Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 52 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Simunovic having a medical at Torino now....shady Croatian mafia moves afoot here! Where's Dejan?

Shame because I think he's a good player. However, he seems to get injured a lot and if we can get our money back it won't be too bad. 

22 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm including the three you mention. You'll notice I mention "value for money" in my post. The three mentioned will be on higher wages combined than the 11 players you faced in Hamilton, Killie and Motherwell. You failed to beat 2 of those and got a last minute winner against the other. 

Apologies for the delay in replying but this quote function is doing my head in! 

The results are not really a concern just now. The performance is. 

It's still very early in the season but Kranjcar has already proved his worth despite being unfit.

Barton didn't have a full pre-season due to his summer commitments and it shows. That and Warburton doesn't seem to know how to use him properly yet.

I'd agree Hill looks like a waste of cash. Hopefully his wages are minimal. 

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Over £1,000,000,000 in transfer fees spent in the EPL, Sky sports seem to be proud of this. I really don't get why people get excited by this nonsense.

Because Sky tells them to. There's an enormous amount of fvcktards who do whatever Sky Sports tell them to. 

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Because Sky tells them to. There's an enormous amount of fvcktards who do whatever Sky Sports tell them to. 

I know a guy who comes into one of our offices every transfer deadline day with a yellow tie on.................................................. like Jim White

I am not kidding

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know a guy who comes into one of our offices every transfer deadline day with a yellow tie on.................................................. like Jim White

I am not kidding

That is quite funny.

55 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am not kidding

47 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That is quite funny.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

In a "what a fecking sad act" kind of way? 

Reminds me of the story of the guy who wore a suit when his team got to the cup final in Champ Manager! :lol:

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

Depends on the audience I suppose.

Working in an office can be boring, if it lightens up his or someone else's day, it's a bit of harmless fun.

thats the way I see it but any other day he just annoys me with his "in depth" knowledge of Arsenal and any other EPL team. He basically repeats what Redknapp and Henry say, he hasn't kicked a ball in his life or been to see any local side.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Reminds me of the story of the guy who wore a suit when his team got to the cup final in Champ Manager! :lol:

On another forum I frequent a guy admitted to doing one of the open top bus tours of the city he lives in after winning a cup in Football Manager. :lol:

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

thats the way I see it but any other day he just annoys me with his "in depth" knowledge of Arsenal and any other EPL team. He basically repeats what Redknapp and Henry say, he hasn't kicked a ball in his life or been to see any local side.

Exactly. An absolute sad act who think fitbaw is a TV show. 

Aberdeen apparently trying to get a 19 year old midfielder on loan from Norwich - James Madison. 

I'd rather a big hard, dirty b@st@rd in the middle of the park. 

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen apparently trying to get a 19 year old midfielder on loan from Norwich - James Madison. 

I'd rather a big hard, dirty b@st@rd in the middle of the park. 

Disna say much for our youngsters that we'd rather pay to develop an EFL Academy player. He doesn't exactly fit the Lee Richardson type mould going by what info I can find on him, how can it not be obvious to those at the club that is more important? Maybe we are planning on bringing in 2 players today?

23 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers didn't say he failed a medical, Rangers said the deal broke down for personal reasons.

22 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I've just checked the RFC website and the BBC and neither platform states that Rangers said he failed a medical. " the defender failed his medical, BBC Scotland understands", is as good as it gets and even that's hardly definitive.

"That's the facts" indeed. "I am not really seeing anything which isn't there am I?" Er, yes actually, you are.

Anyway, moving on from Sheddy's continuing, flattering devotion.

From a good source (a family member of his) Marvin Johnson wants to move to Oxford United and his pregnant girlfriend will move down with him after she has their child. I revealed this information two weeks ago to my mate who's a sports journalist with the Motherwell Times but he chose not to run with it. ;)

all I am saying is the failed medical line and the personal reasons line were horseshit. Robert Matteo has confirmed the deal failed due to failure to agree terms. why the spin?  why not just say we couldn't agree terms? he passed a medical for AEK and he moved to Greece slightly further from his family than Glasgow. that's the facts Wolfy. If Utd cant afford a player they say they cant afford him cos we are skint.  I am flattered that you are flattered but my devotion is to the truth not your club and its continual spin.

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

all I am saying is the failed medical line and the personal reasons line were horseshit. Robert Matteo has confirmed the deal failed due to failure to agree terms. why the spin?  why not just say we couldn't agree terms? he passed a medical for AEK and he moved to Greece slightly further from his family than Glasgow. that's the facts Wolfy. If Utd cant afford a player they say they cant afford him cos we are skint.  I am flattered that you are flattered but my devotion is to the truth not your club and its continual spin.

You know as much as I do, which is f*ck all, so the fact you are choosing to believe Matteo is wholly unsurprising and typical of your odd anti-Rangers stance on anything and everything, even though Rangers themselves didn't say that he had failed a medical. As I said though, I take it as flattery.

What I suspect happened (and it's my opinion only, based on what I've read) is that 'something' showed up in the medical and Rangers then tried to move the goalposts in terms of the deal on offer, perhaps moving towards something more akin to "pay as you play" or similar. The fact that Warburton was photographed in England meeting him, we then had him up in Glasgow and a deal was expected pending the medical gives me comfort that we could "afford him" and that we simply chose to be more cautious based on new information. I'm quite comfortable with that. You apparently prefer the "Rangers must be skint" angle, which is your prerogative.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:22 AM, ShedTA said:

That's not really the full story is it FB? Rangers and the Scottish media claimed he failed a medical. very strange since Aston villas owner said that was shite. 

1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

I could be picking you up wrong here but you did say Rangers claimed he failed a medical when there is no evidence to back that up.  Lets face it, none of us know what the "personal reasons" are.  I've heard loads of rumours from Rangers changing the deal at the last minute due to the state of his knees to Lescott asking for more money at the last minute.  Whatever the real reason is, I doubt Lescott would have been up here undergoing a medical if he wasn't at least offered something which initially was satisfactory.  I also find it highly unlikely that Rangers would make an offer and then go "actually, we can't afford it" for no reason.  The double standards from people towards Rangers signing policy is laughable.  If they sign Barton or Krancjar on (supposedly) big wages then it's a waste of money and they've not learned their lesson.  If they refuse to throw money at Lescott it's a sign that their skint and don't have any money and the board are all money grabbing liars.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm lead to believe that the Senderos deal is now completed.....

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I could be picking you up wrong here but you did say Rangers claimed he failed a medical when there is no evidence to back that up.  Lets face it, none of us know what the "personal reasons" are.  I've heard loads of rumours from Rangers changing the deal at the last minute due to the state of his knees to Lescott asking for more money at the last minute.  Whatever the real reason is, I doubt Lescott would have been up here undergoing a medical if he wasn't at least offered something which initially was satisfactory.  I also find it highly unlikely that Rangers would make an offer and then go "actually, we can't afford it" for no reason.  The double standards from people towards Rangers signing policy is laughable.  If they sign Barton or Krancjar on (supposedly) big wages then it's a waste of money and they've not learned their lesson.  If they refuse to throw money at Lescott it's a sign that their skint and don't have any money and the board are all money grabbing liars.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm lead to believe that the Senderos deal is now completed.....

I'm lead to believe? Jesus fecking christ. 

35 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Ever though the "personal reasons" were that he didn't like reduced terms offered after what showed up on his medical? Its obviously a blanket term used to cover absolutely everything. The money angle doesn't make sense- considering what we paid a few days later.  

Have to say, you do come across as a bit obsessed with this one.

37 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

You know as much as I do, which is f*ck all, so the fact you are choosing to believe Matteo is wholly unsurprising and typical of your odd anti-Rangers stance on anything and everything, even though Rangers themselves didn't say that he had failed a medical. As I said though, I take it as flattery.

What I suspect happened (and it's my opinion only, based on what I've read) is that 'something' showed up in the medical and Rangers then tried to move the goalposts in terms of the deal on offer, perhaps moving towards something more akin to "pay as you play" or similar. The fact that Warburton was photographed in England meeting him, we then had him up in Glasgow and a deal was expected pending the medical gives me comfort that we could "afford him" and that we simply chose to be more cautious based on new information. I'm quite comfortable with that. You apparently prefer the "Rangers must be skint" angle, which is your prerogative.

anti-rangers? ok  whatever. there is a differnet angle to this depending which way you look at it, from any side. Ill just leave it there, though I have to say excuse me for treating statements coming from your club with a bit of shall we say hesitancy ( £30m investment, Nomad within a week, Cup Final Statement...).