Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 236 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And just like that Talksport saying Leeds are in for Brophy.

He's under contract until 2021 so would take a massive bid IMO to sell this season.

Not being funny but would would you class as a massive bid?  Clubs down there have money to burn so I'd hope he wouldn't go on the cheap. 

Stephen Robinson being linked with the recently vacated Luton Town job.

Presumably just speculation at the moment. I like him more than most Motherwell fans, but he probably peaked at the end of last season in terms of his stock being high. Only linked as an ex-player at moment...

Don’t really like what’s happening to Killie. Stewart recalled, interest in Brophy and effectively lost Jones. Could be the only team to weaken further than Aberdeen in the window. (Just read that GMS claims he’s open to staying at Aberdeen)  

Although, Hibs lose Ambrose and Boyle but looks like they’ve got Gauld are still chasing Allan. 

25 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Don’t really like what’s happening to Killie. Stewart recalled, interest in Brophy and effectively lost Jones. Could be the only team to weaken further than Aberdeen in the window. (Just read that GMS claims he’s open to staying at Aberdeen)  

Although, Hibs lose Ambrose and Boyle but looks like they’ve got Gauld are still chasing Allan. 

If Killie lose Stewart and Brophy it will be a major blow. Is that not the vast majority of their goals? 

If GMS leaves Aberdeen then unless there's been major changes since the last time we played them, they're going to struggle to score too, as he was head and shoulders the best player on the park that day. I've not seen Aberdeen since so maybe others have stepped up since. 

Id say both Rangers and Celtic are already stronger (in theory at least) so this might be the point the top one or two split away. 

30 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Surely that makes them stronger?!

Guest faircity
26 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If Killie lose Stewart and Brophy it will be a major blow. Is that not the vast majority of their goals? 

If GMS leaves Aberdeen then unless there's been major changes since the last time we played them, they're going to struggle to score too, as he was head and shoulders the best player on the park that day. I've not seen Aberdeen since so maybe others have stepped up since. 

Id say both Rangers and Celtic are already stronger (in theory at least) so this might be the point the top one or two split away. 

I actually think Aberdeen are better without GMS. Results are certainly better since he got injured.

If he is on song then he is almost unplayable, but if he is slightly under par then he's as good as a man short. I still hope he stays though. 

I'd expect a bit of movement in and out at Pittodrie yet, Mcinnes is usually pretty good at keeping most deals under the radar, no time for panic yet. 

1 hour ago, faircity said:

If he is on song then he is almost unplayable, but if he is slightly under par then he's as good as a man short. I still hope he stays though.

Always seems that way to me, although often the way with wingers.

sugar or shite

1 hour ago, faircity said:

I actually think Aberdeen are better without GMS. Results are certainly better since he got injured.

I'd expect a bit of movement in and out at Pittodrie yet, Mcinnes is usually pretty good at keeping most deals under the radar, no time for panic yet. 

Interesting about GMS. He's obviously saving his good games for when we turn up. 🙄

And its a fair point about MacInnes. There isnt normally much in the press about his targets. 

Does he have a good/bad/average record on signings? 

Guest faircity
44 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Interesting about GMS. He's obviously saving his good games for when we turn up. 🙄

And its a fair point about MacInnes. There isnt normally much in the press about his targets. 

Does he have a good/bad/average record on signings?

Pretty mixed I think, he likes to go for those that have performed in Scotland already and he does well there. He's picked up a lot of shite too though, mostly from down south but he's generally quick to realise it and can shift them on. 

His use of the loan market has been very good on the whole but loans aren't ideal. 

Im not sure Aberdeen's scouting system is all that great though.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Surely that makes them stronger?!

I honestly believe that Ambrose has consistently been one of the better centre half's in this country since he got here. He reads the game exceptionally well, has decent pace and he is comfortable bringing out from the back and his distribution is decent. He has the odd lapse in concentration, he takes chances when maybe shouldn't and his willingness to bring the ball out from the back has got him in trouble at times, but I'd rather that than some hoof merchant, Hibs will be poorer without him.

Edited by Mox

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm willing to predict both Stewart and Brophy will be Killie players come 1st Feb.

What do you know humper real blow for us that Stewart is back at Birmingham heard Sunderland are interested in Stewart and Leeds are interested in Brophy  will Clarke have a couple of aces up his sleves ? 

36 minutes ago, macy37 said:

McKenna to us apparently might happen. Am I doing the lad a disservice in saying he’s not the best footballing centre back?

That would be being generous. Spending a fortune on McKenna would just confirm that when it comes to transfers, we do not have a clue what we are doing.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, macy37 said:

McKenna to us apparently might happen. Am I doing the lad a disservice in saying he’s not the best footballing centre back?

He'd instantly be your best centre half. 

However, he's not going to Celtic. 

47 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Daily Diana linking Aberdeen with Greg Stewart

Has he not been at Aberdeen before on loan?

Loan or permanent? Can’t see any reason he or Birmingham would want to move him from Killie to Aberdeen.

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Has he not been at Aberdeen before on loan?

Loan or permanent? Can’t see any reason he or Birmingham would want to move him from Killie to Aberdeen.

Loan, but was played out of position. Seems like Birmingham want a rid of him with 6 months of his deal left, if I picked it up correctly.