Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 207 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

10 hours ago, giblet said:

First bid from Celtic for McGinn turned down according to Sky. Rumour it’s £2 million.

Hope we get some bidding from down South. Can’t argue as to what Celtic are trying to do, some rival bids should get us hopefully double that.

Hibs fans are wanting £4mil for a McGinn with 1 year left on his contract?:blink:

12 minutes ago, giblet said:

How long did Armstrong have left on his?

A year but Armstrong had far more experience playing at a higher level.

Don't really think you can compare the two as Armstrong is in his peak years whilst McGinn still has a few doubts about his ability as folk have mentioned.

Hibs will get nowhere near £4m for McGinn but they are entitled to ask for it.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

How long did Armstrong have left on his?

1 year. If you discount the fact he was playing at a higher level, has European experience (no matter how negative that experience was:lol:), seems to be more valuable to his national team, and was sold to England, then the situation is fairly similar.

The above isn't even taking into account that Hibs losing McGinn for nothing would hurt them a hell of a lot more than Celtic losing Armstrong for nothing would have.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

A year but Armstrong had far more experience playing at a higher level.

Don't really think you can compare the two as Armstrong is in his peak years whilst McGinn still has a few doubts about his ability as folk have mentioned.

Hibs will get nowhere near £4m for McGinn but they are entitled to ask for it.

I tend to agree.  Appreciate there's the EPL premium being paid by Southampton too.  However, the disparity between £7M and £1.5M seems fairly excessive.  

5 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Bruno Alves off to Parma

Fantastic. Even if there's no fee it certainly saves a wedge in his over inflated wages. 

The slow pace of Italian football should suit him better too. 

Doesn't look like we'll have anyone new in before this first CL deadline. The club apparently 'haggling' over McGinn and Liverpool asking for guaranteed game time for Wilson ( no chance of that after the Musonda debacle ).

Ach well, cannae say I'm too bothered about either to be honest.

Edited by slasher

23 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good start for stevey g last nite. 41000 there. Incredibal.

I wonder if playing it on the Friday night was anything to do with something on the Saturday that would have seriously damaged the attendance figure?

54 minutes ago, giblet said:

Hibs signed Stevie Mallan on a 4 year deal.  

Lost his way at Barnsley, interested to see how he does back up here.

Fantastic player at St Mirren, really surprised things never worked out for him at Barnsley, will be a great signing for you if he rediscovers his Saints form, I think you were close to signing at the end of your championship winning season but he opted to go South instead.

22 hours ago, macy37 said:

I wonder if playing it on the Friday night was anything to do with something on the Saturday that would have seriously damaged the attendance figure?

I think there was a walk up paisley road way on Saturday plus Trnsmit on in town centre, so may have been a police/council decision?

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think there was a walk up paisley road way on Saturday plus Trnsmit on in town centre, so may have been a police/council decision?

I think the walk is what Macy is getting at and it would have taken a large chunk off the crowd.

TRNSMT wasn't on, on Saturday. It was on Fri/Sun but couldn't get license on Saturday due to 1,000s of mutants peddling their hatred/taking up police resource.

Sub human scum.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think the walk is what Macy is getting at and it would have taken a large chunk off the crowd.

TRNSMT wasn't on, on Saturday. It was on Fri/Sun but couldn't get license on Saturday due to 1,000s of mutants peddling their hatred/taking up police resource.

Sub human scum.

Aye, I got the point.

:lol:

Hadn't realised that about Transmit. What a farce.

Mandarin bastards!

😛

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sub human scum.

I went to West Brewery on the Green a few years back for a tour day out with the lads. Had no idea it was on. Day totally spoiled by being in amongst these horrible cunts and their young kids who were dressed the same. An unforgettable experience for all the  wrong reasons.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

I went to West Brewery on the Green a few years back for a tour day out with the lads. Had no idea it was on. Day totally spoiled by being in amongst these horrible cunts and their young kids who were dressed the same. An unforgettable experience for all the  wrong reasons.

I was in town Saturday lunchtime to get a train from Central - mutant's all over the shop.

PS - West is normally a lovely spot for a beer.