Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 244 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

14 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

We were happy with that result :ok:

We should be loaning more players to Aberdeen and Hibs. We should start by loaning Allan to Hibs for the rest of the season so he can't play against us. Then get Morgan to Aberdeen and see if anyone can make use out of Hendry. 

He cant play against us now though, so who honestly cares what happens to Allan?

Anyone think they'll be much more activity before the deadline? Overall looks like fairly typical Celtic have been run close by a few clubs over the last few years but then bring in players in January that will guarantee the league.  Can't blame them but must be frustrating for fans of other clubs.

31 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Dons rumoured to be in for Hayes and Morgan. Suspect this means GMS heading to the Big Apple. 

If it’s in loan, then absolutely everyone involved in those deals can take a massive go fuckthemselves from me and several other fans. 

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If it’s in loan, then absolutely everyone involved in those deals can take a massive go fuckthemselves from me and several other fans. 

Morgan definitely will be loaned out. I'd have thought Hayes will want to conserve his current salary too. 

It would probably suit Celtic too as they could play against everybody except them. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Suspect Morgan would be a loan but not sure about Hayes. However, I agree with you, same league loans are counter productive for us and generally myopic. 

What club tried to buy Turnbull from Motherwell ?

The mighty Mark McGhee possibly making a triumphal return to Scottish football with Hamilton ? Assured a warm, friendly welcome at Pittodrie no doubt. After all to quote the man himself "it's only three points".

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What club tried to buy Turnbull from Motherwell ?

He signed a new deal yesterday, but had a few offers from down south. Don’t know which clubs though.

Could’ve signed a pre-contract and gone for buttons, so a great bit of business to get him signed up.

Fair play to the boy for putting 1st team football ahead of making really good money.

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He signed a new deal yesterday, but had a few offers from down south. Don’t know which clubs though.

Could’ve signed a pre-contract and gone for buttons, so a great bit of business to get him signed up.

Fair play to the boy for putting 1st team football ahead of making really good money.

"His five goals in 14 games this term led to him being linked with Swansea City, Southampton, and Sunderland."

12 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

This the Dortmund guy?

Aye. Can't really blame Lawell for once. Looks like we've been priced out of one and the other two didnae fancy the 'joys of Scottish fitba.' 

In saying that he did feck up the Piccini deal, so aye it's all big Pedro's fault!

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye. Can't really blame Lawell for once. Looks like we've been priced out of one and the other two didnae fancy the 'joys of Scottish fitba.' 

In saying that he did feck up the Piccini deal, so aye it's all big Pedro's fault!

It's been a problem for fucking years and hasn't been addressed, so aye I'd say it is.

The summer will see us chasing 2 CBS and a RB to play in the European qualifiers (hopefully the CL). That is complete and utter negligence.

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's been a problem for fucking years and hasn't been addressed, so aye I'd say it is.

The summer will see us chasing 2 CBS and a RB to play in the European qualifiers (hopefully the CL). That is complete and utter negligence.

I totally agree. I'm not enjoying this Oviedo chat either. If Tierney has an ongoing problem we should be trying to buy not loan, either Melling (Rosenborg) or Taylor (Killie) imo. 

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, thought so as well.  Hopefully Ross Macormack will teach him how to score more as well....

16 minutes ago, stocky said:

Aye, thought so as well.  Hopefully Ross Macormack will teach him how to score more as well....

To be fair, he’s doing not bad, he’s a midfielder and scored 5 goals in 12 starts. 

Think he’s our top scorer and has scored the goal in 3 x 1-0 wins since coming into the team at the end of October.

Story that Motherwell captain Peter Hartley is signing for Hibs.

Strange one if true, bit of a bampot, but well liked and a decent player although never really looked 100% fit this season since returning from injury.

Motherwell also off-loaded permanently crocked, occasionally shite Aaron Taylor-Sinclair to Crewe, dunno how we pulled that off. (Thought he’d be a great signing, but the Stevie Hammell replacement conundrum continues...)

Punted a few younger boys out on loan too, so might be a last minute player in? Although to be honest, our seasons done, I’d rather play our own players than loans from elsewhere.

Jack Hendry might be going back to Dundee on loan.

Calvin Miller may be joining Ross County on loan.

Hibs are trying to bring Marc McNulty in from Reading. It's unclear whether it's on loan or a full transfer.

I'm amazed that Rangers are not trying to lighten their wage bill. For a club with such fragile finances that is a big squad they have.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hibs are trying to bring Marc McNulty in from Reading. It's unclear whether it's on loan or a full transfer.

It's implied in our local media that it'll be a permanent* signing - with the other players included in the same quote from the Reading manager being players that would certainly be leaving permanently: "These players [Mannone, McNulty, Meyler] have been working in a different way since I arrived. I don’t know if they will move or not, but now I am not counting with them (in the squad)."

*Depending on the finances, it may well be a loan with the option of a permanent. I imagine that if Hibs want him permanent, they'd get him on a permanent.

If rumours are to be believed then Hibs have had several offers rejected for Marc McNulty and if any deal goes through it will be a loan deal

Ive not heard anything about Peter Hartley coming though

Jack Hendry on loan was being spoken about before it emerged that Efe Ambrose has been offered improved terms to re-sign seen as he is still without a club