Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 250 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To be fair, Gerrard is giving young players the chance to play. It's not like the Walter Smith era. 

It's utter madness tho he was on loan to Alloa came back and has had a handful of 1st team games. As for Gerrard he'll be off to manage an English team pretty soon imo. Maybe get one more season here if that. 

Edited by Och Aye

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We've also got a few loan players in that will be going back. 

Id hope for someone to come in for Grezda too but can't really see it. 

The biggest one to be replaced will be Kent, if we can't get him back on loan next season. 

I'd expect the following to all leave in the summer 

Foderingham, Alnwick,  Wallace Hodson, Worrall*, McAuley, Holt, Dodoo, Davis, Coulibaly, Kent*, Rossiter, Dorrans, Herrera.  That's 14 players, only 2 of whom are making any sort of impact to the first team.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Docherty and maybe Murphy were allowed to go too.

*I think we'll make attempts to the try and keep Worrall and Kent.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Back to transfer rumours, the boy Hastie at Motherwell going to Rangers is the latest one. Can’t say I really know anything about him other than he’s scored a couple of goals recently. Shinnie also being mentioned again. 

58 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Jeezo. Here we go again another Paul Slane or Lee Irwin in the making. Still he'll be financially well off for 4 or 5 years before hitting the skids. Nice to see young Turnball is more interested in a career developing his talent with 1st team football. 

At the moment Hastie is very much in the Paul Slane/Lee Erwin category, he only broke into the team in January. He’s grabbed his chance, scored some good goals and looks a player.

Would be disappointed to see him go so early, apparently we’ll be due a decent development fee, perhaps aided by his u-21 call up.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I had forgotten sone of those Rangers players too. Is Dorrans injured?

Guys like Dorrans, Davis, Murphy, Lafferty, Mcaulay, Wallace.... will all be on decent wages!

Dorrans has been injured pretty much since he joined. I'd be surprised if he's played more than 20 games for us.

33 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

At the moment Hastie is very much in the Paul Slane/Lee Erwin category, he only broke into the team in January. He’s grabbed his chance, scored some good goals and looks a player.

Would be disappointed to see him go so early, apparently we’ll be due a decent development fee, perhaps aided by his u-21 call up.

Candellis, Murphy, Kent, Jordan Jones will all be in front of him. Hope he enjoys his reserve team football. Who the feck are advising these young boys? Agents are ruining careers before they've started. 

How tae piss aff yir Friday! 

25 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Candellis, Murphy, Kent, Jordan Jones will all be in front of him. Hope he enjoys his reserve team football. Who the feck are advising these young boys? Agents are ruining careers before they've started. 

How tae piss aff yir Friday! 

I would agree with that.

Although to be Devils advocate, there’s players that have stayed and never really kicked on or have stalled a bit. Chris Cadden perhaps falls into that category. Mark Reynolds turned down a move to Rangers IIRC before going to Sheffield Wednesday.

Still agree he will get better opportunities at Motherwell, although less money.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I would agree with that.

Although to be Devils advocate, there’s players that have stayed and never really kicked on or have stalled a bit. Chris Cadden perhaps falls into that category. Mark Reynolds turned down a move to Rangers IIRC before going to Sheffield Wednesday.

Still agree he will get better opportunities at Motherwell, although less money.

I get that but I'm not asking for much just 2 or 3 seasons with the exciting young players we have to build a team around. These young guys will still be in their early 20's after that. This is the most hope I've had in a Motherwell team for a while but it's 2 steps back as usual. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd expect the following to all leave in the summer 

Foderingham, Alnwick,  Wallace Hodson, Worrall*, McAuley, Holt, Dodoo, Davis, Coulibaly, Kent*, Rossiter, Dorrans, Herrera.  That's 14 players, only 2 of whom are making any sort of impact to the first team.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Docherty and maybe Murphy were allowed to go too.

*I think we'll make attempts to the try and keep Worrall and Kent.

Jesus! Is forgotten about Holt, Dodoo and Herrera! 

I think I agree with all of those going bar maybe Docherty. The boy is young and looked good enough for a squad place but if he's improved he should get a chance. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I would agree with that.

Rangers are offering a lot more money than Motherwell could even think about offering...the boy could set himself up for life on this one contract.

I'm not saying I agree with it, or that I want him to go, but its too easy just to say 'ach thats his career fucked'

Morelos has signed a contract extension till 2023.  Given the noises he's been making recently about moving on in the summer and the clubs that are rumoured to be circling, the cynic in me is inclined to think this is just so we can maximise whatever fee we might get for him!

16 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Morelos has signed a contract extension till 2023.  Given the noises he's been making recently about moving on in the summer and the clubs that are rumoured to be circling, the cynic in me is inclined to think this is just so we can maximise whatever fee we might get for him!

Would think so.

Keep those Chinese clubs from pinching him for anything under 8 figures.

😛

Kidding aside, boys got talent, but he’s also an utter liability which will limit the amount a big team is willing to gamble on him.

His record in big games is terrible!

Got sent off in europe

Been sent off in 3 league games v aberdeen

Couldve been sent off 3 times v Celtic

Couldve been sent off again v Aberdeen in cup for kicking out while on a booking.

Ive rarely seen a Rangers game where he wasn’t either permanently in danger of getting booked or suspended.

13 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Has he not already signed two improved contracts this year?!

He definitely signed one earlier this season. 

If he leaves we can ask for a bigger fee. If he stays we keep the potential value at the max. 

9 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Has he not already signed two improved contracts this year?!

Think he signed one last season at some point but that'll be his second extension/improvement since he joined.  To be fair coming as a relative unknown from the Finnish league I'd imagine he'd have been on a relatively low wage.  He's developed in to pretty much our best/most important player since then so I've not really got an issue with him getting a couple of bumps up. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Think he signed one last season at some point but that'll be his second extension/improvement since he joined.  To be fair coming as a relative unknown from the Finnish league I'd imagine he'd have been on a relatively low wage.  He's developed in to pretty much our best/most important player since then so I've not really got an issue with him getting a couple of bumps up. 

Not at all. Gotta keep your most important player happy I suppose. Just don't often hear contracts being improved as often.