Worst 5 pubs you've been in - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Worst 5 pubs you've been in

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Sad news about the Vale. Used to be a right TA shop before the Iron Horse came to fruition. 

The Iron Horse isn't one of the most salubrious establishments I've been in.  Used to work right next door to it and some of the sights you'd see staggering out at 11am were something else.  Used to go in before Scotland games and it was always good for a bit of atmosphere pre match but that was about its only redeeming quality!!

36 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The Iron Horse isn't one of the most salubrious establishments I've been in.  Used to work right next door to it and some of the sights you'd see staggering out at 11am were something else.  Used to go in before Scotland games and it was always good for a bit of atmosphere pre match but that was about its only redeeming quality!!

Find it far too busy on match days, much prefer Alfredo's across the road.

On 4/30/2016 at 7:27 PM, Charlie Endell said:

I can't believe I overlooked the Bee Bar! It has no redeeming features whatsoever. Pubs in Perfh are very disappointing. 

We were in there before the Scottish Cup game in January.

40 odd from our bus and one jakie at the bar who ended up helping the barmaid serve!

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Speaking of perth, a pub that had a massive fall from grace is john moirs.

I was first in there 25 years ago and it was agreat pub. Went in again a couple of years sgo and it was tragic.

Yes. The main reason is that a few years back there was a well known Hunnery that used to keep all the scummy q'unts in the one place. Every single one of them an orange knuckledragger. This place could've given any Strathclyde or Ayrshire cesspit a run for it's money. Then one day it just closed. The nearest pub to it was the John Moirs you speak of, although it's been a very long time since it was called that. It's name is Dickens now. Anyway, the absolute dregs of shite poured from that old Hunnery into Dickens and just ruined it. It's just one big orange club now disguised as a pub.

23 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Yes. The main reason is that a few years back there was a well known Hunnery that used to keep all the scummy q'unts in the one place. Every single one of them an orange knuckledragger. This place could've given any Strathclyde or Ayrshire cesspit a run for it's money. Then one day it just closed. The nearest pub to it was the John Moirs you speak of, although it's been a very long time since it was called that. It's name is Dickens now. Anyway, the absolute dregs of shite poured from that old Hunnery into Dickens and just ruined it. It's just one big orange club now disguised as a pub.

You got the address?

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You got the address?

The thing is FB. These eejits that frequent it are not even fitba' fans. They are just nasty, evil bastirts blaming the World's evils on a man in a white dress in Rome. We all know the type I'm sure.

On 26 April 2016 at 10:50 PM, slasher said:

I'll need to take your word for that neilly. On my only visit, ordered a pint and turned to survey the scene. Saw an elderly lady (let's call her that) remove her false teeth, spew into an empty pint tumbler and then carry on drinking. A small puddle was forming under the bag of frozen food belonging to her mate.

I didn't hang about for a second pint lol

To be fair, it's not the best advertisement, but it's a friendly wee pub, they always serve me and I've been in some wild nick walking in there at times. The guy behind the bar is a rabid Yesser, so it's all good. 

On 5 May 2016 at 0:41 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

We were in there before the Scottish Cup game in January.

40 odd from our bus and one jakie at the bar who ended up helping the barmaid serve!

Jings - only one jakey to hand - must've been a quiet day. Truly terrible boozer. 

Scotsman Lounge in Edinburgh. Now I have had many a good night in there, particularly in the Andy Chung days, with the pipers in and foreign students there too. It can be great. Other times you go in and It is quiet, a few jakies harassing tourists and the whole place stinks of pish, stale beer and despair. One Saturday afternoon I was at the bar having just walked in, and looked round to see a guy throw up onto one of the tables/barrel tops. He didn't even bother getting off his stool, just casually spewed onto the table he was sitting at. His two mates barely blinked, and then one of them headed up to the bar to order three more pints, leaving the table behind him swimming in puke with his mates picking up glasses from in amongst this puke and drinking away. I quietly pointed this out to the barman who looked aggressively at me and said 'And?' Decided to leave them all to it for the afternoon.

Myself and the wife went into Bensons Bar on Dalry Road last year as we couldnt find another boozer on way to a restaurant we had booking for. Everyone wrecked despite being only 5pm on a Tuesday, in particular a boy who had no teeth who claimed he had lost a full bottle of vodka down the back of his settee, so had come back down to pub for pints before buying another bottle of vodka. They were friendly enough but nuts.

11 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Scotsman Lounge in Edinburgh. Now I have had many a good night in there, particularly in the Andy Chung days, with the pipers in and foreign students there too. It can be great. Other times you go in and It is quiet, a few jakies harassing tourists and the whole place stinks of pish, stale beer and despair. One Saturday afternoon I was at the bar having just walked in, and looked round to see a guy throw up onto one of the tables/barrel tops. He didn't even bother getting off his stool, just casually spewed onto the table he was sitting at. His two mates barely blinked, and then one of them headed up to the bar to order three more pints, leaving the table behind him swimming in puke with his mates picking up glasses from in amongst this puke and drinking away. I quietly pointed this out to the barman who looked aggressively at me and said 'And?' Decided to leave them all to it for the afternoon.

Is that The one at the top of Cockburn St? Been in there a couple of times and always enjoyed it too. 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Is that The one at the top of Cockburn St? Been in there a couple of times and always enjoyed it too. 

That's the one. As I said it can be a great night.

On 05/05/2016 at 0:39 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I've been in there!

Went to Elgin pre season years ago. Some place!

Pal of mine moved up there a few years back so I've been out quite a few times. Civilisation just hasn't reached a lot of them yet. 

Dunno if it counts, but the Cavern in Liverpool is dire.

Sweat running down the walls, fat neds that know every song in order and some compere guy desperately trying to get a hen party to get their tits out.  He was actually trying to sneak the brides zip down when we left.

Saw Katy Rodgers outside from Brookside, she was very orange.

• 5 months later...