Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 228 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Pretty happy with Davis signing as he'll give us a bit of maturity in the middle of the park I think we're missing.  Still don't think he's the player to play the killer pass that we need.  Defoe looks good on paper but he's not played a lot of football recently which is worrying at his age and I've got concerns over how much he's costing us. 

Kamara I know nothing about so would be interested to hear the thoughts of the Dundee boys on here on him.  The only think I (think) know about him is that he's more of a defensive mid.  Given that we've got Jack, McCrorie, Coulibally, Rossiter and even Halliday that can play that role I'm not sure we need another. 

Jones I don't really see the point of.  He's never really impressed me much and we currently have Kent, Middleton, Candieas, Grezda and Murphy to come back who I would say all seem better options (jury probably still out on Grezda).  It's all very well adding depth to the squad but it needs to be adding quality too.

54 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Jones I don't really see the point of.  He's never really impressed me much and we currently have Kent, Middleton, Candieas, Grezda and Murphy to come back who I would say all seem better options (jury probably still out on Grezda).  It's all very well adding depth to the squad but it needs to be adding quality too.

Probably just the old firm tactic of making the opposition weaker.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d thought Defoe would’ve been a loan until end of season.

An 18 month contract for a 36 year old, who won’t be coming up here for petrol money seems a bit of a gamble.

It's an 18-month loan with options for it to be called short in the summer and next January

Edited by theweestevie

10 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It's an 18-month loan with options for it to be called short in the summer and next January

Ah! When I heard 18 months I presumed it was permanent.

Jim White currently creaming himself over this potential move on talk sport if you’re interested.

🤮

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Decent player for us. Doesn’t seem a good fit in footballing terms. Jones has been excellent for us at using space on the break to get us 50 yards up the park and draw fouls, but as noted by yourself and lots of others, pretty poor end product and decision making. I honestly don’t think it’s going to suit his style playing in a team that more often than not are facing a parked bus. As also mentioned, Kent and Middleton would be playing that role before him surely ? Strange one.

26 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Trying to change history again 😂😂😂 anybody that didn't leave Rangers the right way were called Rats and never welcome back at Ibrox 

Poor bastard Wallace was the only one who stuck by it, and look where he's at!

Anyway, seems that Efe Ambrose is for the off at Hibs.

20 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Defoe being linked with us worries me.  I think he's still in good nick for 36 and would probably do OK up here however he must be looking at astronomical wages even for a 6 month loan and we simply don't have that kind of money to throw around.

Has King convinced the 3 bears or whoever is paying for all this that there's a pot of Champions League gold at the end of the rainbow? Must have a bigger squad than Hearts now and most will be on a decent wage I imagine.

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

Trying to change history again 😂😂😂 anybody that didn't leave Rangers the right way were called Rats and never welcome back at Ibrox 

I didn't realise a couple of orange fucktards spoke for the entire Rangers support! 

Perhaps you should listen to the sensible majority instead of the raving looney minority? 

15 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Has King convinced the 3 bears or whoever is paying for all this that there's a pot of Champions League gold at the end of the rainbow? Must have a bigger squad than Hearts now and most will be on a decent wage I imagine.

We've got rid of 2 loan deals and have (so far) signed one loan deal with a potential permanent deal for Davis. 

So squad will not have changed size. I'll give you that the 2 coming in will cost more than those going out though. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Pretty happy with Davis signing as he'll give us a bit of maturity in the middle of the park I think we're missing.  Still don't think he's the player to play the killer pass that we need.  Defoe looks good on paper but he's not played a lot of football recently which is worrying at his age and I've got concerns over how much he's costing us. 

Kamara I know nothing about so would be interested to hear the thoughts of the Dundee boys on here on him.  The only think I (think) know about him is that he's more of a defensive mid.  Given that we've got Jack, McCrorie, Coulibally, Rossiter and even Halliday that can play that role I'm not sure we need another. 

Agree with most of that. I'm stronger on Defoe though. I'd be concerned if my club was signing a 36 year old who hadn't played in 8 months and scored just 4 goals in 24 games last season. 

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Agree with most of that. I'm stronger on Defoe though. I'd be concerned if my club was signing a 36 year old who hadn't played in 8 months and scored just 4 goals in 24 games last season. 

That's pretty much what I've said.

Guest faircity
5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Surely the jury can't be out on Grezda still? Allow me to be the spokesman for said jury. I hereby declare Grezda to be guilty of being one of the worst foreign imports to have graced Scottish football. Ever. 

Guest faircity
4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Ah! When I heard 18 months I presumed it was permanent.

Jim White currently creaming himself over this potential move on talk sport if you’re interested.

🤮

Jim White. 

True story here, if you look up the dictionary for the word lickspittle there is actually a picture of Jim White .

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Decent player for us. Doesn’t seem a good fit in footballing terms. Jones has been excellent for us at using space on the break to get us 50 yards up the park and draw fouls, but as noted by yourself and lots of others, pretty poor end product and decision making. I honestly don’t think it’s going to suit his style playing in a team that more often than not are facing a parked bus. As also mentioned, Kent and Middleton would be playing that role before him surely ? Strange one.

With the interest in Jones I wonder whether the rumours about signing Kent on a permanent basis are unfounded.

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You can see why I was confused, skirting around things isn't your usual MO on here!! :lol:

Your post was so nice and balanced that i felt "Defoe's going to be fucking pish!" would've been an out of place response :lol: 

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I couldn't see him staying at Killie after this season so am not really bothered if he moves to Ibrox to sit on the bench.

Fair play to him if he gets a decent deal for himself though.

4 hours ago, faircity said:

Surely the jury can't be out on Grezda still? Allow me to be the spokesman for said jury. I hereby declare Grezda to be guilty of being one of the worst foreign imports to have graced Scottish football. Ever. 

The boy is beyond awful. Keep hoping their is a player in there somewhere, but seems to get worse the more match fit he gets. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We've got rid of 2 loan deals and have (so far) signed one loan deal with a potential permanent deal for Davis. 

So squad will not have changed size. I'll give you that the 2 coming in will cost more than those going out though. 

I was going on the assumption that 4 (at least) were coming in when you already have a big squad, who would miss out if everyone was fit? Surely a couple more heading the other way?

5 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

I was going on the assumption that 4 (at least) were coming in when you already have a big squad, who would miss out if everyone was fit? Surely a couple more heading the other way?

With any luck some halwit will take Pena. 😜

12 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

I would take Lee Wallace to Pittodrie. What’s his situation?