Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 234 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The business Motherwell have done getting McCormack in shits all over anything going on at Ibrox.

(I’m not saying McCormack is 100% going to be a success at fir park, but given age and cost we are getting a much better deal than Rangers will be getting for Defoe with a similar chance of success)

We’re also punting a bit of dead wood and the boy coming from Forrest looks a talent...

Agreed.  McCormack is a great signing. 

I watched the promo video of the Forest lad - he does look good (although, I've yet to see a promo video make someone look bad!)

51 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Agreed.  McCormack is a great signing. 

I watched the promo video of the Forest lad - he does look good (although, I've yet to see a promo video make someone look bad!)

We had a boy from Belgium that barely kicked a balm for us, but had a promo video showing various angles of a goal from kick off in a shirts v bibs game.

:lol:

Just thought I’d throw it out there as the media would have you believe Defoe to Rangers was the only signing of note.

:p

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Greg Tansey given a free transfer by Aberdeen. 

That's our best bit of transfer news this window!

Feel a little sorry for him because he had a hernia (i think) misdiagnosed and mistreated which had him playing while unfit and then kept him out way longer than he should have been. He hasn't had much luck.

4 hours ago, slasher said:

This is only a completely unsubstantiated rumour so don't shoot the messenger but it was too good not to share..........

Shinnie going to the huns in the summer and it's being kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Could you imagine the meltdown on here 😂😂😋

He'd fit in perfectly there. He even has hun hair.

Guest faircity

How do Celtic keep getting work permits for these no marks? 

It used to be difficult getting them, for "lesser" clubs anyway. Did the criteria change? 

3 minutes ago, faircity said:

How do Celtic keep getting work permits for these no marks? 

It used to be difficult getting them, for "lesser" clubs anyway. Did the criteria change? 

Its the unseen Fenian hand effect 👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Vakoun Bayo to Celtic confirmed on a 4 year deal. Could be the next Didier Drogba............or the next Amido Balde.

Feck knows 😱

Decent goalscoring record this year.

The good thing is we now have a few forward options. Hopefully Burke and Weah do a job until the summer and Griffiths is back for next season. 

Also have a few to come back from injury. 

But yes, all focus should turn to finding a right-back.  

27 minutes ago, slasher said:

Looks like we're signing Gutman as well who was on trial at the huns a few weeks ago. Get a right back in and this is starting to shape up quite nicely 👍

What position is he and why didn't the Huns sign him?

Edit : quick Google says he's another young American left back. I hope we go for a RB and CB with more experience than "college soccer"

Edited by Scotland Ever More

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

What position is he and why didn't the Huns sign him?

Edit : quick Google says he's another young American left back. I hope we go for a RB and CB with more experience than "college soccer"

He has had an offer from the huns as well, looks like he must have patched it

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Michael O'Halloran is a free agent, released by his club in Australia. Possibly a good signing for St Mirren, Hamilton, Ayr or Dundee Utd ?

Wage thief. The boy has talent but no heart. If he's been released by an Australian club then he's obviously even worse now than he was at Ibrox. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The business Motherwell have done getting McCormack in shits all over anything going on at Ibrox.

(I’m not saying McCormack is 100% going to be a success at fir park, but given age and cost we are getting a much better deal than Rangers will be getting for Defoe with a similar chance of success)

We’re also punting a bit of dead wood and the boy coming from Forrest looks a talent...

I hope you are wrong come May, but going by the past super signings from England to scottish clubs are anything to go by, RFCcould be in deep shit in the summer.

8 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

...maybe Rangers' looking like they've thrown bit of a Hail Mary with Defoe (reported they are paying £30k a week?!) might be enough?  Can't help thinking that if Defoe doesn't work out or they don't cash in on Morelos, they'll be in even more financial difficulty?  

I believe Bournemouth were paying Defoe around 115K a week, so goodness knows what share Sevco are contributing toward that.

Even 25% would be a kick in the head.

36 years old... 8 appearances... 0 goals...

Looks like all the eggs are in the one basket now.

All or nothing.

I would be happy to see him (Wallace) at Aberdeen.  

Someone with a spine would be preferable.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably be delighted with all four at Aberdeen (Davis being the standout) - but i very much doubt i'd want it at the same cost as you'll be paying - even relatively.... 

It's interesting. I've seen a few figures quoted for Defoe’s Bournemouth salary and what we are paying. But absolutely nothing from an actual knowledgeable source. 

I prefer not to listen to the doom mongers and bull shitters on these boards as they generally know heehaw. 

You can start to work it out, though.

If you search Defoe's price tag to Bournemouth, the overwhelming return is 20M for a three year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/23/jermain-defoe-to-join-bournemouth-20m-three-year-deal

Take away a 2M signing fee and the remainder is 115,384K a week.

How much of that do you believe that Sevco will be picking up?

10% ? £ 11,538 a week. So, why would Bournemouth even agree to loan him for that (and pay over 100K a week for no return)?

15% ? £ 17,307 a week

20% ?  £ 23,077 a week

25% ? £ 28,846 a week

30% ? £ 34,615  a week

35%  ? £ 40,384 a week

Sevco have finally beaten Celtic in the League and they now appear to be going for broke for Champions League money.

It's a gamble where their very existence :yikes3: is at stake!!!

It'll probably start well v The Blue Brazil with Traynor milking it for all it's worth, but there'll still be the matter of the 17 remaining League fixtures.

Just gotta hope that the 34 and 36 year olds won't be susceptible to injury, and that they can preform like they did in their heyday (and don't flop like Joey Barton).

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's interesting. I've seen a few figures quoted for Defoe’s Bournemouth salary and what we are paying. But absolutely nothing from an actual knowledgeable source. 

I prefer not to listen to the doom mongers and bull shitters on these boards as they generally know heehaw. 

I’m not trying to bullshit hence the question marks after quoting £30k. It came from a decent source. I believe Defoe is on £65k at Bournemouth.