This Board Needs Tunes - Page 264 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

21 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Looked it up.   Jeezo, some location.   Well sought out 👍

It was an amazing venue, Jim. I always said if I reached a certain age 😉 & was still alive (& could afford it) I would go.

There's a rock museum inside with memorabilia of all the bands that have played there. Phew. We went back the next day & had lunch overlooking the rocks. The folk were fantastic too, buying us drinks (& a cap ) etc. We got stranded there the next day & our mobiles wouldn't work so we couldn't get a taxi back. Hitched to some outpost where a woman in the shop offered to drive us back to Denver from Morrison - not only a 35min drive but a 35 mile detour out of her way. 👍

On 10/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, exile said:

I've enjoyed posting a couple of vinyl videos myself.   Truth be told, my own turntable has taken a pounding.

Had it almost as long as my marriage.   Or is it actually a month older? 🤔

Anyway, last vinyl I bought, I had the lid open against the wall.   Well, not quite.   Against a glass-fronted print badly positioned on the wall.   The lid tipped the heavy fecker down like a ton-o-bricks onto the tone-arm, buckling the stylus and gouging every track on as-yet-unheard side 1.   With the ensuing rant, my long-enduring marriage almost ended there :hammer:

Prices seem to have risen a wee bit beyond inflation since the day we carted the amp/turntable/speakers back to our first flat as it's now a niche market.   If I only replace the cartridge (anyone under 40 may struggle with the terminology) the modern Audio-Technica equivalent is about £700   ...a lot more than the whole "Hi-Fi" back in the day.

Hard to justify, so the STD turntable is for now a retro-ornament, along with the small stack of vinyl I cannot part with.   Frustrating, as back in the day I could only afford a record once in a blue moon and recorded most stuff on cassette.

Nice ornament though.   It makes a cameo appearance in the Freddy/Queen film behind the record producer when the band get back together.   Retro as I said :cheers3:

OK enough o' my shite, here's a tune (sweet)

A public information announcement for anyone interested:

I got a couple of alerts from Songkick this morning.   There's a whole load of American bands (that I've never heard of) streaming on something called the #iVoted Festival.   Might need to do an all nighter Tuesday.

My alerts were for Crobot 12.20am GMT (4th Nov) then Halestorm 2.25am, but there seem to be loads of others.