Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 216 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Hamilton have apparently come out with a Traynor like statement.  I haven't seen the statement so can't really comment on that.  However, they've pretty much embarrassed themselves throughout this affair.  Banding around figures of £1.2M when there's a very clear and prescriptive formula for working out what the compensation should be.  The precedent and formula was applied and the finding's given yesterday.  Not really sure what Hamilton thought was going to happen.

I'm not au fait with the process but from what I've read it sounds like you're right. 

I did find it odd that Hamilton had the £1.2m figure being bandied about. 

It's not like the boy has been setting the Heather on fire week in, week out. 

You guys on here should realise that it is only through people like myself and the other Gers on here is the only way to slowly work towards a better Rangers support who will sing football songs only.  I get why other teams hate our support, I really do.  But that shouldn't stop me from supporting the team I love.  Just the same as every club has arsehole supporters, but shouldn't stop the decent ones.  That would be giving in.  Anyway, sermon over and away to work!!

18 hours ago, slasher said:

Aberdeen confirm there has been no contact from Celtic......

Another example of lazy journalism or is it the usual media attempts to do old firm work for them, unsettle the lad in the hope his head might be turned towards a move??

What do Aberdeen fans rate as a fair price?? £10m straight up?? £5m + Christie + Morgan?? Something else?? 

44 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Another example of lazy journalism or is it the usual media attempts to do old firm work for them, unsettle the lad in the hope his head might be turned towards a move??

What do Aberdeen fans rate as a fair price?? £10m straight up?? £5m + Christie + Morgan?? Something else?? 

I think £10m is pie in the sky, we will never get that figure but by saying £10m it shows Aberdeen would need a very very serious offer to sell. Mckenna is such an integral part of the team now. I think we should decline any offers till next season when he has another year under his belt.

58 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Lastly, where is Kenny Miller going to re-appear?  Dundee might be favourite?

Alan Stubbs  said he wants to sign Miller

source - the man himself said t on sportsound

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with regards to McKenna. At the risk of repeating myself, the whole recruitment process and possibly the recruitment team needs restructuring, they clearly have no plan in place and don't know what they're doing.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with regards to McKenna. At the risk of repeating myself, the whole recruitment process and possibly the recruitment team needs restructuring, they clearly have no plan in place and don't know what they're doing.

I'd lay odds on Boyata being brought back into the fold with some EPL kid being brought in on loan and us going with what we have. Excluding whatever loan fees we shell out on Arzani and a.n other that leaves us with a net spend of £500k in this window. An absolute piss take by the board. I'll wait till the end of the window to judge but our business should have been done early with CL qualifiers in mind anyway......shambles!

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'd lay odds on Boyata being brought back into the fold with some EPL kid being brought in on loan and us going with what we have. Excluding whatever loan fees we shell out on Arzani and a.n other that leaves us with a net spend of £500k in this window. An absolute piss take by the board. I'll wait till the end of the window to judge but our business should have been done early with CL qualifiers in mind anyway......shambles!

If the alternative is shelling out £5mil(+?) on McKenna, I'd welcome Boyata back with open arms. The big tosser that he is.

11 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

If the alternative is shelling out £5mil(+?) on McKenna, I'd welcome Boyata back with open arms. The big tosser that he is.

I think that is what will happen. It seems that we've pissed about that long that our top targets have moved elsewhere. Apart from Edouard the manager asked for a centre half and a replacement for Armstrong. Big Pete has delivered neither and he nearly fucked up the Edouard deal even though it was a shoe in!

To be honest if the manager wants McKenna we should be going in with 4.5 m plus Christie plus keep Boyata. That at least would give us a bit of backbone this season. Our defenders KT apart are too soft.

Edited by slasher

2 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Hard to say since we've been woeful at selling players over the years (we did get almost a £1M for Archibald nearly 40 years ago though!). Probably £5m plus 2 from Allan, Christie, Morgan, any left-back they might have spare and a sell on. However I'd prefer he goes to England with a decent sell-on rather than Celtic benefitting from that in 2 or 3 years time. 

53 minutes ago, slasher said:

I think that is what will happen. It seems that we've pissed about that long that our top targets have moved elsewhere. Apart from Edouard the manager asked for a centre half and a replacement for Armstrong. Big Pete has delivered neither and he nearly fucked up the Edouard deal even though it was a shoe in!

To be honest if the manager wants McKenna we should be going in with 4.5 m plus Christie plus keep Boyata. That at least would give us a bit of backbone this season. Our defenders KT apart are too soft.

£6.5M + Hayes, Griffiths and a 4 four slice toaster.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Boyata travelled to Lithuania.

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

£6.5M + Hayes, Griffiths and a 4 four slice toaster.

Gid luck with that. Don't ask ye don't get I suppose.

I'm still not convinced there is anything in this but the way we've carried on in this window anything is possible!

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

Gid luck with that. Don't ask ye don't get I suppose.

I'm still not convinced there is anything in this but the way we've carried on in this window anything is possible!

Ok, just a two slice toaster then.

We're denying there's been any bid from Celtic so far......

Out of interest, What would Celtic value Griffiths at?

43 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Ok, just a two slice toaster then.

We're denying there's been any bid from Celtic so far......

Out of interest, What would Celtic value Griffiths at?

Wouldn't have a clue. His star has faded a bit since the double against England so guessing £5m maybe?

We've plenty of surplus if Aberdeen are looking for players bit Griffith's isn't one lol