Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 239 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

I have contacts in publishing and some of them are In football circles. Let's just say they're reliable.

I kinda think it was obvious, though, what with the Liverpool association.

:P

Did no one else join the dots with the Ward-Liverpool-Rodgers thing?

No? OK. I thought it was obvious skullduggery.

Machiavellian skullduggery. 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

A lot of Tim social media blog/outlets claiming McKenna is on his way. 🤔

I'd be quite pleased with this if it is indeed true.

Whilst I think Boyata and Benković are better players, neither will be at the club next season.  I really don't want to go into European qualifiers with Šimunović and Hendry as the two centre-backs.  

McKenna is only 22 and already looks like Scotland's best centre-back.  

24 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'd be quite pleased with this if it is indeed true.

Whilst I think Boyata and Benković are better players, neither will be at the club next season.  I really don't want to go into European qualifiers with Šimunović and Hendry as the two centre-backs.  

McKenna is only 22 and already looks like Scotland's best centre-back.  

McKenna along with a more experienced CB would suit me fine. I've liked the look of him so far.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Do you rate (left back) Jaden Brown?

I'll be honest, I don't know a great deal about him. We are reasonably well off in the left-back position with Chris Löwe, Terry Kongolo & Erik Durm all able to play there, so as things stand he's not looking at a first-team place just yet. But when we go down, Durm & Kongolo would I'd imagine be off & so he might get some game time. I see he's been linked with a loan move to Aberdeen, which from what I know of him would be a decent move.

He's currently attached to our Development Squad (the reserves in old money!) but from what I've heard he sounds an exciting prospect though & pacy full-backs might be more use to us in the Championship.

It'd be good to hear from Aberdeen fans what he looks like in a senior game.

21 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

McKenna is in Glasgow today - as is the entire Dons squad as they travel back from Dubai.  McKenna agreed to speak with Heart Radio.  This is, I suspect, where the speculation linking him to Celtic is coming from.  

Yup. Stupid Macy.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Have Aberdeen been looking at any potential replacements for McKenna if he is sold ?

No idea. We have Devlin, Reynolds and Hoban coming back from injury and considine can shift in there if we sign a left back (which we are looking for). 

McKenna might be sold but it won't be to Celtic. 

8 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I'll be honest, I don't know a great deal about him. We are reasonably well off in the left-back position with Chris Löwe, Terry Kongolo & Erik Durm all able to play there, so as things stand he's not looking at a first-team place just yet. But when we go down, Durm & Kongolo would I'd imagine be off & so he might get some game time. I see he's been linked with a loan move to Aberdeen, which from what I know of him would be a decent move.

He's currently attached to our Development Squad (the reserves in old money!) but from what I've heard he sounds an exciting prospect though & pacy full-backs might be more use to us in the Championship.

It'd be good to hear from Aberdeen fans what he looks like in a senior game.

Cheers!

After Max Lowe :sing:" We're all about the pace, all about the pace... "