This Board Needs Tunes - Page 75 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

On 9/29/2019 at 7:02 PM, TDYER63 said:

Radio Luxembourg , Sunday night 1978 ❤️

This is for all the ladies on the board. 

Oh, wait ! 🤔 there are none. I am away to dance round my handbag on my own 😕 

That's right you need to set an example and maybe others will follow on to the dance floor.

21 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Jeeez, almost a quarter century.

At the time, I mind her in an interview talking about her mum's reaction to the album :-))

I wonder what about her ex's? :-))

While her voice and lyrics are so dominant, after 25 yrs also realise the power of the instrumental and bass...

(Is 1995 scarier than 1979?)

[My internet connection too dodgy to listen to the previous ones above, but in time...]

Edited by exile

On 10/4/2019 at 6:17 PM, exile said:

That's right you need to set an example and maybe others will follow on to the dance floor.

A wee selection from 1977 probably my most nostalgic year. 

And from the hit parade of 1677 especially for Grim Jim 😁

17 hours ago, exile said:

I wonder what about her ex's? :-))

While her voice and lyrics are so dominant, after 25 yrs also realise the power of the instrumental and bass...

(Is 1995 scarier than 1979?)

[My internet connection too dodgy to listen to the previous ones above, but in time...]

If most of the album was about just one guy he can consider himself an inspiration!

Ach the 70s were a long time ago now.   90's still feels like just last year.

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

A wee selection from 1977 probably my most nostalgic year.

And from the hit parade of 1677 especially for Grim Jim 😁

So you lost yours in '77  :-))

Oanyhoo nice tune, but was it from the 20th century by Remo Giazotto?   More recent than Little Richard's Lucile and Elvis's version of One Night but still before I was born 😛

53 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

So you lost yours in '77  :-))

Oanyhoo nice tune, but was it from the 20th century by Remo Giazotto?   More recent than Little Richard's Lucile and Elvis's version of One Night but still before I was born 😛

😂 dammit. Here is me trying to sound all cultured as well. I heard it on The assassination of Gianni Versace( for the avoidance of doubt I dont condone assassinations 🙄) and liked it,  so l looked up the soundtrack. It said it was by Tomaso Albinoni. But a quick google search would suggest you are correct 😁

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adagio_in_G_minor

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 dammit. Here is me trying to sound all cultured as well. I heard it on The assassination of Gianni Versace( for the avoidance of doubt I dont condone assassinations 🙄) and liked it,  so l looked up the soundtrack. It said it was by Tomaso Albinoni. But a quick google search would suggest you are correct 😁

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adagio_in_G_minor

I probably sounded like a smart arse, but I'd only just read that myself.   I actually looked up Wiki to see if Albinoni was covering Bach or vice versa, and to see where Whiter Shade of Pale came from.