Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 235 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

31 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I’m not trying to bullshit hence the question marks after quoting £30k. It came from a decent source. I believe Defoe is on £65k at Bournemouth. 

Double the 65k, they shattered their wage structure when he signed.

Wilshire was on more than 65k when on loan.

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

That only adds up to just over 10M.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Double the 65k, they shattered their wage structure when he signed.

Wilshire was on more than 65k when on loan.

The £65k came from a the same report that stated Fraser was on £28k. I know that’s accurate for Fraser so just assumed Defoe’s was ballpark. 

Like I say, the £30k figure came from a decent source but I can’t be certain it’s bang on. Sounds about right though?!

33 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

That only adds up to just over 10M.

As you can see Scotty, you are just doing some maths based on a figure which may or may not be correct. You have zero facts to prove your figure and only supposition to work out the Ibrox contribution. 

There's no evidence whatsoever. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, as I have the same zero fact base. 😊

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

The £65k came from a the same report that stated Fraser was on £28k. I know that’s accurate for Fraser so just assumed Defoe’s was ballpark. 

Like I say, the £30k figure came from a decent source but I can’t be certain it’s bang on. Sounds about right though?!

Fair enough. £65K defo sounds more realistic for a 34 year old.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10931174/jermain-defoe-signs-three-year-deal-at-bournemouth

To be fair to Scotty... There were plenty reports at the time suggesting circa £130k/wk also. Perhaps it's £65k base salary and big bonuses if he plays/scores? It would certainly explain why he hasn't even been on the pitch this season. 

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

To be fair to Scotty... There were plenty reports at the time suggesting circa £130k/wk also. Perhaps it's £65k base salary and big bonuses if he plays/scores? It would certainly explain why he hasn't even been on the pitch this season. 

This is the problem. Nobody knows but plenty of folk guess and are happy with their obviously flawed and generally biased view. 

Id be surprised if we are paying less than £10k a week but I have nothing to base this on. 

If Bournemouth think this loan will shift him from the books at the end of the season we may be paying nothing. I'd doubt it but it's possible. 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If Bournemouth think this loan will shift him from the books at the end of the season we may be paying nothing. I'd doubt it but it's possible. 

That appears to be the sort of deal Motherwell have for McCormack, we won’t be paying 5% of his reported £45k a week.

Villa want shot of him, and imagine he was a bit out of sight out of mind in the A-league.

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That appears to be the sort of deal Motherwell have for McCormack, we won’t be paying 5% of his reported £45k a week.

Villa want shot of him, and imagine he was a bit out of sight out of mind in the A-league.

This is it. We know the English lower league teams shop up here and so it may be worth just getting them in the shop window. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This is the problem. Nobody knows but plenty of folk guess and are happy with their obviously flawed and generally biased view. 

Id be surprised if we are paying less than £10k a week but I have nothing to base this on. 

I would be very surprised if Rangers aren't paying a decent chunk of his wages simply for the reason that Bournemouth could probably get a team in the Championship to take him on loan and pay a decent chunk of his wages. They aren't going to let him go to Rangers and them pay 10% when they could get say a Stoke willing to pay 40-50% probably. They have just brought Solanke in from Liverpool, a £19m signing probably commands a decent salary even if not at Defoe levels, I would think they are a team who want to  try and balance their incomings with their outgoings to be honest.

32 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I would be very surprised if Rangers aren't paying a decent chunk of his wages simply for the reason that Bournemouth could probably get a team in the Championship to take him on loan and pay a decent chunk of his wages. They aren't going to let him go to Rangers and them pay 10% when they could get say a Stoke willing to pay 40-50% probably.

Yes

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I would be very surprised if Rangers aren't paying a decent chunk of his wages simply for the reason that Bournemouth could probably get a team in the Championship to take him on loan and pay a decent chunk of his wages. They aren't going to let him go to Rangers and them pay 10% when they could get say a Stoke willing to pay 40-50% probably. They have just brought Solanke in from Liverpool, a £19m signing probably commands a decent salary even if not at Defoe levels, I would think they are a team who want to  try and balance their incomings with their outgoings to be honest.

You're probably right but who says Defoe wants to play in the Championship? No matter where he goes he'll get paid the same. And as the end of his career is approaching this might be his best bet for a trophy. 

He's not going to be skint so may be more worried about getting medals now. 

Bournemouth might have been faced with a choice of him going nowhere or getting 5% from Rangers. 

Nobody knows. All of the above are possible but it depends on the viewers unconscious bias what they'll want to believe. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That’s pretty much the basis of every fan chat room or forum though isn’t it?  Very few of us are in the know and we survive of skant fact, minimal detail, rumour and assumptions.

Some assumptions are better than others though!

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

That’s pretty much the basis of every fan chat room or forum though isn’t it?  Very few of us are in the know and we survive of skant fact, minimal detail, rumour and assumptions.

Some assumptions are better than others though!

I agree. It's the moon howlers who present their vague guesswork as fact and then project the future off the back of it that bore me. 

It's all about their bias and wish fulfillment. 

Personally I'm hoping we got these guys for heehaw. However unrealistic that is. 

It's certainly going to make the next month or so interesting. The one thing that these signings might do is allow Rangers and Celtic to pull away from Killie and Aberdeen if they work out. 

I still have my doubts about our chances in the league but we might be on for a treble treble busting Cup win. 😉

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's the moon howlers who present their vague guesswork as fact and then project the future off the back of it that bore me. 

Well, I never presented any vague guesswork as fact.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, Scotty CTA said:

I believe Bournemouth were paying Defoe around 115K a week, so goodness knows what share Sevco are contributing toward that.

Even 25% (I meant 25K) would be a kick in the head.

36 years old... 8 appearances... 0 goals...

Looks like all the eggs are in the one basket now.

All or nothing.

It's all about their bias and wish fulfillment. 

OK, but let's look at your very next line...

Personally I'm hoping we got these guys for heehaw. However unrealistic that is. 

You get 'wishes' and we don't?

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

OK, but let's look at your very next line...

You get 'wishes' and we don't?

I was being facetious. That's was my wish fulfillment which, as I have said, has as many facts to back it up. 

King being on the board of a Rangers that got liquidated, then being the faux chairman of a now 6 1/2 year old Sevco would suggest that history is on my side.

Your own assessment...

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

However unrealistic...

...doesn't hurt, either.

Defoe is gonna cost you a whack.

King being on the board of a Rangers that got liquidated, then being the faux chairman of a now 6 1/2 year old Sevco would suggest that history is on my side.

Your own assessment...

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

However unrealistic...

...doesn't hurt, either.

Defoe is gonna cost you a whack.