Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 249 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

9 hours ago, Debian said:

Few texts tonight saying Shinnie to Rangers has been agreed.  

He's a good player however not one I think we need unless we're offloading a serious amount of midfielders (or switching back to left back).  Would be funny to see the reaction though and interesting how quickly he "was never that good anyway, lost it last season" etc etc.

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He's a good player however not one I think we need unless we're offloading a serious amount of midfielders (or switching back to left back).  Would be funny to see the reaction though and interesting how quickly he "was never that good anyway, lost it last season" etc etc.

I don't think that would happen, Shinnie is twice the player Jack is. Shinnie doesn't hide in big games whereas Scott Brown still has Ryan Jack's lunch money for the last five years.

Shinnie will be a massive loss to AFC, there are some fans who don't rate him but that happens with every player

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think that would happen, Shinnie is twice the player Jack is. Shinnie doesn't hide in big games whereas Scott Brown still has Ryan Jack's lunch money for the last five years.

Shinnie will be a massive loss to AFC, there are some fans who don't rate him but that happens with every player

I take your general point however I'm pretty sure that Jack got his money back on the 29th December.  :ok:

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I take your general point however I'm pretty sure that Jack got his money back on the 29th December.  :ok:

I don't think one game (which will end up meaningless in the grand scale of things as Celtic will walk the league) really amounts to getting your money back!

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Greg Stewart is having some impact at Aberdeen.

He now plays with a manager who will restrict Stewart's ability, Mcinnes knows only one system which doesn't let stewart express himself. With Cosgrove suspended I would be happy to see Stewart up top against the huns in the replay.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think one game (which will end up meaningless in the grand scale of things as Celtic will walk the league) really amounts to getting your money back!

agreed

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

FFS.  We hadn't beaten them in about years and I didn't even come on here and gloat when we did.  At least allow me one small fucking crumb of comfort before you come on with your factual response and logical shit!! :mad:

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He now plays with a manager who will restrict Stewart's ability, Mcinnes knows only one system which doesn't let stewart express himself. With Cosgrove suspended I would be happy to see Stewart up top against the huns in the replay.

Obviously I'm biased but I thought he was mad to go back to Aberdeen given 1) his form at Killie and 2) the fact that Clarke got the best out of him and McInnes wasted his talent the last time and history looks like it's repeating itself.

He played up top at Ibrox earlier this season and scored in a 1-1.

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The Aberdeen boy that gave Stevie G the middle finger has been given a written warning 😂😂😂

Yup. Because AFC are run by fucking arseholes. 

Back to transfer rumours, the boy Hastie at Motherwell going to Rangers is the latest one. Can’t say I really know anything about him other than he’s scored a couple of goals recently. Shinnie also being mentioned again. 

41 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Back to transfer rumours, the boy Hastie at Motherwell going to Rangers is the latest one. Can’t say I really know anything about him other than he’s scored a couple of goals recently. Shinnie also being mentioned again. 

Any rumours of players leaving? The squad at Ibrox is huge!! 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Jeezo. Here we go again another Paul Slane or Lee Irwin in the making. Still he'll be financially well off for 4 or 5 years before hitting the skids. Nice to see young Turnball is more interested in a career developing his talent with 1st team football. 

18 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Jeezo. Here we go again another Paul Slane or Lee Irwin in the making. Still he'll be financially well off for 4 or 5 years before hitting the skids. Nice to see young Turnball is more interested in a career developing his talent with 1st team football. 

To be fair, Gerrard is giving young players the chance to play. It's not like the Walter Smith era. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I’d assume we’ll see 10+ leaving in the summer. We’ve got players out on loan I forgot even existed!! 

We've also got a few loan players in that will be going back. 

Id hope for someone to come in for Grezda too but can't really see it. 

The biggest one to be replaced will be Kent, if we can't get him back on loan next season.