Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 214 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Some cracking business done by us this week. All the possibles and what we needs missed or not met and Izzie back in. Wonderful stuff. The board fully deserve to miss out on CL football and it would not surprise me one bit if Rodgers ends up at somewhere like Newcastle or Watford.

21 hours ago, macy37 said:

Some cracking business done by us this week. All the possibles and what we needs missed or not met and Izzie back in. Wonderful stuff. The board fully deserve to miss out on CL football and it would not surprise me one bit if Rodgers ends up at somewhere like Newcastle or Watford.

Laughable stuff man, fucking laughable. I don't know why I'm surprised mind you, it's the same process every year and the same excuses rattled out time and time again and yet every summer I expect something different.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Laughable stuff man, fucking laughable. I don't know why I'm surprised mind you, it's the same process every year and the same excuses rattled out time and time again and yet every summer I expect something different.

Genuine question. What do Celtic actually do with the millions and millions of pounds that they make every year. 

I’m think coke and hookers galore for the directors. 

51 minutes ago, Marky said:

Genuine question. What do Celtic actually do with the millions and millions of pounds that they make every year. 

If they spent it on Coke and hookers I could get behind that.

18 hours ago, Marky said:

EUFA fines and legal fees on appealing everything and anything. 😀

Zac Clough from Notts Forrest being talked about for Hibees along with Mulumbo  interacting with a Hibee fan on twitter saying he can do what McGinn did for us!  Would love Mulumbo at Hibs, we desperately need a hard tackler in the midfield.  Take him or Kamara from Dundee.

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen close to completing the loan signing of Man Utd forward James Wilson. 

Don't know anything about the lad other then United just gave him a 4 year contract. 

Which implies he has something about him they think will develop. 

Could be a cracking deal in it for the Dons. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Don't know anything about the lad other then United just gave him a 4 year contract. 

Which implies he has something about him they think will develop. 

Could be a cracking deal in it for the Dons. 

His contract ends next summer. I think it was Van Gaal that gave him his big contract (£30k/wk apparently). 

Hopefully he's coming to try and show some new suitors he's worth something close to that wage. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

His contract ends next summer. I think it was Van Gaal that gave him his big contract (£30k/wk apparently). 

Hopefully he's coming to try and show some new suitors he's worth something close to that wage. 

Yep, the comments from Warren Joyce are a bit concerning regarding his attitude, so hopefully the penny has dropped.

Just now, Cove_Sheep said:

Yep, the comments from Warren Joyce are a bit concerning regarding his attitude, so hopefully the penny has dropped.

Being sick on the pitch BEFORE a New Year's Day match doesn't suggest he's the most professional. 

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Being sick on the pitch BEFORE a New Year's Day match doesn't suggest he's the most professional. 

Footballers are often accused of living in a bubble and not being able to relate to the ordinary working fan so this type of stuff will endear Wilson to the dandy lads.

29 minutes ago, Mox said:

Footballers are often accused of living in a bubble and not being able to relate to the ordinary working fan so this type of stuff will endear Wilson to the dandy lads.

He's already my favourite player. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I totally misread that earlier. Thought it was a new contract. 

In that case, a bit more of a gamble then. 

Must have shown some potential previously though so time will tell. 

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I totally misread that earlier. Thought it was a new contract. 

In that case, a bit more of a gamble then. 

Must have shown some potential previously though so time will tell. 

He was very well thought of and looked like he would make a serious push for a place in the first team. Scored a couple on his debut when Giggs was caretaker and then LVG gave him a new deal.

He then seemed to pick up a series of injuries which derailed his career a fair bit and he never seemed to recover from that, and then there were the accusations from Joyce.

If he can stay fit then he'll be an excellent signing for Aberdeen.