Worst 5 pubs you've been in - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Worst 5 pubs you've been in

In no particular order.

The wetherspoons in sauchiehall Street.

The rock pub in Zagreb that served horse burgers. Bleeuurggh!

The Bull Inn (I think) in Krakow.

The Ritz bar in Cambuslang (if ever somewhere was more inappropriately named!)

The aforementioned Grange at Parkhead, although I'm a bit sentimental about it as I was once in there when some eejit tried to rob it with a dummy gun. The bar staff took it off him and kicked the shit out of him!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

And we were enticed into a bar that promised to show us the streaker of tiger woods naked when we went to oasis at murrayfield about 2000sh. 

Very intimidating,blacked out windows and a black woman bent over a tarpaulin clad pool table getting rammed by the biggest dildo I had ever seen. 

We were offered the opportunity to have a go for £10 each,we politely declined. 

Still stayed to watch though,but it was a shithole. 

That streaker worked in the Burke & Hare so it might have been there. It's not near Murrayfield though.

1 hour ago, Davied14 said:

That streaker worked in the Burke & Hare so it might have been there. It's not near Murrayfield though.

We weren't staying near murrayfield,were in the centre. And now that I googled a picture of it,it does ring a bell. 

On 19 April 2016 at 1:59 PM, aaid said:

About 30 years ago when I lived in Aberdeen, I used to quite like to go for a pub crawl along George St.  Most of the pubs there were pretty rough and ready but in the main decent traditional boozers.   The exception though was one called the Cragshannoch, which I think has been demolished.  Was in there two or three times and never felt comfortable.  It was run by a completely unfriendly and aggressive old fishwife.  One Saturday night we went in and there was about three people in the bar - including the fishwife - they had the TV on.  I stuck some tunes on the Jukebox and when it came on she turned the volume on the TV up!   Another time someone asked for the darts and almost had them thrown at him.   This picture from outside looks pretty grim, it was even worse inside.

9734390134_c641dfb1b9_b.jpg

I'll see you and raise you with the 524 'Cocktail Bar' also on George Street. Not necessarily renowned for its Mojitos and Daquiris...

5cb-from-flickrdotcom.jpg

40 minutes ago, neilser said:

I'll see you and raise you with the 524 'Cocktail Bar' also on George Street. Not necessarily renowned for its Mojitos and Daquiris...

5cb-from-flickrdotcom.jpg

The 524 was like an oasis in the desert compared to the Cragshannoch.  I'm pleased to see that its still going strong.  Always wanted to ask for a Harvey Wallbanger in there for a laugh but was never brave enough.

It must be the most ill-named pub in the world - okay it is a 524 George St and it is a bar but in this case 2 out of 3 is bad, far from the worst though, had a few good nights in there back in the day.

17 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I get the distinct impression that since the 'upgrade' there are a lot fewer posts and posters on the board.

Yup. I did tell them it was going to happen... 

Before I met my wife she used to live in the tenement over the road from the 524.  I have issues with them going back to the days when they were 'refurbishing' the place some 12 years or so back at the same time we were doing Mrs neilser's flat up for sale. I'm convinced that they were responsible for depositing a manky old toilet in the back drying green of the tenement, right after we'd cleared the place up...

Happy days :lol:

Charlies, Bellshill

The Goose, Union St Glasgow - horrible place, crap beer and full of pished up neds

Stadium Bar, Ibrox - went here on a subcrawl, jeeze grim.

Stirrup Cup, Main St Rutherglen - popped into here before heading down to Hampden. It was like going back in time to the 70s, I swear there was a thrupenny bit in my change

Grant Arms Argyle St. Glasgow - Horrible place, full of neds and jakies

In no particular order.

The Bonnie Prince Charlie near Parkhead. I used to always go there before Celtic Rangers games at the old CP. I think it later appeared on some TV show where one of the local jakies was eating pint glasses. 

Bairds. Some how ended up in here before a gig at the Barras. ing hell!! That is all. 

Another vote for The Stadium Bar. Utter toilet. It's in much better condition now, thankfully :)

The majority of Wetherspoons/Lloyds I've been in, in particular The Counting House . Just soulless and generally full of maniacs. 

Last one I don't know the name of. It was in Luton the night before we flew to Macedonia.  Like something from Trainspotting.

2 hours ago, derekfaejapan said:

I think subcrawls are how a lot of folk end up here! It's had a recent refurb though and looks much better than before.

I was in it on Saturday for the first time in years and while it clearly won't be to everyone's taste, for a pre match pint it's scrubbed up really well.  It's much brighter (and cleaner) than it was before, loads of big screens showing whatever sport is on, plenty of taps for draft beer/lager and massive coolers for cold bottled beers and a decent sized outdoor space too.  I doubt very much I'd go in it on a non match day (I'm not even sure if it's opened) but for a quick pint before the game it does the job.

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was in it on Saturday for the first time in years and while it clearly won't be to everyone's taste, for a pre match pint it's scrubbed up really well.  It's much brighter (and cleaner) than it was before, loads of big screens showing whatever sport is on, plenty of taps for draft beer/lager and massive coolers for cold bottled beers and a decent sized outdoor space too.  I doubt very much I'd go in it on a non match day (I'm not even sure if it's opened) but for a quick pint before the game it does the job.

Is that the place right across from the Subway? Think i went there after the Georgia game. It was pretty good! As you say, had a large outside space, plenty of choice of lager, lots of screens for watching the (i think) NI game and they were handing out free pies and rolls on sausage. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is that the place right across from the Subway? Think i went there after the Georgia game. It was pretty good! As you say, had a large outside space, plenty of choice of lager, lots of screens for watching the (i think) NI game and they were handing out free pies and rolls on sausage. 

Yeah, that's the one. It would've been done up at the time we played Georgia...Unrecognisable from how it used to be! Come to think of it, we also got given some free grub when we came in for our last subcrawl.

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You think "The Quintessential Ranger's Supporters Pub" was showing the NI game?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say they definitely were!! :P

4 hours ago, derekfaejapan said:

I think subcrawls are how a lot of folk end up here! It's had a recent refurb though and looks much better than before.

I visited a mate in Ibrox and I did notice the new paint job and the rebranding. 

On 21/04/2016 at 10:27 AM, slasher said:

In no particular order.

The wetherspoons in sauchiehall Street.

The rock pub in Zagreb that served horse burgers. Bleeuurggh!

The Bull Inn (I think) in Krakow.

The Ritz bar in Cambuslang (if ever somewhere was more inappropriately named!)

The aforementioned Grange at Parkhead, although I'm a bit sentimental about it as I was once in there when some eejit tried to rob it with a dummy gun. The bar staff took it off him and kicked the shit out of him!

Haw you, the Ritz is a cracking wee pub, Cambuslangs finest. A bit spit n sawdust but thats the way all great pubs should be!

by worst we obviously mean total dives but in some ways they're the pubs with the most character; worst i've been in

woodside bar, maryhill road

bairds (now gone), barras

hampden bar (?) near vicky road, govanhill is the absolute worst.  no sun filters through, the punters look like they're about to keel over at any point.  

Pennies, Falkirk

Mill Inn, Falkirk

Kelly's, pollokshaws road - just didn't get a good vibe there, went in to watch a game and it just seemed full of angry alkies.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

12 hours ago, neilly71 said:

Haw you, the Ritz is a cracking wee pub, Cambuslangs finest. A bit spit n sawdust but thats the way all great pubs should be!

I'll need to take your word for that neilly. On my only visit, ordered a pint and turned to survey the scene. Saw an elderly lady (let's call her that) remove her false teeth, spew into an empty pint tumbler and then carry on drinking. A small puddle was forming under the bag of frozen food belonging to her mate.

I didn't hang about for a second pint lol