Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 213 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 8/7/2018 at 7:27 AM, giblet said:

Apparently we are trying to resign Izaguirre which is just baffling. I've said it before and I'll say it again, whoever is in charge of recruitment at Celtic needs their jotters, every year it's the same pin the nail on the donkey approach. 

31 minutes ago, Mox said:

Apparently we are trying to resign Izaguirre which is just baffling. I've said it before and I'll say it again, whoever is in charge of recruitment at Celtic needs their jotters, every year it's the same pin the nail on the donkey approach. 

And Denayer as well it seems.

1 minute ago, Jersey Jim said:

So St Mirrens biggest ever transfer fee received will be from a deal between 2 other clubs. 

To be fair Aberdeen have a 30% sell on clause in Ryan Fraser's contract so if he goes for anything north of £10M (which is entirely possible), he'd be double our biggest transfer fee too!  I'd imagine it's also the scenario whereby Celtic have made their biggest transfers?

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

To be fair Aberdeen have a 30% sell on clause in Ryan Fraser's contract so if he goes for anything north of £10M (which is entirely possible), he'd be double our biggest transfer fee too!  I'd imagine it's also the scenario whereby Celtic have made their biggest transfers?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Saints fan and totally delighted McGinn has moved to Villa, great bit of business by our former chairman.

With his brother Stephen captaining us to the championship last season and the 3rd brother Paul playing well for us I think it’s time for a statue of Mrs McGinn to be commissioned at St Mirren Park. 🤣

12 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Celtic sold VVD for £13m and got 10% of the profit of his £75m move so I think they still make more from actual transfers.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm worried we might lose either O'Donnell or Jones today.

I'd much rather keep SOD.

Whats the Mulumbo situation?  a lot of Hibees saying that is who we are going for but I cant see it myself as I reckon he will be trying to get at least a Championship club?

25 minutes ago, giblet said:

Whats the Mulumbo situation?  a lot of Hibees saying that is who we are going for but I cant see it myself as I reckon he will be trying to get at least a Championship club?

Still a free agent.

He's been offered a deal by us but he'll get much more elsewhere.