Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 242 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Guest faircity
5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Ross McCormack looks like he should be fit by April/May.

:lol:

(If we play him every week)

Has he let himself go a bit?

4 hours ago, faircity said:

Chripper, is it true that methadone rots your teeth? 

I have never done a single illegal drug in my entire life. Not that I'm bragging or anything.

It's actually a backhanded compliment that people think of my opinion as so "out there" that it could only be thought of by taking illegal narcotics. As much as it's a compliment to me, it has an equal and opposite result for the stone throwers.

So, thank you ever so much. You're all very kind. :)

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd"

Guest faircity
19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I have never done a single illegal drug in my entire life. Not that I'm bragging or anything.

It's actually a backhanded compliment that people think of my opinion as so "out there" that it could only be thought of by taking illegal narcotics. As much as it's a compliment to me, it has an equal and opposite result for the stone throwers.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd"

Ahh. 

15 minutes ago, faircity said:

Ahh. 

Oh no you don't! Don't stop there!

You alleged that I was a drug user. You must follow it up with something a little more substantial than "Ahh". Do you want to say anything about my potential alcohol consumption or the legitimacy of my parents marriage when I was born? Ooooo, say anything my Mother. That'll certainly get me mad!  :)

And now I'm just awaiting someone saying something like "This is hilarious!" or "This is a car crash" (Or something in that vibe) As a way of trying to defuse the situation and making it appear as if the mob are actually achieving something, and in turn making it appear that I'm losing my ground.

Psychology 101.

Edited by Chripper

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Did he enjoy his burgers and hot dogs in Australia then ?

1 hour ago, faircity said:

Has he let himself go a bit?

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

aea473ebf16518e464dc627e0dafda08.jpg

53 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

To be fair, apparently he couldn’t get out of his house tonrrain because the electric gates wouldn’t work......

😂

I hope he wants to get fit, but the photos and videos I’ve seen, he’s special teams for FKs and penalties...

Edited by sbcmfc

Guest faircity
11 hours ago, Chripper said:

Oh no you don't! Don't stop there!

You alleged that I was a drug user. You must follow it up with something a little more substantial than "Ahh". Do you want to say anything about my potential alcohol consumption or the legitimacy of my parents marriage when I was born? Ooooo, say anything my Mother. That'll certainly get me mad!  :)

And now I'm just awaiting someone saying something like "This is hilarious!" or "This is a car crash" (Or something in that vibe) As a way of trying to defuse the situation and making it appear as if the mob are actually achieving something, and in turn making it appear that I'm losing my ground.

Psychology 101.

I did no such thing. 

54 minutes ago, faircity said:

I did no such thing. 

I'm waiting for the follow-up to the drug quip.

"Ahh" just won't cut the mustard, I'm afraid. You could at least call me a part of the female anatomy. You have two to pick from, go for it. 

Do you want me to give you some tutelage on how to sass someone properly? Because I'll be completely honest with you here, mate, going down the drugs route is absolutely embarrassing. It's like something that an English person would say to a Scottish person as it's a negative (and erroneous) stereotype. If you are Scottish then you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself that you stooped to such a lazy and a cheap shot.

OK. I'm definitely waiting on someone saying that I'm "Embarrassing myself" or that I'm taking things "too serious", as that's classic "on the ropes" reactionary response.

:)

19 hours ago, Chripper said:

A rolling contract continues until an agreed period of notice (amount of time before you are told that you longer have a job). 

It doesn't keep rolling undefinedly, even if it's against the employee and employers wishes, that was would illogical. 

That's the way to detect the class of a human being, when they can admit to being wrong. In this instance I wasn't wrong, though, it was a variable. :)

Irrelevant. He was still surplus to requirements when Liverpool recalled him. He made wat, two appearances? Yes, good excuse to recall him.

Try again. You might get lucky.:)

Another one who doesn't understand what a rolling contract is.

Deary me.

I'm going to be blunt here, for a football fan (apparently three people don't know the purpose of a rolling contract) not to know what a rolling contract means is embarrassing. Essentially, a 12 month rolling contract is a contract in which a contract has a set parameter, and if either party wishes to part ways then they can give notice, which means they sever the contract on the same day and month (different year, obviously) that the rolling contract was signed.

Bloody hell. Sometimes it's like talking to toddlers in a playground. 

I am  sorry but you don't have a clue, and that is being polite

23 minutes ago, Chripper said:

"Ahh" just won't cut the mustard, I'm afraid. You could at least call me a part of the female anatomy. You have two to pick from, go for it. 

Do you want me to give you some tutelage on how to sass someone properly? Because I'll be completely honest with you here, mate, going down the drugs route is absolutely embarrassing. It's like something that an English person would say to a Scottish person as it's a negative (and erroneous) stereotype. If you are Scottish then you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself that you stooped to such a lazy and a cheap shot.

OK. I'm definitely waiting on someone saying that I'm "Embarrassing myself" or that I'm taking things "too serious", as that's classic "on the ropes" reactionary response.

I'm wondering, do you deliberately get things wrong just to provoke people into responding to you?

Example: Rolling contracts. You said Deila had a 12 month rolling contract. Your words. That means every morning he wakes up he has 12 months to run on his contract, so either he or Celtic would have to give 12 months' notice to end it, or obviously come to some kind of financial arrangement. In this case, you said Celtic wouldn't appoint Rodgers in October as they couldn't get rid of Deila until May. That doesn't fit a 12 month rolling contract.

You've already been shown to be talking nonsense by claiming Rodgers was Celtic manager when Ward was recalled and instead of admitting you got it wrong you doubled down with this nonsense about Rodgers being tapped up 8 or 9 months before he was appointed and somehow being allowed to call the shots at Celtic AND Liverpool despite working for neither. You also then said that Ward went straight on loan to Huddersfield, which was also incorrect.

In another thread you've said you're surprised Scottish referees have never gone on strike, when it's fairly well-known that they did back in 2010.

So, either you're at it to provoke responses, which is one thing, or you don't actually have a clue what you're on about and, if so, I've wasted two minutes by giving you what you want with this post!

Edited by wee-toon-red

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Dude, people had to actually be schooled on how a rolling contract worked.

They saw the name "rolling" and they thought that it was indefinite.. which is... insane.

It may well be insane in your eyes but it is also true. Not sure what more i can say on this. You are wrong and that is just a fact.

1 minute ago, wee-toon-red said:

I'm wondering, do you deliberately get things wrong just to provoke people into responding to you?

Example: Rolling contracts. You said Deila had a 12 month rolling contract. Your words. That means every morning he wakes up he has 12 months to run on his contract, so either he or Celtic would have to give 12 months' notice to end it, or obviously come to some kind of financial arrangement. In this case, you said Celtic wouldn't appoint Rodgers in October as they couldn't get rid of Deila until May. That doesn't fit a 12 month rolling contract.

You've already been shown to be talking nonsense by claiming Rodgers was Celtic manager when Ward was recalled and instead of admitting you got it wrong you doubled down with this nonsense about Rodgers being tapped up 8 or 9 months before he was appointed and somehow being allowed to call the shots at Celtic AND Liverpool despite working for neither. You also then said that Ward went straight on loan to Huddersfield, which was also incorrect.

In another thread you've said you're surprised Scottish referees have never gone on strike, when it's fairly well-known that they did back in 2010.

So, either you're at it to provoke responses, which is one thing, or you don't actually have a clue what you're on about and I've wasted two minutes on this whole post!

I'm wondering, why do people have to bring dug abuse into a football debate? Is it because they're unable to debate about, ya know, football? All signs point to "Yep!".

Yes, Ronny Delia had a 12 month rolling contract. He joined Celtic on 4th June 2014 and left 4th June 2016. It's not hard to understand. 

Did I say that Rodgers was Celtic boss when Ward was recalled from his loan? I don't remember that. I said (I'm positive) that Rodgers had a "hand in it". I doubt that I said that he was Celtic manager at the time, rest assured, though, he was pulling strings behind the scenes at Celtic, as he got approached by the Celtic board a day or so after his Liverpool dismissal.

Fine, I was wrong about Ward going straight to Huddersfield.

Yeah, I don't recall that. I could be wrong, though. See what I did there? I admitted to being wrong, I didn't bring up narcotic abuse or suggested that your parents had you out of wedlock. This is what grown ups do. 

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It may well be insane in your eyes but it is also true. Not sure what more i can say on this. You are wrong and that is just a fact.

Yes, I get it, I'm "wrong", but wrong about what exactly?

See, if you allege that a person is wrong, you must either say what aforementioned person is wrong about. That's how communication works. 

Guest faircity
3 hours ago, Chripper said:

Drugs route? Explain please. Your post is full of waffle so tidy it up a bit. Where did I say you were a drug user? 

19 hours ago, Chripper said:

You've never lived ma man.

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

Yes, I get it, I'm "wrong", but wrong about what exactly?

See, if you allege that a person is wrong, you must either say what aforementioned person is wrong about. That's how communication works. 

Are you a gardener ? Credit where credits due; you’re an absolute wizard with a spade.  👍

12 hours ago, faircity said:

Drugs route? Explain please. Your post is full of waffle so tidy it up a bit. Where did I say you were a drug user? 

You asked "is it true that methadone rots your teeth?". That's an allegation that I'm a drug user.

You can play dumb all you want, we all know that you went there. You're just perpetuating the negative stereotype and for that you should feel ashamed. This is a posting board and we all like a good natured banter, but you went too far down the rabbit hole.

8 hours ago, bonzo said:

Who's abusing dugs?😄

Wow... Touche! 

Just shows you, when you take away the weapons of bullies, they resort to something as benign as mocking a typo. :lol:

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

Wow... Touche!

Just shows you, when you take away the weapons of bullies, they resort to something as benign as mocking a typo. :lol:

Far from a bully mate, I just found that funny.