This Board Needs Tunes - Page 495 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

On 9/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, gkm_vancouver said:

Know what you mean but I'm probably a bit of a newbie on this thread compared to others so suspect there are also only so many new themes that can be used. Personally I prefer the longer threads as it gives me a chance to check out some older songs/bands from the 70s that are otherwise forgotten memories - so good for the old grey matter🤔

It was more of an observation than a criticism. I dip in & out of the Board so just check out a few songs when I've got a spare half hour. However, as I say I only check back 5 pages so there's always the chance I may duplicate something I've posted myself.... 😉

23 hours ago, exile said:

It occurred to me that this is an exercise in both long terms and short term memory. Do you remember the song? Do you remember if someone already posted it? 😅

I've just played a round of golf & couldn't remember whether I'd scored 5 or 6 on one hole so I'm not confident I'll remember something that was posted 3 days before.  🤣

Places is a good choice. I did suggest to Heuch that one of us should start football team names, but that's as far as I got.

8 hours ago, fringo said:

Chicago, New Orleans, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC etc.......

I was in New York a few years ago and me and the wife (massive Motown fan) walked past BB kings club on times Square. Playing tomorrow, Martha Reeves and the vandellas.

Thought, we'll never get tix. But went to the box office, 2 tix acquired.

Night of the gig rocked up to the club, fella took our tix and told please wait to be seated.

Young lad comes up to show us to our seats in a really busy club and I said, how ye doin'?

He replies, where you fae?

East Kilbride I replied.

I'm fae coatbrig follow me.

Sat us at a table front row, absolutely incredible night.

My Martha Reeves was outstanding.

35 minutes ago, chaff said:

I was in New York a few years ago and me and the wife (massive Motown fan) walked past BB kings club on times Square. Playing tomorrow, Martha Reeves and the vandellas.

Thought, we'll never get tix. But went to the box office, 2 tix acquired.

Night of the gig rocked up to the club, fella took our tix and told please wait to be seated.

Young lad comes up to show us to our seats in a really busy club and I said, how ye doin'?

He replies, where you fae?

East Kilbride I replied.

I'm fae coatbrig follow me.

Sat us at a table front row, absolutely incredible night.

My Martha Reeves was outstanding.

It's not what you know... 💎 😄