Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 205 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why sign a prick like this? It's not like he's even got the possible mitigation (not in my eyes I should say) of being a great player. 

It's a strange one....so much positivity then they do this? He's hardly kicked a ball in years which makes it all the stranger.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's a strange one....so much positivity then they do this? He's hardly kicked a ball in years which makes it all the stranger.

Exactly. Its either an old pals act with Gerrard or desperation already. Either way he's not the sort of person I want to see Rangers signing. 

Think I'll wander over to see St Mirren a few times this season instead. 

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Also plays in the same position as their captain, unless Flanagan is a cheap replacement?

Think all the paper talk about Tav going to the greatest league in the world for multiple millions of pounds has made them look for a replacement...

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Also plays in the same position as their captain, unless Flanagan is a cheap replacement?

I'm pretty sure Tav won't be the captain next season.  I'd imagine it'll possibly be McGregor or Goldson who seems quite highly rated.

I'm loving Rangers signing all these boys who haven't played in Scotland before. I wonder if they'll manage to sneak above Hibs again this season. 

Crack on, lads. 

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm loving Rangers signing all these boys who haven't played in Scotland before. I wonder if they'll manage to sneak above Hibs again this season. 

Crack on, lads. 

Clinging to straws plife. U have the tone of a condemned man recently. U know the natural order will be restored this season and the teddy bears will be watching the league from the top. Happy Fridaye.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Clinging to straws plife. U have the tone of a condemned man recently. U know the natural order will be restored this season and the teddy bears will be watching the league from the top. Happy Fridaye.

You better hope that the "natural order" isn't restored. As a guy with your condition(s) will be at the very bottom of the food chain. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

You better hope that the "natural order" isn't restored. As a guy with your condition(s) will be at the very bottom of the food chain. 

Sticks and stones boy. Sticks and stones. When anyone resorts to personal insults they have lost the argument. Think about that over the weekend ☺

1 hour ago, Stoory said:

Armstrong looks like he's heading to southampton in a £7 million deal, good bit of business for Celtic with only a year left on his contract.

Even though he was in and out of the team last season, we will be a poorer team without him. Lets hope some of that money goes towards a right back and a centre half.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Ehmmm ...Who the fuck is he?

Top youth goal scorer in Italy back in 2013. At not done much since seemingly. Was sent out on loan to Breda in January.

Seemingly another Breda old boy though, Brandon Baker, will be joining.

More excited about that one, if it comes through.

34 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I fail to believe £7m is the correct price for Armstrong. If it is it’s a good bit of business. 

Agree. Clearly doesn't want to be there and probably our 5th choice CM after Brown, McGregor, Rogic and Ntcham. 

Only annoying thing is Cairney is rated at £20m and he's a similar level player. We need to make sure the sell on % is good again. 

37 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agree. Clearly doesn't want to be there and probably our 5th choice CM after Brown, McGregor, Rogic and Ntcham. 

Only annoying thing is Cairney is rated at £20m and he's a similar level player. We need to make sure the sell on % is good again. 

Seeing a lot of Celtic fans on twitter baulking at the thought of paying in excess of £3 million for Sir John McGinn yet pointing out the prices of Cairney and Maddison in comparison to the paltry £7 million they are getting for Armstrong.

despite at this point McGinn would probably be ahead of Armstrong and Cairney for a Scotland place.

15 minutes ago, giblet said:

Seeing a lot of Celtic fans on twitter baulking at the thought of paying in excess of £3 million for Sir John McGinn yet pointing out the prices of Cairney and Maddison in comparison to the paltry £7 million they are getting for Armstrong.

despite at this point McGinn would probably be ahead of Armstrong and Cairney for a Scotland place.

I'd be happy to sign McGinn. I also think McGinn would benefit from a move now, whether that is to Celtic or England. 

I think we are more likely to sign some youth midfielder we've never heard of from one of elite clubs in Europe.