Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 124 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Putting it in an Aberdeen context for you

"I can assure you i'm no fan of sky or the premier league. most of their success came when football was an entirely different game in the 1980s, to compare that to the modern game is, well its pretty stupid. "

I bet you think the 'modern game' started when aberdeen won a few trophies.

Do you actually have a point? You're post make sure no sense

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Putting it in an Aberdeen context for you

"I can assure you i'm no fan of sky or the premier league. most of their success came when football was an entirely different game in the 1980s, to compare that to the modern game is, well its pretty stupid. "

I bet you think the 'modern game' started when aberdeen won a few trophies.

I think the initial lure of going to a bigger club and a hefty pay rise potentially, was there, hence he spoke to them.  However, when you dig deeper, it is a huge risk and he could ruin his career for the foreseeable.  Much better off staying where he is and continuing to make himself be 'wanted' by other clubs, until the 'right move' presents itself.  I think their history is irrelevant, there is just too much wrong at the club at the moment, from a new manager perspective.  He will get his big chance if he continues to build Aberdeen.  

18 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I think the initial lure of going to a bigger club and a hefty pay rise potentially, was there, hence he spoke to them.  However, when you dig deeper, it is a huge risk and he could ruin his career for the foreseeable.  Much better off staying where he is and continuing to make himself be 'wanted' by other clubs, until the 'right move' presents itself.  I think their history is irrelevant, there is just too much wrong at the club at the moment, from a new manager perspective.  He will get his big chance if he continues to build Aberdeen.  

Good to see you admit you were talking pish :ok: 

On 6/16/2017 at 0:07 PM, BlueGaz said:

Great statement from the club, strange from Mcinnes as it probably came down to the fact they wouldn't  give him the money he wanted, but had to say all that I suppose, to keep the fans onside.

Great keep though :ok:

On 6/16/2017 at 1:09 PM, BlueGaz said:

:lol:  You don't go and speak to another team, then come back and say what he said.  These things are about money. 

On 6/16/2017 at 1:28 PM, BlueGaz said:

:lol::lol:  I see that, because Aberdeen have better training facilities from when he started.  Feck all to do with the deal Sunderland offered.  If its not about money, I will accept Sunderland don't have as good training facilities as The Famous.

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good to see you admit you were talking pish :ok: 

I hadn't wound you up for a while and felt a bit left out of your other disagreements.  Wanted to get back involved.  :ok:

3 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Keith Lasley's boots hung up as he becomes Motherwell assistant manager. We'll miss your silky football Keith.

Seriously tho, great servant to the club. 

Great to hear that. A dirtier, more cowardly player you will struggle to find. 

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I find it odd that folk don't think Burton could offer that weekly salary. 

Really? Their turnover in their last accounts is £4.4m, less than 1/3 that of Aberdeen. 

English Championship teams spend waaaay more than they actually have though. 

11 hours ago, slasher said:

Jeez, the baws bust! To be fair I hadn't realised Burton were in the Championship. Other than keeping track of Scotland players I really don't pay any attention to English football.

I was told on saturday that there are two clubs in the league i watch ( conference north ) that have players on £75,000 a year or more he wouldnt say which clubs but i would guess at york and salford

Ian

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Really? Their turnover in their last accounts is £4.4m, less than 1/3 that of Aberdeen. 

English Championship teams spend waaaay more than they actually have though. 

You've answered yourself there. Very little in difference to teams like Donny, Rotherham etc. That tv cash helps make it happen.

24 minutes ago, hoofitharder said:

I was told on saturday that there are two clubs in the league i watch ( conference north ) that have players on £75,000 a year or more he wouldnt say which clubs but i would guess at york and salford

Ian

Ebbsfleet United's - runners up in last year's Conference South - salary budget last year was around £1.9 million, that's the entire wage bill so includes management and off the field staff as well.   They're owned by Kuwaitis who have been spunking money there for the last few years.

i suspect they maybe had a few players on that sort of money - possibly more - but they were a real exception in the division.

As a comparison, Maidenhead's - who won the league - budget was closer to £250k.

I doubt that there are any players in next year's Conference South on anything like that.

Mind you, Gary Abbott was supposed to be on £75k at Aldershot in the old Ryman Premier 20 years ago.

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ebbsfleet United's - runners up in last year's Conference South - salary budget last year was around £1.9 million, that's the entire wage bill so includes management and off the field staff as well.   They're owned by Kuwaitis who have been spunking money there for the last few years.

i suspect they maybe had a few players on that sort of money - possibly more - but they were a real exception in the division.

As a comparison, Maidenhead's - who won the league - budget was closer to £250k.

I doubt that there are any players in next year's Conference South on anything like that.

Mind you, Gary Abbott was supposed to be on £75k at Aldershot in the old Ryman Premier 20 years ago.

Makes you wonder why Kuwaitis would want to invest in a minor league English team ?

47 minutes ago, macy37 said:

You've answered yourself there. Very little in difference to teams like Donny, Rotherham etc. That tv cash helps make it happen.

In what way has he answered himself?

Surely teams with significantly smaller turnovers are in no sustainable position to better wages?

57 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The tv cash isn't much. As I said, their turnover is only £4.5 million. Teams in the English Championship often spend +150% of turnover on wages. It's a ticking time bomb for those that don't fluke their way to the EPL. 

34 minutes ago, fringo said:

Makes you wonder why Kuwaitis would want to invest in a minor league English team ?

Indeed, especially as the area around it is a complete shitehole. 

However, they've plans to build a hotel and some sort of theme park around the ground which sounds mad until you factor in that it's right next to Ebbsfleet International station where the Eurostars stop and where you can also get a high speed train to St Pancras in just under 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Indeed, especially as the area around it is a complete shitehole. 

However, they've plans to build a hotel and some sort of theme park around the ground which sounds mad until you factor in that it's right next to Ebbsfleet International station where the Eurostars stop and where you can also get a high speed train to St Pancras in just under 20 minutes.

Ah. Maybe method in their madness.

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The tv cash isn't much. As I said, their turnover is only £4.5 million. Teams in the English Championship often spend +150% of turnover on wages. It's a ticking time bomb for those that don't fluke their way to the EPL. 

This might sound a bit strange but apparently an attraction of Burton Albion for a lot of players is that the train at St Georges Park, the new FA training centre.  I suppose though if you're a player, the training ground is where you'd be spending most of your time.