Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 243 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

21 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Shaughnessy has been offered a pre-contract with the Dons. 

hemmin, away and fuck with yer transfer rumours, this is about drugs, flat earth, a back 3, andrew robertson at anchor man, rotten teeth, rolling contracts and brendan rodgers secretly controlling more than one club.

oh, there is a rumour of lewis morgan to the dons on loan. I hope its bull shit.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

hemmin, away and fuck with yer transfer rumours, this is about drugs, flat earth, a back 3, andrew robertson at anchor man, rotten teeth, rolling contracts and brendan rodgers secretly controlling more than one club.

oh, there is a rumour of lewis morgan to the dons on loan. I hope its bull shit.

I wonder if that means we know GMS's decision onthe NYC bid?  Another player on loan from Celtic would be utter fecking madness.

12 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I wonder if that means we know GMS's decision onthe NYC bid?  Another player on loan from Celtic would be utter fecking madness.

I think its been said but I would rather we developed our own players instead of doing it for celtic. 

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think its been said but I would rather we developed our own players instead of doing it for celtic. 

Celtic loaning players to Aberdeen and when Hibs were in the championship with Rangers stinks a bit.

Especially in the Aberdeen case, it strengthens Aberdeen against 10/11 sides.

I don’t mind Motherwell taking loanees from England to supplement our squad etc. but wouldn’t be very keen on developing players for other teams in the league. Especially if they can’t play in important games for us.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic loaning players to Aberdeen and when Hibs were in the championship with Rangers stinks a bit.

Yes, but I think that it could be because, development-wise, they would want that player to continue to play on a team that has been consistently at the top end of the table.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Especially in the Aberdeen case, it strengthens Aberdeen against 10/11 sides.

True, but neither Christie (or Morgan) could play for Celtic either.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

...but wouldn’t be very keen on developing players for other teams in the league. Especially if they can’t play in important games for us.

It's not ideal.

Christie not being able to play against Celtic left a bad taste with many of the Dons supporters particularly because he had become a starter.

38 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They’re out on loan because they’re not playing for Celtic, not the other way round.

You're missing what I'm saying.

Celtic v Aberdeen... the last game of the season (for example).

Christie was Celtic's player (but he was on loan to us).

Christie was good enough to start for either side, but played for neither.

Just now, Scotty CTA said:

You're missing what I'm saying.

Celtic v Aberdeen... the last game of the season (for example).

Christie was Celtic's player (but he was on loan to us).

Christie was good enough to start for either side, but played for neither.

Hypothetically had he not been at Aberdeen, I don’t think he’d have played for Celtic as he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to prove himself other than a league cup game or 20 minutes off the bench here and there...

Christie being sat in the stand hurt Aberdeen more than Celtic.

28 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Hypothetically had he not been at Aberdeen, I don’t think he’d have played for Celtic as he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to prove himself other than a league cup game or 20 minutes off the bench here and there...

We would have probably got him on a permanent then.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

How so?

We won.

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Totally agree.  It hurt us in the Scottish Cup final because Christie had been playing and we had to rearrange due to him being unable to play.  Some irony in him scoring the winner in this years League Cup Final too, a player that would never have developed had we not had him on loan.

If we go for Morgan, the conditions have to be that he can play against Celtic and that we formally agree on an option to purchase at a pre-agreed price at the end of the loan period.

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Totally agree.  It hurt us in the Scottish Cup final because Christie had been playing and we had to rearrange due to him being unable to play.  Some irony in him scoring the winner in this years League Cup Final too, a player that would never have developed had we not had him on loan.

If we go for Morgan, the conditions have to be that he can play against Celtic and that we formally agree on an option to purchase at a pre-agreed price at the end of the loan period.

Can't see either of those two stipulations being agreed upon.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the league rules prohibit loan players playing league games against their parent clubs. Not a worldwide thing but I think it's true in Scotland.

7 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the league rules prohibit loan players playing league games against their parent clubs. Not a worldwide thing but I think it's true in Scotland.

Not sure myself.  CL depends on the loan deal.  I think in Scotland for Cup games and Premier League it forms part of the deal.....

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 minute ago, wee-toon-red said:

I thought it was just a gentleman’s agreement? I’m sure Motherwell did it or at least threatened to do it with Jim O’Brien or Ross McCormack???

Just checked it because I'm sad and boring. From the Scottish Professional Football League Rules:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

64: During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in: (i) a League Match; (ii) a Play-Off Match; (iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match; (iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and (v) a Scottish Cup Match; and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

Page 125 of the following link if anyone's interested:

https://spfl.co.uk/cms-content/images/shares/pdfs/Rules and Regulations SPFL 8_10_2018.pdf

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

We would have probably got him on a permanent then.

How so?

We won.

We were happy with that result :ok:

We should be loaning more players to Aberdeen and Hibs. We should start by loaning Allan to Hibs for the rest of the season so he can't play against us. Then get Morgan to Aberdeen and see if anyone can make use out of Hendry. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Just checked it because I'm sad and boring. From the Scottish Professional Football League Rules:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

64: During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in: (i) a League Match; (ii) a Play-Off Match; (iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match; (iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and (v) a Scottish Cup Match; and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

Page 125 of the following link if anyone's interested:

https://spfl.co.uk/cms-content/images/shares/pdfs/Rules and Regulations SPFL 8_10_2018.pdf

That is ridiculous.