This Board Needs Tunes - Page 190 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

On 5/15/2020 at 5:17 PM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Ah now I recognise him!   My mate had to tell me who he was then.   Was beside this young chap at The Temperance Movement's after hours gig at King Tut's last year.   Was one of my best nights out ever (I'm easily pleased - and cheap).   Though this young man may not remember his night.   He was obviously relaxing after a hard day's work at TRNSMT on The Green.

Shit, it's great to realise I'm not yet senile.   What year was that again?   😳

17 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Ah now I recognise him!   My mate had to tell me who he was then.   Was beside this young chap at The Temperance Movement's after hours gig at King Tut's last year.   Was one of my best nights out ever (I'm easily pleased - and cheap).   Though this young man may not remember his night.   He was obviously relaxing after a hard day's work at TRNSMT on The Green.

Shit, it's great to realise I'm not yet senile.   What year was that again?   😳

Song: 2013 (same jeans)

Transmt: 2017

3 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Song: 2013 (same jeans)

Transmt: 2017

Shiiiiit !!!

OK, Looked it up, and King Tut's was 2018, so he wasn't playing on the Green that year.   Must've had a couple of guest passes.   FFS, I've only mislaid one year :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Shiiiiit !!!

OK, Looked it up, and King Tut's was 2018, so he wasn't playing on the Green that year.   Must've had a couple of guest passes.   FFS, I've only mislaid one year :ph34r:

Jim, the view supported the stone roses at Glasgow green in 2013. Incidentally are you Billy Sloan?:headbang:

3 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Jim, the view supported the stone roses at Glasgow green in 2013. Incidentally are you Billy Sloan?:headbang:

Naw!   If I was I'd probably know who The View were, and not rely on my (younger) pal.   (I like Same Jeans btw.   Thought it was Paulo Nutini, but his were four days old or whatever.)

The only gig I've been to on Glasgow Green was a beer fest :beer2:.   But much more interesting was Temperance Movement's 2018 gig at 11pm or so in King Tut's.   They'd been on the Green at 7.30am or so.   I'd love to have see them there, but not for a ticket full of mince at TRNSMT (spelling?) 2018.

Oanyhoo... much to my delight, TM appeared at a wee late night soiree in KT's at the much more respectable hour and went along.   The young gentleman joined our company that evening.   Then and today... I wrongly assumed he'd been entertaining you weans earlier that day.   Sounds like he just had as good taste in music as me 😜

11 minutes ago, bonzo said:

That's great.   It goes with my hair in lockdown (if I'm on the silver screen :ph34r: , and not viewed via baldy bit at the back).   I may have to finally get out the trimmer in case I'm mistaken for an old mod.

5 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

That's great.   It goes with my hair in lockdown (if I'm on the silver screen :ph34r: , and not viewed via baldy bit at the back).   I may have to finally get out the trimmer in case I'm mistaken for an old mod.

I knew there was an auld mod in there somewhere 😂👍

I've a lot of black, come to think of it :headbang:

Blue on Black immediately came to mind when this topic was suggested before (by HM and/or Tidy?).   I don't think it happened as someone :whistling: jumped in and started another.   Unfortunately @Heuch Moray disappeared again at that.   Shame, as she had some different stuff.   Same with @silverbear.   Hope they come out of isolation!