Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 227 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

39 minutes ago, slasher said:

It does kinda seem that way. A sort of 'come back Bears, all is forgiven, come and join Dodgy Dave's EBT 11!'

On the flip side some of the names we are being linked with are absolutely terrifying.....Bayo, Burke and Porteous to name but 3! 😵

Defoe being linked with us worries me.  I think he's still in good nick for 36 and would probably do OK up here however he must be looking at astronomical wages even for a 6 month loan and we simply don't have that kind of money to throw around.

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Jayden Stockley signs for PNE for £750,000 from Exeter.

Wasn't very good at Aberdeen was he ?

How much did Aberdeen get for him?  Nowhere near that i expect.

Also seen that former u21 international Zak Jules has left Shrewsbury having had his contract terminated by mutual consent

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Also seen that former u21 international Zak Jules has left Shrewsbury having had his contract terminated by mutual consent

Apparwnrly there’s a sell on clause too :)

Defoe is a busted flush, he'll be sent back to Bournemouth in the summer. Davis on the other hand is a lovely footballer, I know he's not done much at Southampton this year, but he's still a technically good player that will improve them.

21 minutes ago, Mox said:

Defoe is a busted flush, he'll be sent back to Bournemouth in the summer. Davis on the other hand is a lovely footballer, I know he's not done much at Southampton this year, but he's still a technically good player that will improve them.

I'm not sure how Defoe will work out. Just thinking back to Barton, Kranjar etc. At the very least Morelos and Lafferty will be able to learn from him.

41 minutes ago, Mox said:

Pretty much my thoughts too. Davis is capable of the no 10 position so would definitely improve us and mitigate for Arfield injuries. 

Defoe may well be done but hopefully Morelos can learn from him. If he were able to pass on his poaching skills then El Buffalo may well endup worth the transfer figures previously quoted. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Defoe may well be done but hopefully Morelos can learn from him. If he were able to pass on his poaching skills then El Buffalo may well endup worth the transfer figures previously quoted. 

Defoe has always been a good finisher - usually technical skills are retained as players get older. Assuming that chances are created for him, I reckon that he'll be a good signing for Rangers and would provide much needed depth in that position. The last couple of seasons when he was playing regularly, at Sunderland, he scored fifteen goals in the Premier League with a very poor side. At worst, as you say, his experience would probably be very useful for Morelos to learn from.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Sold him for 90k and we now get £150k due to sell on article. He was a poor man’s Cosgrove!

54 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

As a vegan Defoe’s fitness and recovery will be exceptional. 

Feck that. Didn't know he was a Vegan. I don't want of his kind playing for my team....... 

😉