Cuzco, Peru - Things To Do - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cuzco, Peru - Things To Do

Coggs

Hi all,

Arrive in Cuzco next Thursday morning and have Thursday and Friday to acclimatise before beginning the Inca Trail. Any recommendations of things worth seeing in the city during my two days?

Cheers

Coggs

Hi all,

Arrive in Cuzco next Thursday morning and have Thursday and Friday to acclimatise before beginning the Inca Trail. Any recommendations of things worth seeing in the city during my two days?

Cheers

Coggs

Friends daughter stays there, she is married to a local who is/was an inca trail guide, will ask them for some recommendations

Coggs,planning on doing the inca trail next year with the wife for our 50th,s. Would be grateful if you could supply an outline of your trip details,been looking for months but the prices vary a lot, thanks

I used Llama Path. Full of praise for them

Coggs,planning on doing the inca trail next year with the wife for our 50th,s. Would be grateful if you could supply an outline of your trip details,been looking for months but the prices vary a lot, thanks

Hi there mate. We've booked through Exodus Travel. Was about £2k each, flying from London. In fact, here's the details of the trip here: http://www.exodus.co.uk/peru-holidays/walking-trekking/inca-trail/tpt

Once I get back I'll stick a full review up.

• 5 years later...
On 9/24/2014 at 2:55 PM, Huddersfield said:

My son was there a couple of years ago; apparently it has the highest Irish-owned pub in the world:

http://www.paddysirishbarcusco.com/

He reckons that general area of the town is decent for nightlife.

I have been in this pub before but just a few weeks ago I was in one even higher. Chivay in Peru is home to McElroy’s. It’s a good bit higher than Paddy’s. About 1000ft 😊

Edited by WCTA