Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 251 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Debian said:

Jack Hastie (M'well) and Greg Stewart (Birmingham) both sign pre contracts with Rangers. 

Looking at wikipedia just now and that is a quite lot of players Rangers have on the wage bill just now. Quite a few of them will have to be shifted in the summer surely, especially with more new arrivals ?

Hodson, Dorrans, Murphy, Foderingham, Alnwick, Beerman, Rossiter, Dodoo and Herrera to all depart ?

Selling Morelos to Leicester will keep them alive for another season anyway.

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Looking at wikipedia just now and that is a quite lot of players Rangers have on the wage bill just now. Quite a few of them will have to be shifted in the summer surely, especially with more new arrivals ?

Hodson, Dorrans, Murphy, Foderingham, Alnwick, Beerman, Rossiter, Dodoo and Herrera to all depart ?

Selling Morelos to Leicester will keep them alive for another season anyway.

There’s a fair chance Morales could be sectioned before the end of the season. 

On 3/31/2019 at 7:19 AM, Debian said:

Jack Hastie (M'well) and Greg Stewart (Birmingham) both sign pre contracts with Rangers. 

You said the Shinnie to Ranges deal was done?!  Shinnie is definitively not going to Rangers. Looking like its a three way fight between the Dons, Sheff Utd and Bristol City.

Dons are not signing Stewart though and he has options down south and apparently one up here.

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

You said the Shinnie to Ranges deal was done?!  Shinnie is definitively not going to Rangers. Looking like its a three way fight between the Dons, Sheff Utd and Bristol City.

Dons are not signing Stewart though and he has options down south and apparently one up here.

Was all over the tabloids either yesterday or Saturday that we're in for Stewart.  We've an abundance of central midfielders so the Shinnie one never made much sense.

Apparently the Hastie deal isn’t done yet. Looking unlikely he’ll be at Motherwell next season either way.

I’m not convinced he wasn’t a flash in the pan anyway.

If Motherwell get decent compensation for him I’m not losing any sleep over it.

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Do Rangers fans really think signing Kamara, Jones, Stewart and Hastie is going to get them closer to Celtic? :lol: 

I’m not even sure Hastie gets in the Motherwell side with Cadden and Frear back fit.

The boy was playing for Alloa for the 1st half of the season.

Edited by sbcmfc

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The boy was playing for Alloa for the 1st half of the season.

This boy will be furious at an ex-Alloa man playing for Rangers:

Following on from my earlier post on the size of Rangers large playing squad (that is surely unsustainable) as well as the not insignificant number of players they have out on loan.

Would any of you have any of these players at your club next season

GK: Wes Foderingham, Jak Alnwick

DF: Lee Wallace, Lee Hodson, Myles Beerman 

MF: Graham Dorrans, Jordan Rossiter, Jason Holt, Greg Docherty 

FW: Jamie Murphy, Eduardo Herrera, Joe Dodoo,

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Following on from my earlier post on the size of Rangers large playing squad (that is surely unsustainable) as well as the not insignificant number of players they have out on loan.

Would any of you have any of these players at your club next season

GK: Wes Foderingham, Jak Alnwick

DF: Lee Wallace, Lee Hodson, Myles Beerman 

MF: Graham Dorrans, Jordan Rossiter, Jason Holt, Greg Docherty 

FW: Jamie Murphy, Eduardo Herrera, Joe Dodoo,

A fit Jamie Murphy would get in most sides.

Foderingham might get a game somewhere in the Premiership (he’d be 3rd choice at Motherwell) I don’t think I’d take anyone else.

:lol:

^ Some amount of overpaid, past it dross there. Add Defoe to that mix too.

I always thought Holt was a decent player though and i'd expect Docherty will be retained, as he looks like a decent player too.

A 30 year old Jamie Murphy, coming off an ACL tear isn't someone who'd excite me.

48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Do Rangers fans really think signing Kamara, Jones, Stewart and Hastie is going to get them closer to Celtic? :lol: 

No.  Kamara looks decent but Jones, Stewart and Hastie don't look any better than what we've already got (which obviously isn't good enough).  It's almost as if we're going down the McCoist model of "getting bodies in".