Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 210 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

51 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

And it's nice to see him get a moved to a bigger club.

If squad size is anything to go by we aren't in the top ten big clubs in Aberdeen.⛷️

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Some rumours going about just now that Phil Foden has been in Aberdeen. Apparently a Man City “wonderkid”

They are only wonderkids if they are interesting Celtic or Rangers. 

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye. It’s no chance of happening. 

Louis Moult more realistic I’d have thought, apparently he’s been given the number 9 jersey at Preston, not sure if that means anything these days mind you...

23 hours ago, giblet said:

Hibees turn down third bud fro Celtic.  £2 million this time.

theow in Allan and Christie with that and it’s a deal.

I don’t understand why we are even bothering with him. He’ll be about 6th best choice so why spend that amount and his salary when we could get him for free and we need other areas of the side strengthened.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

I don’t understand why we are even bothering with him. He’ll be about 6th best choice so why spend that amount and his salary when we could get him for free and we need other areas of the side strengthened.

For the exact same reason as Hayes, Ciftci, GMS etc etc. So another team won’t have him, we all k ow he won’t play every week and will be in Dundee on loan in a couple of years, but that’s just how football works. 

Then the manager will moan about lack of competition for European preparations and finally, sign the next half decent player to break through and do the whole thing again. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

For the exact same reason as Hayes, Ciftci, GMS etc etc. So another team won’t have him, we all k ow he won’t play every week and will be in Dundee on loan in a couple of years, but that’s just how football works. 

Then the manager will moan about lack of competition for European preparations and finally, sign the next half decent player to break through and do the whole thing again. 

I'd disagree. McGinn has a lot more to offer us than Ciftci and GMS ever would have. He's clearly not the finished article, but under Rodgers I'll be interested to see how he comes on. We've have a lot of Celtic experienced players coming to the end of their days in the next few seasons, so having someone like McGinn there, who might stay on as long as Brown has, would be a positive. Just not at the price Hibs want mind.

Left Hayes out since the poor effer has been crocked recently. He likely will join alongside Ciftci and GMS though.

Hibees with a Croatian forward on trial, Ivan Lendric.  Love an unknown foreign player on trial during transfer season.  Leads to searches on youtube where you get fellow fans passing comment on the odd goal here and there with "looks a player" comments. 

9 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Daily Neil reporting Martyn Waghorn being linked to a move away to Derby. Talking about a fee of £8 million! Hope someone at Rangers had put in a sell on clause.

I think we all know they won't have!

On 7/24/2018 at 7:36 AM, dandydunn said:

Bit rich of an Aberdeen fan to use Dundee as an example of a club loaning players. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Bit rich of an Aberdeen fan to use Dundee as an example of a club loaning players. 

Calm yerself petal, you got your period or something? It was the first city that came to mind, don’t take it so personally. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Calm yerself petal, you got your period or something? It was the first city that came to mind, don’t take it so personally. 

Perfectly calm, if there’s one club that comes to mind for using the loan system in my mind it’s Aberdeen. You guys had several last season. 

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 12:26 PM, Ormond said:

Saints sign 23 year old ex-Killie and Everton winger Matty Kennedy. Decent signing for us. Played every single level for Scotland bar the big team.

Cannae believe he's only 23, seems like years since he played for us. Showed a lot of potential though.

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Perfectly calm, if there’s one club that comes to mind for using the loan system in my mind it’s Aberdeen. You guys had several last season. 

Aren’t you Dees and sheep meant to have a big love in on here? Get back around that campfire singing Kumbaya. 😊