This Board Needs Tunes - Page 614 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

21 minutes ago, Heuch Moray said:

Slightly more recent than previous choices

That's doin' my head in trying to place it.  OK sometimes I just relate to what I know.   I'm getting Led Zep, Black Country Woman, or am I mixed up?

More Importantly, LZ never thought it up and these old buggers got it somewhere earlier too.   Where?   If you're auld enough to know that is.   Nae pressure 😆

2 hours ago, exile said:

I tend to interpret the whole first minute as all intro

Correct! Nothing wrong with it, but you are definitely just about as old as me 🧐   Mind driving home from the girlfriend's with that on cassette in my dad's car late at night.   Brings back that late night feeling... though not as much as Stormtrooper in Stilettos!

11 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

That's doin' my head in trying to place it.  OK sometimes I just relate to what I know.   I'm getting Led Zep, Black Country Woman, or am I mixed up?

More Importantly, LZ never thought it up and these old buggers got it somewhere earlier too.   Where?   If you're auld enough to know that is.   Nae pressure 😆

😄 Okay, this should let you sleep tonight...

20 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Correct! Nothing wrong with it, but you are definitely just about as old as me 🧐   Mind driving home from the girlfriend's with that on cassette in my dad's car late at night.   Brings back that late night feeling... though not as much as Stormtrooper in Stilettos!

Well I have been known to post things from 'before my time' and also things I don't necessarily 'like' but might be 'of interest'. For example this one, I think i originally heard probably in the 2000s and I don't particularly value the long intro, I post it more 'because it's there'.

Another one I remember playing on the car radio far away at night by myself was this.   There was a thunder storm, but not raining on the road yet, but during the big crescendos further into the song I was getting a light show.