This Board Needs Tunes - Page 611 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

A school teacher we had played that song in English class.  Secondary school; 2nd year?   A Long, Long Time Ago...

He went around the class asking for insights.   I had no fekkin' idea.   I had heard the song before, but not given it much thought.   So in my turn, I said it's about taking a horse for a drink but it's dried up.

So... OK, I did not have a lot of American cultural references at the time and didn't even know what a 'Chevy' was.   I was ok with Triumph Herald, Datsun Cherry, etc.   I'd certainly never seen Zapruder's film.

Funny how some things stick with you.

OK, still way back in the 70s; this one's a cheat as I'm not playing Burn from the Burn album... 'cause it's pish (by comparison). Better version is the (underrated) live one...

...not 'cause Coverdale is better than Gillan, but the energy is.   Or over dubbing 🙉

7 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Would you believe this is more up to date? 1991 ffs!   @exile you need a new topic quick before I get even more boring 🤢   I'll be on to E next!

Please feel free to change the topic!

Unless it's already the 70s? 😅

2 hours ago, silverbear said:

and had to post the video too.  😎

👍Perfect start to a new theme:  Best Song Intros-any that instantly hooked you within a few seconds and would forever be an all time favourite