Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 197 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

If the average life is (say) 70 years, then we'll be in heaven, hell (or the grave) for a lot, lot, lot longer than that.

Time is a human concept which is only important to us when alive. 

If anything comes after this it probably won't be similar. So it can't be compared. 

And if it's nothing that comes after then you won't be experiencing it. 

21 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

So the non-human experience is longer than the human experience?

No Scotty. Read my post carefully. You can't comprehend what comes after as it will be "different" and can't be compared. 

Whether you're right or I'm right it's a nonsense to compare the two. 

On 5/20/2018 at 3:46 PM, Scotty CTA said:

If the average life is (say) 70 years, then we'll be in heaven, hell (or the grave) for a lot, lot, lot longer than that.

Like being at a party with a Black Lace compilation CD on repeat play and you cant leave

it will be the same as before you were born - Nothing

And not the nothing that something comes from

Aberdeen have announced that 5,000 have signed up to their AberDNA scheme. With fans contributing between £12 and £18 a month. 

A big boost in turnover for the club. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen have announced that 5,000 have signed up to their AberDNA scheme. With fans contributing between £12 and £18 a month. 

A big boost in turnover for the club. 

What do they get for that? Is it a move towards fan ownership, or just a means of wringing some more cash out the fans?

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

What do they get for that? Is it a move towards fan ownership, or just a means of wringing some more cash out the fans?

The latter. A free shirt and a discount off a season book. 

Makes me feel less guilty about only going to Pittodrie 8 times last season though :lol: 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No Scotty. Read my post carefully. You can't comprehend what comes after as it will be "different" and can't be compared. 

Whether you're right or I'm right it's a nonsense to compare the two. 

Speaking of reading posts carefully... The subject is 'time'.

All that you'd have to believe is that more than 70 years of time on planet earth will exist after a person is born.

Our time on terra firma is relatively a snap of the fingers.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

For me personally:

Free home top

15% off merchandise and corporate package

15% off season ticket, 50% for my 10 year old

Chance for him to be a mascot

Extra 40 loyalty points

These are the main things for me, £26 a month for us both, but with the discounts, I estimate it’ll cost me less than £100 for the year. 

Theres been a lot of debate on it from fans, but like everything, it’ll suit some more than others. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

For me personally:

Free home top

15% off merchandise and corporate package

15% off season ticket, 50% for my 10 year old

Chance for him to be a mascot

Extra 40 loyalty points

These are the main things for me, £26 a month for us both, but with the discounts, I estimate it’ll cost me less than £100 for the year. 

Theres been a lot of debate on it from fans, but like everything, it’ll suit some more than others. 

Sounds like it’s not terrible if you can make use of the benefits.

Im not completely against these things, but charity begins at home for me.

Ive signed my oldest son up for the ‘well society, but it’s only £40 a year, gets 2 free tickets, chance to be a mascot, discount in club shops, 5 cup final tickets... :lol:

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Sounds like it’s not terrible if you can make use of the benefits.

Im not completely against these things, but charity begins at home for me.

Ive signed my oldest son up for the ‘well society, but it’s only £40 a year, gets 2 free tickets, chance to be a mascot, discount in club shops, 5 cup final tickets... :lol:

I agree, I just felt like I could justify it this 12 months and do my bit, but next year may be different. 

I’ve renewed our season tickets, saving about £65, got a top, saving £50 and had about £15 off of his kit, so that’s roughly 1/3 of my money back already. 

I also forgot to mention that founding members get a logo on the back of their top and their name in the tunnel when it’s decorated over the close season, money can’t buy that shit 🤣

Edited by dandydunn

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Example - Robbie Burns died in 1796 at the age of 37, and more than 37 years have passed since his death.

Therefore, Robbie Burns has been dead a lot longer than he was alive.

You still don't get it. That's from your viewpoint. From Rabbie Burns viewpoint it's utterly different. 

Time may not exist after you die, from your viewpoint. How other people perceive it is immaterial. 

3 hours ago, duncan II said:

"Robbie" Burns?!

It's my accent. :wink2:

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You still don't get it. That's from your viewpoint.

It's the only one I've got.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

From Rabbie Burns viewpoint it's utterly different. 

Yes, I believe him to be outside of time, but going out on a limb, I believe eternity to be a little longer than 37 years.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How other people perceive it is immaterial. 

It's not uncommon for the living to mark the anniversary of the passing of a loved one.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Will they move it to the new stadium?

Not sure. It simply states the 'Tunnel at Pittodrie' for the moment from memory.

DD is correct though, in that it has lead to quite a bit of debate within the support, with not too much negativity......I don't think / haven't seen!

Geography dictates that my home games are sadly now around the 8-10 mark per season - £18 per month makes me feel a little less guilty too.

I believe it represents around £500/600k pa

There's a wee bit more on here https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna if you're interested / bored at work ;) 

Edited by Redz

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So, what about Martin Skrtel?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What about Skrtel? As far as I've read it's been the journos and some rocket fans claiming we were after him and the only official comment from Rangers was "we haven't bid for him", when asked if we'd bid.

Has something else been reported?