a massive chore, not enjoyable at all and I tend to pick and choose more. 

Edited by Farcity

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

If people consider setting a target of finishing 2nd or 3rd an achievement, then you would be right. 

But it’s an embarrassing stance to take before a ball has been kicked. 

Not sure I’m following you?

And you need to get way more of a hip turn into your swing........😜

8 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Not sure I’m following you?

And you need to get way more of a hip turn into your swing........😜

I’m not sure I follow either, I’m very tired these last few days  

I know, yesterday was horrible, couldn’t buy a golf shot. Working nights is killing me. 

On 5/11/2019 at 1:19 AM, Jim Beem said:

Its tremendous 👍  Got some sympathy for Fyvie. Had a few injuries and in my opinion played when he really shouldn’t have. Bad management. Wish him all the best,  a lot of our fans reckon he is done for good. Hope he gets fit and does a job for someone. 

He’s going to cove allegedly.