Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 224 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

9 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Utterly pathetic from Celtic. Fat lot of use £19m is in the bank when it can’t be spent until January. Terrible summer window, no ambition shown by the club and they’ve  meekly sat back and allowed Rangers to close the gap. Fucking idiots running the show and I’ll tell you all now there will be no 10 in a row and Brendan Rodgers will not be here much longer. I also don’t expect a Celtic win on Sunday.

Interesting. I don't think we are as good as folk are thinking yet and expect a Celtic win, albeit not a pumping. 

11 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Utterly pathetic from Celtic. Fat lot of use £19m is in the bank when it can’t be spent until January. Terrible summer window, no ambition shown by the club and they’ve  meekly sat back and allowed Rangers to close the gap. Fucking idiots running the show and I’ll tell you all now there will be no 10 in a row and Brendan Rodgers will not be here much longer. I also don’t expect a Celtic win on Sunday.

Yeah I'm pissed off at them too but you are overreacting a bit. It's done now and hopefully Dermot will bang some heads together and get us back on track.

Time to get behind the team! 💪

On 9/1/2018 at 12:26 AM, DaveyDenoon said:

Delighted to be proved wrong today. Should’ve won by more really.

BUT

Ten in a row is still there to be done, if the board back the manager and invest in the team. Unfortunately they seem happy to be a wee edge ahead of Rangers. We need to drive on and get the team strengthened again or there’s every chance of them winning a title out of the next three.

Celtic cannot afford the approach the next couple of transfer windows in the same way we approached this one where we seemed to be focussing only on saving a few quid. Pay the going rate, make sure of getting more talent in and make damn sure Rangers cannot catch up.

Well done today though, it’s not as bad as maybe it seemed when I wrote the above.

13 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Ten in a row is still there to be done, if the board back the manager and invest in the team. Unfortunately they seem happy to be a wee edge ahead of Rangers. We need to drive on and get the team strengthened again or there’s every chance of them winning a title out of the next three.

Based on what exactly?

6 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that if Celtic allow themselves to weaken much more and sell their best players without replacing them with players at least as good then rangers may well catch us up.

Standing still is going backwards.

47 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Based on the fact that if Celtic allow themselves to weaken much more and sell their best players without replacing them with players at least as good then rangers may well catch us up.

Standing still is going backwards.

Unless there is a massive improvement in Rangers or a massive collapse from Celtic then I just can't see it. This transfer window has been a setback (one I hope wont be repeated) and I'm sure I seen the words crisis on more than one occasion, yet Sunday was a stroll in the park. Anything can happen as they say, however it seems unlikely barring a monumental fuck up.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Oh, you are that daft. Fair enough. I mean, it's fairly simple to answer. Griffiths doesn't get heckled by Celtic fans because he is a Celtic player.

Exactly. But he is a dick both on and off the pitch. Yet he doesn't get the abuse from other teams fans. 

If Celtic fans weren't still harping on about the Tonev incident then they wouldn't constantly give out the abuse. 

To be clear I'm n out saying they are racists but they are supporting one. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Exactly. But he is a dick both on and off the pitch. Yet he doesn't get the abuse from other teams fans. 

If Celtic fans weren't still harping on about the Tonev incident then they wouldn't constantly give out the abuse. 

It's the worst side of football tribalism.

My team = good

other team = bad

rather than taking things on merit.

i don't really get involved in political debate, but if anything that seems to be worse for that sort of tribalism.

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Which Celtic fans constantly harp on about the Tonev incident?

Celtic heckled Shay Logan at the end of last season as he was acting like an arsehole and ended up getting himself sent off. Result? Celtic fans are racist.

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The only fans still harping on about the Tonev incident are non-Celtic fans.

Logan got abuse because a) he was being a d!ck and b) he was winding up Celtic fans while being a dick. He would have got the same abuse whether he was black, white, yellow, orange or green. He's now a panto villain. As is the likes of Scott Brown. Brown also gets abuse because he can also be a d!ck and he also winds up players/fans. Fans in general, especially inside football grounds, can overreact to things that they wouldn't give two hoots about outside a football ground.

Guest faircity
40 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Logan got abuse because a) he was being a d!ck and b) he was winding up Celtic fans while being a dick. He would have got the same abuse whether he was black, white, yellow, orange or green. He's now a panto villain. As is the likes of Scott Brown. Brown also gets abuse because he can also be a d!ck and he also winds up players/fans. Fans in general, especially inside football grounds, can overreact to things that they wouldn't give two hoots about outside a football ground.

Take yer blinkers off you neep. He has been getting abuse at every game since, if you are not honest enough to admit that then you are a lying trumpet.

Edited by faircity

23 minutes ago, faircity said:

Take yer blinkers off you neep. He has been getting abuse at every game since, if you are not honest enough to admit that then you are a lying trumpet.

I don't think anyone is disputing that really. What's your point here? People who don't give a toss if he's black or white can't give him a hard time for acting like an arsehole because of a previous incident?

He seems to revel in being the focus of attention when the two clubs meet. He gets roundly heckled accordingly. Not  everyone doing so is a racist. Far from it. To suggest so would make you a lying trumpet.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Spot on 👍

It's also important to note that plenty of Celtic fans backed Logan over the incident and wanted Tonev hunted. I should know I was one of them. There are more than a few others who have legitimate concern over the process by which he was convicted ( balance of probability) but I'm not one of them.

In everything Logan has done since he has been an attention seeking prat. In short the boys a dick! 

Edited by slasher

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that really. What's your point here? People who don't give a toss if he's black or white can't give him a hard time for acting like an arsehole because of a previous incident?

He seems to revel in being the focus of attention when the two clubs meet. He gets roundly heckled accordingly. Not  everyone doing so is a racist. Far from it. To suggest so would make you a lying trumpet.

This is pretty basic really.  Logan accused Tonev of racism. (Details of such and outcome are a completely separate issue.)  In the games following that, Logan gets lots of abuse from Celtic fans. To suggest the abuse in those games following the Tonev incident were not inextricable linked is a bit daft.  However, since then, through his actions and particular on the last day of last season, Logan has taken this issue to a new level.  I do not believe that Celtic fans are racist and I think this has now just developed into a genuine and indiscriminate hatred.  That said, you can't forget how this started and because of that link, I don't think it reflects well on Celtic or those fans still handing out the abuse.    

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

This is pretty basic really.  Logan accused Tonev of racism. (Details of such and outcome are a completely separate issue.)  In the games following that, Logan gets lots of abuse from Celtic fans. To suggest the abuse in those games following the Tonev incident were not inextricable linked is a bit daft.  However, since then, through his actions and particular on the last day of last season, Logan has taken this issue to a new level.  I do not believe that Celtic fans are racist and I think this has now just developed into a genuine and indiscriminate hatred.  That said, you can't forget how this started and because of that link, I don't think it reflects well on Celtic or those fans still handing out the abuse.    

Can't disagree with much of that, and I don't think I've tried to argue differently.

40 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Well summed up IMO. 

Tribalism and football!! Celtic fans arent racist?? I worked in enough jobs including the fire service to know that they are. Against anyone deemed to be 'british'. You know that too. I am scottish but dont pretend that the majority of their fans hate our country and fly the flags of another. Or am i wrong? Ireland? Could bot give a flying hoot. Scotland forever.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Tribalism and football!! Celtic fans arent racist?? I worked in enough jobs including the fire service to know that they are. Against anyone deemed to be 'british'. You know that too. I am scottish but dont pretend that the majority of their fans hate our country and fly the flags of another. Or am i wrong? Ireland? Could bot give a flying hoot. Scotland forever.

I've met more Huns in recent times with a rabid hatred of all things Scottish, than I have Celtic.