This Board Needs Tunes - Page 151 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

14 minutes ago, fringo said:

Not heard them in years. My two big brothers had some of their albums. Probably got some old vinyls in a cupboard somewhere.

Big brothers, gnarf, gnarf.   What was your vinyl Fringo?

I'm not playing yer video yet.   Still got TT's Johnny Nash on play (an old favourite), but mainly 'cause I just like the look of that old Gibson EB on your opening shot.    Couldn't play one to save myself.   Nearly played Status Quo: Rain,  since that was about all I could play back in the day.   (Sheez, I'm almost starting to sound like a (more confident) bagpipe player on here now ☘️ )

Sorry... Cream was TT's video.   Where's my drink?

Edited by Grim Jim

2 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Big brothers, gnarf, gnarf.   What was your vinyl Fringo?

I'm not playing yer video yet.   Still got TT's Johnny Nash on play (an old favourite), but mainly 'cause I just like the look of that old Gibson EB on your opening shot.    Couldn't play one to save myself.   Nearly played Status Quo: Rain,  since that was about all I could play back in the day.   (Sheez, I'm almost starting to sound like a (more confident) bagpipe player on here now ☘️ )

Honest gov. 

Cream were just before my time.

Funnily enough Quo Live was the first album I bought (2nd hand at the famous Grouchos record store in Dundee). Rain is a great track (wish I'd thought of it) , then Black Sabbath and AC/DC.

AC/DC are still my no.1 band but mostly their stuff up to For Those About To Rock.

The last Black Sabbath album I bought was Heaven and Hell around 1982-83 ?

Still have them in record cases in a cupboard.

1 minute ago, Grim Jim said:

Right, I'll have a go at Bonzo now.   Was punk dead by 1980?   Cheezy metal rules :headbang:

I may still have the 45 single for that !

What I may do tomorrow night is dig out some old record cases and post pics of them 😊

1 minute ago, fringo said:

I may still have the 45 single for that !

What I may do tomorrow night is dig out some old record cases and post pics of them 😊

I think it's on Mrs Grim's "Now" LP.   Not Now 47 or Now 2, but just Now (That's What I Call Music).   In the cupboard.

Do you (or any other folk on here) still have anything to play them old albums on if you get them out the cupboard?   I still have my original turntable here in the bunker mounted on the wall.   Unfortunately a hefty glass covered picture landed on it a wee while back, wrecked my trendy new vinyl, bounced off, hit the arm and squished the cartridge and buckled its moving coil stylus.   (Remember all yon H-Fi magazines?   I burst a summer's earnings on it.   Mrs Grim had to wait another year for her engagement ring.)

8 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Right, I'll have a go at Bonzo now.   Was punk dead by 1980?   Cheezy metal rules :headbang:

Not dead but evolving, probably from the year before. I'll  throw a wee grenade in I've always said ace of spades is punk?

At a gig a good few years ago (can't remember who) I seen a tee shirt that said "old punks don't die they just stand at the back" now, I am that soldier 😂

4 hours ago, bonzo said:

Not dead but evolving, probably from the year before. I'll  throw a wee grenade in I've always said ace of spades is punk?

At a gig a good few years ago (can't remember who) I seen a tee shirt that said "old punks don't die they just stand at the back" now, I am that soldier 😂

I hear you.   Doesn't always work at metal gigs though.   Once had to get out the way of some lucky ones that still had three feet of hair that were into wild head banging right at the back.